More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)

Go down 
+40
Moore
Chigawa
Fort Knox
TedHeath
Vesper
Stamper
saint mark
Control
clublos
Blunt Instrument
Fae
dirtymind
jet set willy
Thunderpussy
Toppers
trevanian
Hilly
colly
j7wild
dr. strangelove
Lazenby.
CJB
Santa
Prisoner Monkeys
The White Tuxedo
bitchcraft
lachesis
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
tiffanywint
Harmsway
Louis Armstrong
Jack Wade
Aris
Gravity's Silhouette
GeneralGogol
Perilagu Khan
Loomis
FourDot
Largo's Shark
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:41 am

I must confess as to being completely baffled by the adoration heaped on Tarantino, although I do generally enjoy his films I certainly I can't see him as a good fit for Bond.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:57 pm

lachesis wrote:
I must confess as to being completely baffled by the adoration heaped on Tarantino, although I do generally enjoy his films I certainly I can't see him as a good fit for Bond.
Same. A Quentin Tarantino-directed Bond film would be just that: a Quentin Tarantino Bond film, not a Bond film. Not sure EON would be on board.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 4:08 pm

I don't dislike his work or anything ... but the mind boggles as to what the Brosnan-starring version of CR he wanted to direct would've been like.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Tarantino directing Bond? That day that happens I'll lose all faith in EON.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:20 pm

Sharky wrote:
Tarantino directing Bond? That day that happens I'll lose all faith in EON.

Not to mention that Tarantino only seems to direct certain types of characters or movies. How would he work into the script a black-talking white character that says things like "N***a please!"?? The movie would be filled with gory, over-the-top violence and a slew of ethnic stereotypes. Best for EON to steer clear of Tarantino altogether.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Nah... I think he'll make a terrific Bond film.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:31 pm

He's yet to make a terrific film. Period.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
I don't dislike his work or anything ... but the mind boggles as to what the Brosnan-starring version of CR he wanted to direct would've been like.

I'm intrigued but then I wow easily.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Every film Tarantino has made is a pastiche/tribute to a certain genre (PULP FICTION is noir-ish, JACKIE BROWN is blaxpliotation, KILL BILL is Hong Kong action cinema, INGLORIOUS BASTERDS is the men-on-a-mission film, and DJANGO UNCHAINED will probably be Westerns), and while the films are quite well-made and lovingly-crafted, they also come across as Tarantino saying "this is how all those films influenced me, and made me into the director that I am, so this film is me giving something back to them".
This could be construed as an arugment for Tarantino. ie a Tarantino Bond film being a tribute to the glorious Bond films that have influenced him. An homage from Quentin.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Harmsway wrote:
Lazenby. wrote:
I doubt they'd waste that angle though.
Would it really "waste" the angle to have Bond's parents featured in a way that doesn't entangle them in some political conspiracy? I'm not sure it would.

But it is EON we're talking about, so I'm bracing myself for the CARTE BLANCHE-esque reveal that Bond's parents were secret agents.

I think this angle is a virtual lock. Eon will work Bond's parents into the plot somehow. So much for Fleming's assertion that they simply died in a climbing accident. Sigh.

Technically though, none of this has to conflict with Fleming, but Fleming did have 14 books with which to expand on Bond's parentage, and he chose not to.

Also I would really like to know how Bond can go his whole life and not know Skyfall Manor existed. Someone has been maintaining the grounds. Someone at least must have known that Bond existed, and been prepared to bring him home to Skyfall should he have expired. This angle I trust will be dealt with in the film.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 pm

lachesis wrote:

If Tarantino directed Skyfall, Craig would be sucking Eve's toes and there'd also be close ups of Judi Dench's feet.

Last edited by Mrs Aural Sects on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
lachesis wrote:

If Tarantino directed Skyfall, Craig would be sucking Eve's toes and there'd also be close ups of Judi Dench's feet.

Although, my ex had it bad for feet too so...

OK Just say no to Tarantino. The finger slobbering in CR was cringe-worthy enough. Toe suckling, and I'm walking out. Harrumph!
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:56 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
Also I would really like to know how Bond can go his whole life and not know Skyfall Manor existed.
Who says he didn't know it existed?

tiffanywint wrote:
Someone has been maintaining the grounds.
Um, isn't it designed to look as though it's been abandoned?
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:57 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
How do you mean, Harms?
Every Tarantino film is a "look at how clever I am" affair, a love-letter from Tarantino to himself.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
lachesis wrote:
Same. A Quentin Tarantino-directed Bond film would be just that: a Quentin Tarantino Bond film, not a Bond film. Not sure EON would be on board.

The whole point is that Eon wouldn't be on board. They were freakin' terrified of his offer to do CR (I believe as a period piece), either that or they were pissing themselves laughing becauser they have such high standards and taste.

People always clamor for a Ridley Scott Bond, a Spielberg Bond .. hey, this would be a different director's Bond, but somebody who clearly have seeped up Fleming so much it comes out his pores in his films.

I don't like all QT ... in fact, I've only seen PULP, the two KBs and INGLORIOUS all the way through (and like them all, with KB2 least.) But I couldn't get into JACKIE BROWN and RESERVOIR DOGS bored the piss out of me. Even having said that, I have no doubt that he would deliver something both memorable and in the Fleming vein. That doesn't mean it would be Oscar fare, but hey, as much as I worship FRWL, I can't say that is Oscar fare either, so it is irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:30 pm

Harmsway wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
How do you mean, Harms?
Every Tarantino film is a "look at how clever I am" affair, a love-letter from Tarantino to himself.

I'd apply that quoted section to a lot of DePalma and some Sidney Furiie, myself And of course TheAbramsThing.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:18 am

trevanian wrote:
People always clamor for a Ridley Scott Bond, a Spielberg Bond .. hey, this would be a different director's Bond, but somebody who clearly have seeped up Fleming so much it comes out his pores in his films.
There isn't an ounce of Fleming in Tarantino's films.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:29 am

tiffanywint wrote:
This could be construed as an arugment for Tarantino. ie a Tarantino Bond film being a tribute to the glorious Bond films that have influenced him. An homage from Quentin.
Perhaps, but Tarantino would still come first, and Bond second.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:09 am

Harmsway wrote:
trevanian wrote:
There isn't an ounce of Fleming in Tarantino's films.

So you're not on the metric system?
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:30 am

Harmsway wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:
Also I would really like to know how Bond can go his whole life and not know Skyfall Manor existed.
Who says he didn't know it existed?
You are right of course. We are only 3 movies deep into the timeline. Bond may indeed be well aware of Skyfall lodge, then again maybe not.

Harmsway wrote:

.. isn't it designed to look as though it's been abandoned?
Yep, again you could be right, but do lodges like this on big parcels of land, just get abandoned? I don't know.

I wonder, does Bond have any relatives. If this is the Bond family plot, then other Bonds would be here or destined to be here. Cousins maybe? Unless Andrew Bond was also an only child and had no silbings, or siblings that failed to breed. hmmmm.

Still, I wonder if Bond had died, was his body destined for this location? Maybe not, if he didn't know it existed, but if he does know of its' existence, he might want to be buried there with his mommy and daddy.

[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 James-parents
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:45 am

More from the foraging photographer's blog. He's got a new piece on how tight security is around the filming.

http://theforagingphotographer.wordpress.com/#

I've borrowed his captions.

Skyfall entrance, with Lodge in background.
[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 P1150250

filming the mysterious outbuilding
[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 Filming-outbuilding

front of chapel with covered headstones
[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 Chapel-finished

old stag atop the gatepost
[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 Aged-stag

outbuilding- a week from shell to filming
[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 Outbuilding-shell

for those curious about the insignia
[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 Merlin-close

hazy shot of the Aston Martin outside the Lodge
[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 P1150240

the bowl of Hankley Common. Lodge in centre
[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 Hankly-bowl
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:13 am

I wonder how all the water is going to come into it. There's supposed to be twelve thousand litres of water in the scenes set at the lodge - about five olympic swimming pools' worth - but I can't for the life of me work out how it might come into play.

That said, when Castle Duntrune was being scouted as a filming location, photos show that it was adjacent to the sea. Perhaps EON are trying to create the illusion of the manor house being a waterfront property.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:30 am

[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 Article-0-12260D5F000005DC-830_634x460

[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 Car1

[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 Article-0-12260C19000005DC-975_634x543

[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 Article-0-12260D63000005DC-272_634x341

[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 Article-0-12260D6F000005DC-822_634x707

[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 Mp_SF-shooting-schedule2

stumbled across this sharp observation from another Bond fan - that the Bond family headstones, are drawn from Fleming's family
Robert
Valentine
Celia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Fleming

regarding the leaked callsheet, B is probably for Boothroyd/Q/Whishaw, Mallory is Fiennes (new M?), and Kincade is Finney (possible traitor)
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:49 am

More from the foraging photographer. This guy is doing a great job at the location.

"We arrived in the afternoon to discover that they’d spent the whole morning filming Daniel Craig and Judi Dench driving through the gates and down the drive in the Aston Martin. (...) Today they were taking endless shots of someone fumbling for some time to open the doors, and then the doors finally swing open, and the person enters the building. The figure seemed to be bizarrely dressed; baggy trousers and a long greatcoat, with blond or grey hair and a hat. At one point it seemed that someone was pointing a gun at the figure, but this might not be the case – I couldn’t get a very clear view and shortly afterwards we were ordered to come further away. They were shooting, reshooting and shooting again, which seems to be the norm. Was it blond-wigged (please say it’s a wig…he’s really not a good blond) Javier, disguised as a tramp?"

http://theforagingphotographer.wordpress.com/

From the callsheet, Eve may indeed be the lead Bond Girl. Severine might be a Solange type, Silva girlfriend that Bond has a tyrst with. Or maybe there is no obvious lead Bond girl. Rather two supporting Bond girls.

Dench as M does seem to be the lead femme. This is a Bond and M film. ❤ In a mommy/son kinda way. Shucks.

Last edited by tiffanywint on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:53 am

tiffanywint wrote:
More from the foraging photographer's blog. He's got a new piece on how tight security is around the filming.
I think you'll find that he is actually a she.

tiffanywint wrote:
stumbled across this sharp observation from another Bond fan - that the Bond family headstones, are drawn from Fleming's family
Robert
Valentine
Celia
There's also a Ramsay Bond, according to the Foraging Photgrapher, but I can't find any connection to Fleming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next