More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The CB.n Thread

Go down 
+37
Vesper
saint mark
Stamper
Jack Wade
marketto007
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Blunt Instrument
David Schofield
Prisoner Monkeys
doubleoego
Triviachamp
Aris
Napoleon Solo
EyelessCougar
dodgecunningham
danslittlefinger
jaguar007
Santa
Hilly
Fae
Righty007
coco1997
CJB
clublos
Lazenby.
tiffanywint
Capsule in Space
Perilagu Khan
RobDudley
dalton
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
Chief of SIS
Control
Gravity's Silhouette
Louis Armstrong
bitchcraft
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The CB.n Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:00 am

You have an arse like that and you say no pricks allowed?

That is a tragedy.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:07 am

Avarice wrote:
You have an arse like that and you say no pricks allowed?

That is a tragedy.

Well my arse isn't a forum...more like a private board... :queen:
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:07 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Avarice wrote:
Well, the forum needs members.

Not this type of member...

...a body part or organ as a penis.

No pricks allowed...

On a side note...it's interesting the unconscious assumptions one makes about a person based upon their picture. For examples:

I assumed Dog Bond/Mrs.Aural Sects was a feisty woman in her mid-20's. Why? Because at CBn, if I recall correctly, her avatar was Denise Richards. Now I come to find out she's old enough to have a daughter that dates.

Sharky I assumed was around my age, or maybe a little older because of his avatar at CBn (an old man; who is that by the way?), even though his profile clearly stated he was born in 1990 (like Corrine DuFour, I never learned to read).

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:18 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
I assumed Dog Bond/Mrs.Aural Sects was a feisty woman in her mid-20's. Why? Because at CBn, if I recall correctly, her avatar was Denise Richards. Now I come to find out she's old enough to have a daughter that dates.

^^ He's trying to trick me into giving away my age....or does my ass look late 30s/early 40s?

But here's a clue...my daughter is still nowhere near double-digits yet...
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:20 am

Sharky wrote:

That's it. I was reading the thread, while I noticed at the bottom of the page - so was Mr. Blofeld. And returned over here, and saw we've got several more recruits.

You're right. Mr.Blightly created his profile here a few minutes after Mr.Blofeld was logged in at CBn reading the thread about Carnage (2011) at 6:02 EST (5:33 for people living in Rhode Island).

Won't make any difference to me one way or the other. I trust the moderators here. However, I'm reminded of a line from DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS that I think could apply: "A poacher who shoots at rabbits may scare big game away".

I meant to ask earlier: Is the new recruit "Dalton" either TDalton or Royal Dalton from CBn do you think?

Last edited by Gravity's Silhouette on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:24 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

^^ He's trying to trick me into giving away my age....

No, I don't need to trick a woman into giving me anything. I might pay her...or get her drunk...but no tricking.

Quote :

or does my ass look late 30s/early 40s?

That depends. Is that really your ass? Whoever's ass is in that picture I'd put their age somewhere between 19-26.

Quote :

But here's a clue...my daughter is still nowhere near double-digits yet...
:scratch: Didn't you say in another thread that Mr.Aural Sects put a beat down on a boyfriend that hit your daughter?

EDIT: Never mind. I reread your post. It was your sister. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:31 am

That depends. Is that really your ass? Whoever's ass is in that picture I'd put their age somewhere between 19-26.

It's mine, the pic was taken recently actually.

Quote :
Didn't you say in another thread that Mr.Aural Sects put a beat down on a boyfriend that hit your daughter?

It was my husband's younger sis, she was jabbed in the face by her drunk bf, got a bruise that pissed off the whole family. She tried to play it down, perhaps because she still had a soft spot for him...but he got a beatdown. I asked others here what they'd do in a similar situation, especially if asked not to interfere.

His sis began dating someone else now so all is good.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:33 am

Sharky I assumed was around my age, or maybe a little older because of his avatar at CBn (an old man; who is that by the way?), even though his profile clearly stated he was born in 1990 (like Corrine DuFour, I never learned to read).

The old man in the avatar was Igor Stravinsky, one of my personal heroes.

Back to top Go down
dalton
Cipher Clerk
dalton

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:42 am

I meant to ask earlier: Is the new recruit "Dalton" either TDalton or Royal Dalton from CBn do you think?

I'm "tdalton" from over on CBn. Thought I might give this site a try since any decent conversation on the topic of Bond, or anything else for that matter, seems to have dried up on CBn.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:55 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
I was temporarily perma-banned from CBn by Evan Wilnow for posting a Rick Astley link in a QoS forum.

I sent him a PM the next day asking why and he complained that the link contained viruses. He also said he was having a bad day and, because he was in a better mood, he put me on probation.

Not that it mattered. I was about as popular on CBn as Lego_Bond was on Mi6. And, no offense, but I could never get used ot that hideous color scheme. laugh

Who were you on CBn? Also, who are the moderators on these message boards other than yourself?

Fieldsman, Lazenby, M, and The White Tuxedo (Tux).

And then we have Baker Street staff, lead by Sir Ambler (whose name changed to "Avarice" coincidentally after a recent NYC prostitution sting) and MOO7RE (who has also gone missing--perhaps "on assignment").

Avarice wrote:
Baker St could certainly use the business.

Incidentally, I'm not impressed by your hiring, Brown. Who's that Helga? She looks like a boy. If you must cater to such tastes you could try Keira Knightley. In times of recession it's important not to export jobs.

It's tough following in the footsteps of you and MOO7RE.

Obviously, I need to study a few more episodes of Czech Streets. Time to get creative.
Back to top Go down
Chief of SIS
'R'
'R'
Chief of SIS

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:07 am

dalton wrote:

I'm "tdalton" from over on CBn. Thought I might give this site a try since any decent conversation on the topic of Bond, or anything else for that matter, seems to have dried up on CBn.

Like the water on the cement lip of a dam after a downpour, the former CBn-ers flood over, filling the new territory to its banks.

Sharky, thought this was going to be something new? 👅
Back to top Go down
RobDudley

RobDudley

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:09 am

Looks like a collection of the same old faces.

I nearly typed "faeces" there.

Time will tell how long this takes to turn. Its saving grace may be that it's kicking into life at the start of the production of a new Bond film, which is good timing. However, it may not be the best thing that grudges from other sites are transferred over. Gives the impression that Bond fandom is about the same thirty people running around - and it might be, come to that.

Different look, same story. Apt for a Bond site.

Very best of luck to those running the site.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:28 am

Which old face are you, Mr. Dudley?
Back to top Go down
RobDudley

RobDudley

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:32 am

Sharky wrote:
Which old face are you, Mr. Dudley?

An old MI6er who tried to cope with CBn after March 2011 but found it wanting due to

- colour scheme
- the quantum of sanctimony overwhelming it from a number of people.

The colour scheme here is better. Unfortunately I fear for it on the second point, give the (online) natures of those shipping out or booted out of CBn now appearing on here.

The peevish exaggeration of loosely-held prejudices otherwise unexpressable on a face-to-face basis, to wind others up out of boredom or inadequacy; it's due here. MI6 and CBn and Universal Exports and 007Forever and Kimberley Last and several other forums have had their turn and the circus has moved on. It's bound to happen and whilst those moderating the site need not take any notice of this advice, the advice remains to be careful. For several of these people, this will be the third site at which they'll demonstrate their individual magic.

The first is happenstance
The second, coincidence
The third time, it is enemy action.

Be careful out there.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Utopias do not exist and BaB does not vitiate that rule. That said, I don't believe every website must degenerate into dystopia either. To my mind MI6, for example, remained a very palatable place until the ill-advised remodel. As BaB grows it will become more chaotic, but there are good people in charge here and as long as they remain in power I think this site will continue to be easily the best option for Bond fans.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 4:22 pm

I have full confidence in M. I know he'll pull the plug when the time comes. He's not afraid to choose the nuclear option. Or use mixed metaphors.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:30 pm

RobDudley wrote:
Time will tell how long this takes to turn. Its saving grace may be that it's kicking into life at the start of the production of a new Bond film, which is good timing. However, it may not be the best thing that grudges from other sites are transferred over.

This is very true, but sometimes hard to shrug off, at least initially. For example, when there was first mention of inviting me over here, someone else slagged me off a bit. I've chosen to ignore her since and hopefully, vice versa, and things will be just fine. I'm a bit guilty of it myself having trained the same kind of guns on Mr. Blofeld, whose teeth I'd slap the yellow out of if I ever had the chance.

There is also the option of extending olive branches...true, mine be laced with gelignite which ignites on the fingertips when wiping one's ass...but it's the thought that counts.

*winks*
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:34 pm

It's bad enough I've got your arse in my face, Dog. Now you're talking about wiping it.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 7:02 pm

RobDudley wrote:
Looks like a collection of the same old faces.

I nearly typed "faeces" there.
Classy.

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
I've chosen to ignore her since and hopefully, vice versa, and things will be just fine. I'm a bit guilty of it myself having trained the same kind of guns on Mr. Blofeld, whose teeth I'd slap the yellow out of if I ever had the chance.
Good idea about the ignoring. Any adult should be able to scroll past the posts of a user they don't care for. But, about Mr Blofeld... When is it enough? No-one cares to read this vitriol.

No-one should be dragging anyone else through the mud here, although I fear it's already happened. B&B isn't some new playground for the kids to do battle on. The less grudges are discussed & acted upon, the better, eh?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: q   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 7:10 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
RobDudley wrote:
Time will tell how long this takes to turn. Its saving grace may be that it's kicking into life at the start of the production of a new Bond film, which is good timing. However, it may not be the best thing that grudges from other sites are transferred over.
q

There is also the option of extending olive branches...true, mine be laced with gelignite which ignites on the fingertips when wiping one's ass...but it's the thought that counts.

*winks*

Olive branch? I think you've had truck with Q Branch.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Louis Armstrong wrote:
The less grudges are discussed & acted upon, the better, eh?

It depends. A lot, if not all B&B members were members of other boards which had known trolls/instigators. When they register over here, are they absolved? Is the slate clean? If you were threatened by a member on another board, are you going to feel comfortable if said member joins here? Especially after being freshly banned from elsewhere for being a nuisance.

When this board initially started, the floodgates weren't opened...known perpetrators were filtered out. Members were invited in. If there were more dissenters about my presence here, I wouldn't have stayed. My fear about the gates being opened is that known troublemakers would find sanctuary here. The badwill they helped create might not dissipate as easily as you'd like.

Back to top Go down
Capsule in Space

Capsule in Space

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Capsule in Space wrote:
Hi, I'm Capsule in Space. I have a reputation rating of -171 at CommanderBond.net -a website that many people seem to be very upset with these days.

Welcome Capsule. I remember you. How did you manage to get a -171 rating? At the time of my banishment I was a +20, and that was after my rating plummeted 60 points and lost over 60% of its value in the last 2 weeks (just like the Dow Jones Industrial Average).

Thank you GS.

Now, how did I manage to get a -171 rating? I am not sure. I have only been a member at CBn since March of this year, so I reached that rating in a relatively short period of time. I guess a few possibilities stand out as to why I am so despised there. I am critical of the Craig era. I am critical of Craig's portrayal of 007. I am critical of EON. I am a staunch defender of Roger Moore, and the Moore era. I also was a defender of iBond, a member who became very unpopular at CBn, and who left after he received several criticisms.

Plus, I try to refrain from ad hominem attacks that are likely get me suspended or banned. I have a feeling that makes some members of CBn very frustrated.

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:06 pm

Louis Armstrong wrote:

Good idea about the ignoring. Any adult should be able to scroll past the posts of a user they don't care for. But, about Mr Blofeld... When is it enough? No-one cares to read this vitriol.

Well, I think this site has several more advantages to it that will prevent some of the problems that the other sites have faced, at least initially.

#1 There's a much different style over here than was at MI6 or CBn. From what I can see, there appears to be no censoring any of the usual curse words, there's an "Adults Only" section of the forum (which I never saw at any of the other forums), posters are allowed to have nudity in their avatars, and the threads have responses in them that are intentionally irreverent. And because it's got a different style to it, it might serve to attract a specific type of poster and repel a certain type of poster. That's not a good or bad thing, merely a statement of what is. The site doesn't seem to take itself too seriously, which I like, and which brings me to point #2.

#2 I may end up being wrong about this, but I don't think Mr.Blofeld is going to spend any amount of time posting over here. Why? Well, the big reason is that I don't think this message board works with his style of posting. It's like trying to sell Roger Moore as cruel and dangerous in 'Golden Gun' or FYEO, when light humor, romance, and action were Roger's strong points. Matthew aka Mr.Blofeld is a much more controlling type of poster; very serious about his "reputation", among other things. Unless forced into a situation where has no choice but to post here, I don't think he'll be a regular.

And he also knows where his bread is buttered. Some of his unprovoked attacks on other posters at CBn (too numerous a body count to list) who are now posting here would probably be handled a different way (i.e. a moderator would actually do something to him early on in the process rather than give him a free pass by admonishing the entire group to behave). He knows Jim has had his back for a long time, not once ever stopping to publicly warn Blofeld or force him to apologize to the people he maligned. I can't see Blofeld leave the safety and sanctuary of a message board where he knows the people and knows how to game the system to come over here and take his chances on a message board already predisposed to be wary of him and on the lookout for any signs of danger and confrontation.

Quote :

No-one should be dragging anyone else through the mud here, although I fear it's already happened. B&B isn't some new playground for the kids to do battle on. The less grudges are discussed & acted upon, the better, eh?

Eh, maybe, but it's to be expected. But in another week or two this whole discussion will finally fade away. Blofeld will get his posting privileges back over at CBn and then he'll be their problem all over again. And BOND-23 starts filming in about 10 weeks, so we'll have lots of news to discuss.

I also agree that the less grudges are discussed, the better. But I think that will happen naturally, as we get further away from the events of the past week and get closer to filming on BOND-23.

I'd also suggest that if the problem had simply been confined to people such as Mrs.Aural Sects, Righty007 or myself, you probably wouldn't be seeing people coming over from CBn to take a look because they'd be glad we were gone. GS is like the ozone layer...you never miss it until it's gone.
Back to top Go down
RobDudley

RobDudley

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:04 am

[quote="Gravity's Silhouette"]
Louis Armstrong wrote:

I'd also suggest that if the problem had simply been confined to people such as Mrs.Aural Sects, Righty007 or myself, you probably wouldn't be seeing people coming over from CBn to take a look because they'd be glad we were gone. GS is like the ozone layer...you never miss it until it's gone.

:roll:

And so the cycle begins again.

Good luck, everyone.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:51 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
The CB.n Thread - Page 2 Ee
"Welcome to Hell, Blofeld."

Nice one!laugh I just like the look on Sean's face. Now if only Craig could deliver a quip with such panache, and find a way to look as happy when dispatching with such no-good enemies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The CB.n Thread
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next