More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female

Go down 
+10
Professor Train
CJB
Hilly
Napoleon Solo
Gravity's Silhouette
bitchcraft
Control
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Salomé
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 11:35 pm

Babs might be right.

An almost all-black cast to Black Panther has brought in over US$500m at the US Box Office.

Chadwick Boseman for 007.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 7:31 am

Idris Elba!
Seriously, how is he not superior a prospect compared to disinterested Daniel Craig, who is only returning because of the Godfather offer paycheck?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 9:39 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Wed May 08, 2019 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 5:23 pm

Hard to go see Bond 25 knowing that Craig is just on auto-pilot and thinking about his bank account.

I used to like him when he was an underdog, now he's just a pussy who's more known for his outlandish statements than actually being an Ambassador for the role.

Big FU for Craig. Right now I prefer to see Peter Dinklage as Bond and even he is taller than you. Bitch.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Craig is hardly disinterested. Uninterested, certainly...

Anyway, The Sun's latest betting:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1703522/next-james-bond-daniel-craig-chris-hemsworth-tom-hiddleston-james-norton-tom-hardy/

Whereas the Beeb adaptation of The Night Manager served as a decent 'pitch' for Hiddleston as Bond, afraid I couldn't say the same for James Norton and the recent McMafia. He was kinda bland.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Craig is hardly disinterested. Uninterested, certainly...

Anyway, The Sun's latest betting:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1703522/next-james-bond-daniel-craig-chris-hemsworth-tom-hiddleston-james-norton-tom-hardy/

Apart from Idris Elba, I don't really like any of those options.
If not Elba, I guess Jack Huston is the least poor option. Not that he is the kind of actor I would associate with the role by any means.
But at least "Boardwalk Empire" suggests he can convey a certain threat and convincingly portray a killer.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 9:11 pm

Chris Hemsworth with an 'other fella' line in the PTS.

I despair.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 9:14 pm

Hilly KCMG wrote:
Chris Hemsworth with an 'other fella' line in the PTS.

I despair.

I like him, I got all wetty when he took his shirt off in the first Thor movie.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 9:20 pm

I'm not sure Chris Hemsworth is really that keen on the Bond role. Nor do I think he would be a great choice.
On the other hand, I guess he wouldn't mind another franchise to latch onto now that his Marvel gravy train is about to reach its terminus.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 11:00 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Wed May 08, 2019 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2018 2:51 am

bitchcraft wrote:
Cinema should bring back Sensorama.

4D seats are the in thing now...
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2018 2:52 am

FUCKING EDIT SHIT.

Bet Lazenby is scratching his big old hairy balls and laughing at us. drool
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2018 10:48 am

We will rue the day anyone but The Fassbonder takes over.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2018 9:53 pm

CJB wrote:

Never going to happen as he's in the crosshairs of #MeToo.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2018 9:54 pm

Vat, not zee Fassbender too?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2018 10:09 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Wed May 08, 2019 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Train
Cipher Clerk
Professor Train

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2018 10:37 pm

CJB wrote:

Agreed, he's the only choice after Craig.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2018 10:38 pm

Control wrote:
CJB wrote:

Good point. Didn't think of that. 

Such a shame (no pun intended).
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 7:19 am

Control wrote:
CJB wrote:

Makes him all the more suitable to play Ian Fleming's James Bond.

Babs' grumbling little SJW (I think his/hers/xe's name is still James Bond, but can't be sure) not so much.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 7:58 am

x

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 1:37 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 5:36 pm

But then some people would complain the role went to a Yank.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 5:47 pm

x

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 5:49 pm

Salomé wrote:
But then some people would complain the role went to a Yank.

They never seem to complain when American super-hero roles go to Brits or Aussies. blink
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 9:09 pm

I'm not saying I'm against an American playing Bond personally. Historically some Bond fans have reacted quite harshly against even rumors of an American being considered for the role.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next