More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female

Go down 
+10
Professor Train
CJB
Hilly
Napoleon Solo
Gravity's Silhouette
bitchcraft
Control
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Salomé
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 10:05 pm

If Jon Hamm could do an English accent I wouldn't have minded - I think I might of mentioned it in the respective thread around the time I watched Mad Men. 

As far as I'm concerned, Hamm would have been perfect for 2006. Fassbender is perfect now but Eon Babs is still creaming over Craig.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 10:58 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Wed May 08, 2019 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 11:35 pm

Caine is good value as always.

Not surprisingly, the swamp creature commentators at Teh Grauniad are piling on because he apparently voted for Brexit (something I didn't know or care about either way). Guess he still remembers Fritz dropping bombs on his head. My favourite comment was the one accusing him of "enabling Russian foreign policy" which presumably means that pre-1991 it was the Tory eurosceptics rather than the Left who were the real Soviet patsies in Britain.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 11:43 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Professor Train
Cipher Clerk
Professor Train

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 12:29 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
CJB wrote:
he apparently voted for Brexit

Caine annoyed a lot of drones when he said he would rather be a "poor master than a rich servant".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/06/sir-michael-caine-reveals-voted-brexit-would-rather-poor-master/

I've always liked and admired Sir Michael as an actor and as as a human being and that has not lessened with knowing he voted for Brexit. When you think about it, in the tide of Remainer actors and actresses, it took a lot of guts to cone out and say he voted for Brexit. He must've known that it wouldn't go down well with the Hollywood luvvies. I too believe it will be alright. This us Britain, after all, and not Zimbabwe or Syria.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 10:00 am

All this talk of Elba, Fassbender and Hardy is redundant. They're already in their forties. Surely the role of Bond will be cast with longevity in mind?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 5:50 pm

x

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 10:46 pm

G section wrote:
All this talk of Elba, Fassbender and Hardy is redundant. They're already in their forties. Surely the role of Bond will be cast with longevity in mind?

Not necessarily. If the new Bond fails I don't see them keeping him around for a long bout. If a current 40+ year old star is sold as 007, I think he has a chance.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 11:22 pm

G section wrote:

Depends if they look younger. Brosnan was 43 in GE, and from TND-DAD didn't appear to age much at all (in fact he looked more like Bond as he aged). 

Rog was into his 40s when he started, and I think he still looked youthful enough in FYEO. 

Then you have Craig, who looked like a weathered milkman even as rookie-Bond in CR, and was 38. 

Of those three you mention, only Fassbender is viable. And he'll be 41 in couple of days.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 8:05 am

Our only hope is for The Fassbonder to finds Babs and schlong her until she realises he's the one.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 6:13 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
G section wrote:

Depends if they look younger. Brosnan was 43 in GE, and from TND-DAD didn't appear to age much at all (in fact he looked more like Bond as he aged). 

Rog was into his 40s when he started, and I think he still looked youthful enough in FYEO. 

Then you have Craig, who looked like a weathered milkman even as rookie-Bond in CR, and was 38. 

Of those three you mention, only Fassbender is viable. And he'll be 41 in couple of days.

Back then they made a Bond movie every other year, though. Now they make them once every 3-4 years.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 8:40 pm

If they get Fassbender, they might also get his girlfriend as a Bond girl in a package deal.
Her schedule might open up, considering that "Tomb Raider" hasn't done well for WB on the domestic market, though it might just about be salvaged from being a total disaster for them thanks to its international numbers. Still, a sequel or even a proper multi-movie franchise now seems unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 9:18 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 9:25 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
If they get Fassbender, they might also get his girlfriend as a Bond girl in a package deal.

Wife according to my *cough* borrowed copy of Ola!

Vikander's singularly unremarkable, IMO. As is Fassbinder, at least in everything I've seen him in since Prometheus and that was years ago.

I never really liked the idea of Fassbender as Bond myself.
Of all the much touted candidates, I really only like Idris Elba, but that is unlikely to happen.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:40 am

Walecs wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
G section wrote:

Back then they made a Bond movie every other year, though. Now they make them once every 3-4 years.

That's true, though isn't that so Craig can go do other movies? Maybe they'll get back to every 2-3 years once he leaves.

Ambler wrote:
Vikander's singularly unremarkable, IMO. As is Fassbinder, at least in everything I've seen him in since Prometheus and that was years ago.

Agreed about Vikander. Looks a little plain to be a Bond girl, and always only seems to give a serviceable performance

Fassbender gave a rather raw performance from memory in The Counsellor, despite the mediocrity of the film. He gave an electric performance in Steve Jobs and was totally robbed for that Oscar in my opinion. And again, great performances in 12 Years A Slave and Light Between Oceans. 

Haven't seen the comic book stuff/video game adaptations so can't comment there. Macbeth was decent, but unremarkable (no fault of Fassbender). Curious to see Trespass Against Us and The Snowman, but both got slammed by critics.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 7:28 am

"The Snowman" is terrible all around.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 9:09 am

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 9:15 am

I doubt it will be the end, but he might spend some time in purgatory.
Josh Trank has been given another chance after all, and his strange behavior and the pure chaos of his "Fantastic Four" shoot is the stuff of legends.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 9:53 am

x

Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 2:32 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Walecs wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
G section wrote:

That's true, though isn't that so Craig can go do other movies? Maybe they'll get back to every 2-3 years once he leaves.

Ambler wrote:

Agreed about Vikander. Looks a little plain to be a Bond girl, and always only seems to give a serviceable performance

Fassbender gave a rather raw performance from memory in The Counsellor, despite the mediocrity of the film. He gave an electric performance in Steve Jobs and was totally robbed for that Oscar in my opinion. And again, great performances in 12 Years A Slave and Light Between Oceans. 

Haven't seen the comic book stuff/video game adaptations so can't comment there. Macbeth was decent, but unremarkable (no fault of Fassbender). Curious to see Trespass Against Us and The Snowman, but both got slammed by critics.

It seems to me that both Broccoli and Wilson got fed up with Bond and would rather do other projects (such as Blake Lively's spy movie).
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 6:10 am

Salomé wrote:

I read the book last summer/fall and found it to be kind of boring. Not surprised the film wasn't any better.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 1:50 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Salomé wrote:

I read the book last summer/fall and found it to be kind of boring. Not surprised the film wasn't any better.

The movie is silly and unintentionally hilarious at times, which cannot have been what Tomas Alfredson was hoping for when he took on the adaptation.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 9:51 pm

is it too late to get Nicky Henson (and find a way to resurrect Patrick Allen?)

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 11:58 am

laugh

^Saw this Bond knock-off in my local video shop back in the day, but never did rent it. Geoffrey Keen promoted to 'M' in this, by the looks of it.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 12:10 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
laugh

^Saw this Bond knock-off in my local video shop back in the day, but never did rent it. Geoffrey Keen promoted to 'M' in this, by the looks of it.

And is that Sandor too?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female   Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Babs Broccoli claims that next James Bond could be black or female
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next