More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Bought?

Go down 
+49
Thunderpussy
Vesper
Agent OO7
Carruthers
Xenia93
Agent007391
General Yuskovich
Strangways&Quarrel
Moore
Big Boss
00Twelve
CJB
j7wild
hegottheboot
TedHeath
Santa
Seve
Perilagu Khan
Gravity's Silhouette
FourDot
lachesis
Manhunter
trevanian
saint mark
Harmsway
Lobelia Overhill
Louis Armstrong
Aston_Martini
tiffanywint
Blunt Instrument
Lazenby.
Tubes
Salomé
bondfan06
G section
Jack Wade
Largo's Shark
MBalje
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
The White Tuxedo
Mr. Trevelyan
HJackson
Prince Kamal Khan
Hilly
colly
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:39 am

I finally did it. My bonus came in today, and was more than expected, and so I and my wife ran out, picked out a brand, spankin' new 37-inch HDTV and a matching Blu-Ray player with upscaling capability. The difference is stunning. Even just up-converted DVDs are worlds beyond what I've been used to seeing.

Our first Blu-Ray DVD purchase? TAXI DRIVER. Wow oh wow.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:44 am

Yeah, I bet that's a treat.

I abandoned my Blu-Ray dreams for the time being. If I'm going to watch a DVD with pristine picture quality, I want to watch it on a large TV.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:59 am

It's like seeing TAXI DRIVER for the first time. Really.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 6:24 am

Arkadin wrote:
I finally did it. My bonus came in today, and was more than expected, and so I and my wife ran out, picked out a brand, spankin' new 37-inch HDTV and a matching Blu-Ray player with upscaling capability. The difference is stunning. Even just up-converted DVDs are worlds beyond what I've been used to seeing.

Our first Blu-Ray DVD purchase? TAXI DRIVER. Wow oh wow.

I'm hoping to upgrade in a couple months. Oh, it sucks to have to wait. I'm watching stuff on my laptop. All I want is to have a new TV and BD player and watch all my favorite movies. I think ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST will be my first. And I'll pick up the BD of it.

BTW, my first BD was CHARADE.

Of course, I have yet to see it.

I'm gonna go 32 inch I think. 1080p.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 6:38 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:

I'll be picking that up for my wife. She loves that film. Quotes it all the time. (I like it, but I don't love it.)

We got a great deal on the TV. And man, was it worth it. I don't know that I'll be picking up any Blu-Ray upgrades of films I already own (perhaps 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY, but after seeing that on the big screen, I just don't know that home viewing is going to cut the mustard for that one anymore). If I buy Blu-Ray releases, it will be of films I don't already own.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:51 am

Arkadin wrote:
If I buy Blu-Ray releases, it will be of films I don't already own.

That's what I'm going for, unless it's a no-brainer like Black Narcissus for £4. That was an absolute steal. But yeah, Bluray is kickass.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:10 pm

£4? %^&^%& hell.

Where the hell do you shop again? I know it's in Bristol, but what store?
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:46 pm

Arkadin wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

I'll be picking that up for my wife. She loves that film. Quotes it all the time. (I like it, but I don't love it.)

We got a great deal on the TV. And man, was it worth it. I don't know that I'll be picking up any Blu-Ray upgrades of films I already own (perhaps 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY, but after seeing that on the big screen, I just don't know that home viewing is going to cut the mustard for that one anymore). If I buy Blu-Ray releases, it will be of films I don't already own.

There was a thread for that, but it may have been on Bikini Atoll. I mean, Keeping the British End Up.

I plan to be very selective in my Blu purchases. Maybe I should start a thread for it if it hasn't been done.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 2:22 am

Had an unexpected windfall into my bank account from work today ($350 out of nowhere is always appreciated), so I went ioffering...

SITTING PRETTY (Clifton Webb)
THE PRIVATE WAR OF MAJOR BENSON (Heston)
THE LIEUTENANT WORE SKIRTS (Tom Ewell)
APARTMENT FOR PEGGY (Jeanne Crain & William Holden)
CAVALCADE (BP winner)
PILLARS OF THE SKY (Dorothy Malone)
DON JUAN QUILLIGAN (Bendix & Blondell)
EVERYBODY DOES IT (The chief, aka Paul Douglas, and Linda Darnell)

and a Van Heflin quadruple:
TAP ROOTS
WINGS OF THE HAWK
TANGANYIKA
COUNT THREE AND PRAY

all for just over 50 quid. Excellent.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 4:12 am

All About Eve (which was excellent)
Revolutionary Road (which I've seen before)
Quantum of Solace SE
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 2:20 am

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 Sayonara
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 10:06 am

Sharky wrote:
£4? %^&^%& hell.

Where the hell do you shop again? I know it's in Bristol, but what store?
Head. I remember being quite confused before, when I found out the chain was out of business, but it seems the Bristol store is some sort of independent offshoot of the old company. Uses the same branding and everything. The place is a total mess though, but you find the occassional bargain.

Entertainment Retailers in Bristol-O-Meter:

1. Rise
2. Fopp
3. Head
4. HMV
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 3:29 pm

Apparently there's a surviving Fopp store on Earlham Street in London. I'll go to that.

Are their prices good?
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 5:14 pm

18/4
35. Coen Brothers Volkskrant Collection 13/14: The Man Who Wasn't There. Black & White Version.

21/4

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 CoverLast Movie You Bought? - Page 3 2007-02-21-brickLast Movie You Bought? - Page 3 CoverLast Movie You Bought? - Page 3 CoverLast Movie You Bought? - Page 3 Cover

36. The Accidental Spy.
37. Brick (2005)
38. Blindness. (2009) From the directer of City of God and that movie with Ralph Fienes.
39. How to Lose Friends & Alienate People.
40. What Women Want Third movie from the only famale directer in my collection.

25/4
41. Coen Brothers Volkskrant Collection 14/14: Blood Simple.

The end of the Volkskrant Coen Brothers collection , but the Coen Brothers wil return with True Grit. Iit wil introduce Matt Damon in to Coen Brothers collection after Brad Pitt and George Clooney. Funnu enough i thinking earlier why Damon not be in one of the movies. Before it whas started Burn After Reading be the only movie i got intrest in. Possible the first choose to see. Atleast i have enough (11, include Jarhead. ) Roger Deakins material now.

With 26 dvd's buying my self (Coen brothers & The American be a gift) i already close to 50% of my 2010 Collection.

Directers rank:

1. Coen Brothers: 14
2. John Glen / Robert Zemeckis / Steven Spielberg: 6
3. Peter Jackson / Martin Campbell: 5
4. Guy Hamilton / Gore Verbinski / Tony Scott / Bratt Ratner: 4
5. Terence Young / Lewis Gilbert / Bryan Singer / Stephen Sommers / Steven Sodenbergh / Danny Boyle / Ridley Scott / Joel Schumacher / Chris Wedge / Nancy Meyers: 3
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Sharky wrote:
Apparently there's a surviving Fopp store on Earlham Street in London. I'll go to that.

Are their prices good?

They're part of HMV now, so their prices aren't as good as they used to be. Mind you, most of the stuff I see in there is a pound or two less than in HMV, and I find the store is generally laid out in a much better way. HMV push new releases on you, whereas Fopp seems to be pushing quality.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:21 am

JB Hi-Fi had a 20% off sale today, so I spent some money I dont really have on...

WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF? (8 dollar special edition)
A KISS BEFORE DYING (down to about 5)
THE DEVIL AND DANIEL WEBSTER (8 dollars)
THE SEA HAWK (about 10)
VIVA LAS VEGAS (ditto)
Shakespeare 3-pack of Olivier's HAMLET and HENRY V, plus the 1954 version of ROMEO & JULIET (also 10)
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 415vHZ44opL

Love the novel, looking forward to seeing this.
Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 7:56 pm

G section wrote:

I studied the novel for my GCSE's and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have seen the awful American version but this is the better of the two I believe.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:37 pm

While backstage once at the Bristol Old Vic, my father said to Ian Richardson (this was back in the early 70s) "didn't you once work with Peter Brook?"

Ian responded "don't ever mention that c*** again. He was responsible for the death a of a very good friend of mine in New York."

Fine director, but terrible man. It's the director-as-God syndrome again.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:46 am

G section wrote:

"sucks to your ass-mahhhh!"

Gotta love it.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:25 am

I'll be interested to see if "Bollocks to the rules!" made the cut. :)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 2:16 pm

Legend of the Lost

And to build on my Keira Knightley collection:

Love, Actually
Pride and Prejudice

(Added to The Duchess, Atonement and The Edge of Love. Will probably buy Never Let Me Go when it comes out in Australia. What else of hers should I get? Silk was average. Lots of style, limited substance. Not keen on the POTC films. What does that leave? Domino, Doctor Zhivago and King Arther and then Last NIght. Haven't seen these last few ones mentioned. Can't wait for A Dangerous Method.)
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Glory
The Towering Inferno
The Andromeda Strain
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 5:10 am

Bought Legends of the Fall and What Happened To Baby Jane
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 7:24 am

G section wrote:
I'll be interested to see if "Bollocks to the rules!" made the cut. :)

I'd actually be interested to watch again in the non-classroom context, where we gigled our way through and cheered when Piggy got killed. That said, he's such a pain. laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Bought?
Page 3 of 35Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next