More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Bought?

Go down 
+49
Thunderpussy
Vesper
Agent OO7
Carruthers
Xenia93
Agent007391
General Yuskovich
Strangways&Quarrel
Moore
Big Boss
00Twelve
CJB
j7wild
hegottheboot
TedHeath
Santa
Seve
Perilagu Khan
Gravity's Silhouette
FourDot
lachesis
Manhunter
trevanian
saint mark
Harmsway
Lobelia Overhill
Louis Armstrong
Aston_Martini
tiffanywint
Blunt Instrument
Lazenby.
Tubes
Salomé
bondfan06
G section
Jack Wade
Largo's Shark
MBalje
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
The White Tuxedo
Mr. Trevelyan
HJackson
Prince Kamal Khan
Hilly
colly
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Queenday Buyings:

Suske en Wiske - De Duistere Diamant.
The Kingdom
Eastern Promises 2 disc SE digipack
Munich. Steelbook. Movie from Steven Spielberg, starring Daniel Craig. This movie only going to end in my collection when it be the Steelbook edition who be for a limited time avaible at 1 store.
Spider-Man 3 - 2 disc SE with Sleeve. A title who stay om my wishlist for a whyle and already give up litle and be afraid i must have waited til a bought a BD player.. Best dvd Buy of the day
City Of Ember
10,000 BC with 3D Sleeve.
Madagascar 2 disc SE. The first 2 disc SE release.
Kerst Met Shrek (Aka Shrek The Halls)
Sinbad Legend Of the Seven Seas. From the writer of Bond 23.
Fantastic Four - Extended Edition

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 Tn_3885_SuskeWiske_1265203156Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 CoverLast Movie You Bought? - Page 4 2008-03-21-easternpromisesLast Movie You Bought? - Page 4 31IAROc8rDL._SL350_Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 CoverLast Movie You Bought? - Page 4 City-of-ember-%28dvd%29Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6K7JZ7n01Rh_S63R1GqDLvmcHGInUWovAOvHRyk4ox3BwygZi&t=1Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 CoverLast Movie You Bought? - Page 4 Fantastic-4-%28dvd%29

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 Kerst-met-shrek_org
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:30 pm

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 Tn_3885_SuskeWiske_1265203156

The hell is that? laugh
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:19 am

Went to my place in Brighton...

DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE
DOCTOR AT SEA
VIOLENT SATURDAY
REMEMBER THE NIGHT

Then I got home and realized I forgot to buy CHARLEY VARRICK. It was there too. :x
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Gettysburg for the cheap price of 1.50 Except it's one of those A-side B-side DVD's. No matter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 5:37 pm

You seen VARRICK yet?
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:51 am

No. :oops:
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 2:35 am

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 TheTakingofPelhamOneTwoThree
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:58 pm

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 Operation_petticoat_poster

My VHS copy of the1959 WWII comedy classic hit got chewed up so I replaced it with a DVD. Interestingly enough, it lacks the original trailer which my VHS had 😢

and since it was only $6.97, the 2 disc UE version of TMWTGG since my SE had a scratch on it. I look forward to watching it with Sir Rog's commentary.It was actually cheaper than the single disc version :shock:
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 8:03 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 Tn_3885_SuskeWiske_1265203156

The hell is that? laugh

Suske and Wiske is a children's comic book Tux. It's Flemish but it's also quite popular (or at least it used to be) in Holland. A couple of movies have been made based on the series, though the production values are quite poor even by Belgian standards.

If you want to know more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_and_Suzy
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:53 pm

I'll just be the Ugly American and say that other cultures are weird. laugh
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 10:08 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:

Actually Belgium has a very long and rich comic book history, yet most of the quality is not to be found in the ultra-commercial Flemish series like Suske & Wiske. Those series were originally published in newspapers which meant the artist had to create new panels five days out of seven, which didn't always help the quality.

One good example of a quality series is "Blake and Mortimer", the proto-Cold War comic book series:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake_and_Mortimer

Last edited by Salomé on Wed May 04, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 10:09 pm

It's just that the DVD looks like it's for a five year-old. laugh
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 10:09 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
It's just that the DVD looks like it's for a five year-old. laugh

Well the comics are very much aimed at the under 12 audience, so you're not too far off. :)
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 10:51 pm

My latest haul:

Training Day
Snakes on a Plane
The Matrix Revisited
The Negotiator
Bruce Lee Collection (includes Fist of Fury, The Big Boss, Way of The Dragon, Game of Death, and Game of Death 2)
X-Men 1.5
X2: X-Men United
The Return of The King: Extended Edition

and finally...

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 29ccf96642a01d2a3a9d7110L
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:59 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:

Tin Tin is from Belgium too, the France part. Kuifje is the Dutch name. The Smurfs too. But keep in mind Dutch and Belgium people are not happy with the movie adaption of The Smurfs who be a Belgium/Dutch creation.

That Bob and bobette movie i buy is one of the worse movies, in the first place because a male playing the aunt and because of missing subitles there have les respect for the Dutch audince who by times don't understand what there say.

I expect the animated movie is much better. I only buy this one because of some fandom who always be bigger or simalar as James Bond til a couple of years back. The older comics always be very populair by older audince, but there get it in there crazy minds to change some things. This started already before the third creater whas fired with making them more comerical, but since he whas fired. The change the cover since 296, this feels like no Gunbarre lat the start of Bond movie. A mark of the comics. So i quite with a direct buying after number 302 because of that. story's going backwards and the high prices there ask those days. It be on the edge for me when with number 302 there yusing The Hulk as background for the story and very bad draws. One of those things i have my quistions about with that third creater being that over yuse of yusing backgrounds from comericals movies. There is stil some doubt why the guy whas fired, because what we blame him in the first place mabey be the work of the studio.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 1:13 am

I give Tubes the Mirror Universe salute.

mbalje, I just think the cover looks awful. laugh
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 2:20 am

The Animated Series box set was there, too. I'll have to stop back in and buy it later.

Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 2:27 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:

mbalje, I just think the cover looks awful. laugh

It's a DVD, so that's par for the course. :(
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:55 pm

Just got "Blow Out" in the mail today as a gift.

The Baumbach interview with De Palma is great. And Ambler, it also contains the director's comments on the lost footage. I'll try to get the clip online somehow, or at least quote what he says about it.

Overall, it's a nice DVD set.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:57 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:
Ambler, it also contains the director's comments on the lost footage.

Ah, I'd like to hear that. Always wondered whether that was a scam.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:39 pm

Sounds good, except the Baumbach part. Smug hipster c***.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptySat May 07, 2011 3:17 pm

Just bought a film called FLUFFY from Ioffer - it stars Tony Randall, Shirley Jones, Ed Andrews, Jim Backus and Howard Morris in a story in which apparently Randall tries to prove he came housetame a lion. How can it lose? laugh
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:48 pm

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 51KCKCssUgL

Never got round to seeing it in the summer, finally got hold of the DVD in an HMV sale. Time to see what the fuss was (is) all about.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:06 pm

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 220px-Hail_Conquering_Hero_poster

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 Sporting-Movie-Posters-The-Caddy_-1953-large-1157009343

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 Artistsandmodels

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 7-9

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 PosterGOD

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 Give-em-hell-harry-movie-poster-1975-1010465188

Yes, I went Ioffering again. :oops:

That said, I've been interested in seeing more Sturges and this guy had most of them - plus this one was in my newly arrived WW2 films book. THE CADDY (because its got Donna Reed) and ARTISTS AND MODELS (because of malone and MacLaine and a generally high regard for it) are the two Martin and Lewis films i most want to see, but the hardest to find. BALL OF FIRE comes highly recommended by our old friend Auric and this is a much cheaper way of doing it that the out of print copy - its got Cooper, Stanwyck and her legs, so it's already a winner. I've long wanted THE LEFT HAND OF GOD but have never taken the plunge because its scope and I dont want it to look crappy, but alas, I finally snapped. And GIVE 'EM HELL HARRY!'s a one man show in which James Whitmore plays Harry Truman. Cool beans.

And all for 35 dollars. 8)
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:30 pm

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 15175

I'm not a great fan of their covers (though this one is cooler than VIOLENT SATURDAY) but I decided to go Twilight Time for this one - mainly because Bounty hadnt released a cheaper Australian release.

But unlike VIOLENT SATURDAY, this ones anamorphic, and has an isolated score track, plus I really enjoyed the film first time out. So I cant wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Bought?
Page 4 of 35Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next