More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage

Go down 
+6
Jack Wade
Makeshift Python
Hilly
TedHeath
Control
j7wild
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage Empty
PostSubject: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:40 pm

The government and church should stay pit of people's personal lives!

If someone wants to be Gay and Marry who they want, let them!

Religion and government: the two biggest threats to our personal freedom throughout the history of the human race!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/court-overturns-prop-8-california-says-state-t-181451250.html
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:28 am

Agreed. Minus the CAPS.
Back to top Go down
TedHeath
Cipher Clerk
TedHeath

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:09 am

j7wild wrote:
RELIGION and GOVERNMENT, the 2 Biggest Threat to our Personal Freedom throughout the History of the Human Race!!
Being a bit sensationalist, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:39 am

TedHeath wrote:
j7wild wrote:
RELIGION and GOVERNMENT, the 2 Biggest Threat to our Personal Freedom throughout the History of the Human Race!!
Being a bit sensationalist, don't you think?

tis the norm, you'll get used to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:27 am

'Bout time. Other states should follow, afterall the ban IS unconstitutional.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:19 am

Send all the gays to the FEMA Camps, I say.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 6:22 am

I have no problem with gay marriage as long as its not decreed by the courts.

In a democracy we the people need have the right to define something as important as marriage.

Here in Canada, our judges aren't as politically activist as in the USA. Our Supreme Court ruled the traditional definition of marriage to be perfectly constitutional, and tossed the matter back to parliament ie the people's elected representatives.

A Liberal government then changed the defintion of marriage to include same-sex.

Personally I don't support ssm, as I don't think it makes any sense, but I do respect the democratic process. If we want to get rid of it, we got to vote it out, not run to the courts.

The California ruling is an abuse of democracy IMO, but that's what you get from activist judges.

Canada, the State of Vermont and as of last year, New York, are the only 3 jurisdictions in Canada/USA where ssm was actually voted in. Its only legal in 6 states. In the other 4 it was litigated in, not voted in.

Otherwise I don't think, ssm wins a plebiscite anywhere (it couldn't even win California) and doesn't survive a legislature vote either. From wiki; "out of 28 states where constitutional amendments or initiatives that define marriage as the union of a man and a woman were put on the ballot in a voter referendum voters in all 28 states voted to approve such amendments."

J7Wild, you are contracdicting your own libertarian views by applauding this court decision. You are supporting the will of unelected judges trumping an actual referendum vote by the people. Not very libertarian of you.

"Today's ruling finally clears the field for an appeal to the United States Supreme Court, where we are confident we will be victorious," the Save Prop 8 campaign said in a statement.

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney released a statement saying the "fight" over states' rights to ban gay marriage is not over. "Today, unelected judges cast aside the will of the people of California who voted to protect traditional marriage," he said, adding that he would appoint judges who oppose same-sex marriage if he's elected. President Obama also opposes same-sex marriage, but says that his opinion on the issue is "evolving."

Not even Obama supports ssm ( for purely political reasons I'm sure) but Romney being the good conservative that he is, is championing States Rights. When this goes to the Supreme Court, hopefully they will rule in favour of States rights, meaning each state can pass its own definition based on the will of its own people or their elected reprentatives.

Last edited by tiffanywint on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 6:49 am

When did I ever say I was a libertarian?

Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:02 am

j7wild wrote:
when did I ever say I was a libertarian?

You support libertarian Ron Paul. And you are railing against government in the opening post, which makes you sound very libertarian.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:25 am

j7wild is a tittytarian.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:26 am

j7 is a fucking moron and making this place difficult to bear.

I suppose I should write that in uppercase and red crayon.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:31 am

Think M should give you the status of official BAB executor. Destroyer of accounts.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:33 am

M has removed my freedom to delete my own account.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:37 am

It's mainly because it screws up reading the boards. Having a username replaced with "guest" is tiring.

I tried it a while back, but I never had the option available on my account. Like Rasputin, I wouldn't die.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
j7 is a fucking moron and making this place difficult to bear.

I suppose I should write that in uppercase and red crayon.

I can't go that far, but I think it would be helpful if a moderator would re-title his posts. Topics like "This is how it's done", "I can't believe that!", "Is it just me or..." are extremely vague and don't give a person skimming the boards the fullest sense of what the topic is about or the massive intellect of the person who started the thread.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Give me a minute or two.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 6:15 pm

I think M hit the road and left us all to die.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 6:17 pm

M's fate.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 6:20 pm

M's lying in a dark room and taking heavy medication.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 6:22 pm

He then suffered a mysterious "overdose", and j7 buried the body.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 6:23 pm

I think we've got enough to go to court.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:

I'm relying on you, Brandon.

Get us out of this and Santa will show you her tits.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 6:28 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:

Why not me?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Sharky wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:

Why not me?

You've already seen her tits.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 6:52 pm

They're nothing special.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage   Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage Empty

Back to top Go down

Prop. 8 overturned in California, court says state can’t ban gay marriage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next