More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

007: Legends - New Bond video game?

Go down 
+20
Toppers
Jack Wade
TedHeath
James Bond
Lazenby.
Walecs
00Beast
Blunt Instrument
Harmsway
Vesper
Gravity's Silhouette
Tubes
Chief of SIS
Prisoner Monkeys
Control
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Louis Armstrong
CJB
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:35 pm

A sandbox Bond game remains an excellent idea. Imagine having a few different locations (say Nassau, Swiss Alps, and Hong Kong) and being given not only multiple pathways to complete sanctioned objectives, but also the ability to take side missions to increase your gambling funds. Or you could just bomb around the city in an expensive car and flirt with anything wearing a skirt.

The real reason why Activision won't do this is the development time would prevent yearly releases.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:04 pm

The game will tie together six different Bond films, including Skyfall:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/170265-bond-week-video-game-007-legends-coming-this-fall

I really hope they don't insert Craig into every film's stuff, but if they're trying to create a cohesive storyline, I wouldn't be surprised.

Sharky wrote:
Exactly. There should be no limitations. If you want, you can go rogue, but be prepared to have the cops, CIA, MI6 and mummy on yo ass.
If it's a Craig story, mummy would be on your ass even if you don't go rogue.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Louis Armstrong wrote:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/170265-bond-week-video-game-007-legends-coming-this-fall

I really hope they don't insert Craig into every film's stuff, but if they're trying to create a cohesive storyline, I wouldn't be surprised.

Sharky wrote:
Exactly. There should be no limitations. If you want, you can go rogue, but be prepared to have the cops, CIA, MI6 and mummy on yo ass.

EMPIRE has a bit on it as well. I'm actually excited for this game. I'd like to see MOONRAKER represented, and maybe A VIEW TO A KILL. I'd love to do the fire truck chase from AVTAK, or jump off the Eiffel Tower and have to land my character on a moving speedboat. There are lots of possibilities.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33699
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:53 pm

Quote :
The real reason why Activision won't do this is the development time would prevent yearly releases.

Not to mention probably prohibitively expensive.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:22 am

Quote :
Activision aren't saying yet, but have confirmed that 007 Legends is taking the first-person-shooter route, rather than Blood Stone's third-person approach.

That's me out.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:06 am

No doubt influenced by the sales GoldenEye: Reloaded got. But it's also an endless cycle from the looks of it: First it's a FPS, then the occasional third-person approach, but because everyone hates those games the developers revert right back to FPS and play it safe. Rinse and repeat.

The only exception is Everything or Nothing, the only third person Bond game that got praise. I actually didn't care for it. It was basically a shooter just like the rest but from a third person perspective. Too little espionage.

Stick with SNAKE EATER. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLLvch2g_sY#t=5m57s
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:15 am

Makeshift Python wrote:

Stick with SNAKE EATER

I will. I've got an appointment with Helga this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:13 am

I love METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SNAKE EATER. I love all the METAL GEAR SOLID games, really.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:09 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Louis Armstrong wrote:

Sharky wrote:

EMPIRE has a bit on it as well. I'm actually excited for this game. I'd like to see MOONRAKER represented, and maybe A VIEW TO A KILL. I'd love to do the fire truck chase from AVTAK, or jump off the Eiffel Tower and have to land my character on a moving speedboat. There are lots of possibilities.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33699
I think you could reasonably splice TB, OHMSS (a given, since it was the only Lazenby film), FYEO, TLD and TWINE into one wider story, but it would need some re-writes to connect the dots a little, unless they want to have six stand-alone episodes. The whole thing could plot the SPECTRE story out as they attempt to hijack two warheads, steal a submarine tracking device, take control of the oil market, unleash virulent plagues, and kill off the Double-Oh Section.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:43 am

Alright, I've been thinking: how do I tie six films together to form a single, coherent narrative? I think I've got the answer. It has a few re-writes, but I think the story mostly works out.

Part 1 - On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Bond is in Portugal, where he saves the life of a mysterious young woman, Tracy di Vicenzo. At the request of her father, Marc-Ange Draco, Bond investigates the allergy clinic at Piz Gloria. Draco will give him something in return, but he needs Bond to confirm something at Piz Gloria to be sure. Tracy was a patient at the clinic, but according to Draco, she came back "different" when she returned home. Bond infiltrates the clinic, and uncovers the Virus Omega plot to decimate livestock and crops around the world. Tracy was supposed to be an Angel of Death, but did not respond to her behavioral conditioning therapy. In return for aiding him, Draco gives Bond information about SPECTRE and Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

Part 2 - Licence to Kill

Draco's information leads to Franz Sanchez, a notorious drug dealer in Latin America. Sanchez is entering into a deal with Pierre Borraud - SPECTRE #9 - to expand his operations out into Asia. In exchange, Borraud will net SPECTRE tens of millions of dollars to carry out their criminal activities. Bond realises that he can turn Borraud to become a source by destroying Sanchez's drug operations. With the help of Felix Leiter (who is not mauled in this version), Bond gains Sanchez's trust by tipping him off to a planned raid of his facilities, a raid that Felix set up. Bond begins to sow discord in Sanchez's mind (but is careful not to implicate Borraud) and gradually destroys his empire. Bond then convinces Borraud to turn.

Part 3 - For Your Eyes Only

Borraud admits to Bond that SPECTRE is on the verge of acquiring the ATAC device, a missile targeting system that could compromise the British naval fleet. Bond seeks out Aris Kristatos in the search for the device, but soon learns that Kristatos is working on behalf of SPECTRE. He then joins Milos Colombos in an attempt to prevent the sale of the ATAC. By the end of the chapter, SPECTRE realise that Borraud has been turned, and Blofeld electrocutes him. At St. Cyril's monastery, Bond confronts the SPECTRE operative Kristatos was going to see ATAC to: Raoul Silva (instead of Gogol). He fails to prevent the sale, and is shot.

Part 4 - Thunderball

Bond recovers at Shrublands, where he catches wind of the next step in SPECTRE's plan. They intend to use the ATAC device to bring down a bomber carrying to nuclear devices and hijack them. Bond tracks them to the Bahamas, and with the help of Tracy (who has now recovered from her behavioral modification therapy), thwarts the plan to deliver the missiles. However, when SPECTRE fails to collect their ransom demand from the coast of Myanmar, Bond goes back over the plot and realises that one of the warheads is a dummy. There is still one bomb unaccounted for.

Part 5 - The World Is Not Enough

M and Bond concoct a plan: to stage Marc-Ange Draco's death (instead of Robert King) and insert Tracy (instead of Elektra) into SPECTRE's organisation. Bond will then follow Tracy to Azerbaijan, serving as her protection. Things go badly when Raoul Silva (instead of Renard) recognises Bond, but SPECTRE's plan to stage a nuclear accident in Istanbul to gain control over the one remaining pipeline out of the Caspian Sea is uncovered. Blofeld is killed in the climax, and Bond saves Istanbul.

Part 6 - Skyfall

The SKYFALL chapter starts where The World Is Not Enough ends, with Bond attempting to capture Raoul Silva, the de facto head of SPECTRE now that Blofeld is dead.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:18 am

The "Get in the Game" contest is now open, allowing one fan the chance to have their likeness added to the game.

Unfortauntely - and stupidly - it's only open to American residents.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozgZvg3cggE

'Super trailer' which is the Skyfall teaser followed by the first trailer for 007:Legends, featuring ... Moonraker, no less.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:06 pm

I haven't played any of them, but with the latest batch of Bond games, I get the feeling that they're now putting these together just to piggy-back the films. This looks sloppy and repetitive.

Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:34 pm

That did look boring. I noticed they didn't show us Bond's face. Half the fun of playing MR would be playing as Roger Moore...
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 3:08 am

I imagine they won't show Bond's face during those missions (conveniently avoiding the awkwardness of "updating" the films with Craig's visage even though they are keeping the faces of the original cast members).

Looks pretty lame, though.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:03 am

Seems like you just blow shit up while space shuttles fly around you.

Really clever.
Back to top Go down
00Beast
Cipher Clerk
00Beast

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:43 am

The Moonraker mission looks very exciting if I do say so myself! I can't wait to battle against Hugo Drax and his men in the humongous missile silo and space station. Even though MR isn't a favorite of mine, I do agree with the makers of the game for choosing it for 007 Legends, since it is so chock-full of terrific action sequences.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:44 am

Mr. Brown wrote:

Really clever.

Exactly. Bond isn't John Rambo.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 5:58 am

TBH, I just want to walk around the different sets. Pity it was MR though. The likeness looks incredible, but Holly isn't the best Bond girl to celebrate Bond girls with, neither is MR.

Should be:

DN
OHMSS
FYEO/OP
TLD
TND/TWINE
SF
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:34 am

Sharky wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:

Really clever.

Exactly. Bond isn't John Rambo.

I don't think we'll ever see much else in a Bond game.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: 007 Legends: On Her Majesty's Secret Service will be mission 2   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:25 pm

As you might know, this year Activision will release a videogame which will feature six Bond movies, including Skyfall. The first mission has been revealed last month, it'll be Moonraker, the second one was revealed yesterday: George Lazenby's On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

It has been speculated that there will be one mission per actor, but Activision never confirmed this.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Walecs wrote:
As you might know, this year Activision will release a videogame which will feature six Bond movies, including Skyfall. The first mission has been revealed last month, it'll be Moonraker, the second one was revealed yesterday: George Lazenby's On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

It has been speculated that there will be one mission per actor, but Activision never confirmed this.

Thank you for bringing this up. I had forgotten about the game.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/25876/007-Legends-Second-Mission-is-On-Her-Majestys-Secret-Service/

The Moonraker trailer for the game looks great. On that basis alone I may have to go out and buy the game as soon as it hits shelves.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 11:12 pm

Remember that this will be Dan Craig skiing in the 2010s. Therefore no Lazenby, and by extension I'm guessing no Barry either.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 11:46 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Remember that this will be Dan Craig skiing in the 2010s. Therefore no Lazenby, and by extension I'm guessing no Barry either.

So Craig is subbing for Moore in Moonraker and Lazenby in OHMSS? That the "legends" in the title refers only to parts of previous movies?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:

So Craig is subbing for Moore in Moonraker and Lazenby in OHMSS? That the "legends" in the title refers only to parts of previous movies?

Yep. Damn depressing. 🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

007: Legends - New Bond video game?
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next