More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Monsters University (Pixar Animation) 2013

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

Monsters University (Pixar Animation) 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Monsters University (Pixar Animation) 2013   Monsters University (Pixar Animation) 2013 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:29 pm

No Boo?

We waited 12 years for a sequel and instead they come up with a prequel with no Boo?

:roll:

I've a feeling this is going to sucks!!

:twisted:

Mike Wazowski and James P. Sullivan are an inseparable pair, but that wasn't always the case. From the moment these two mismatched monsters met they couldn't stand each other. "Monsters University" unlocks the door to how Mike and Sulley overcame their differences and became the best of friends.

Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Monsters University (Pixar Animation) 2013   Monsters University (Pixar Animation) 2013 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:51 pm

I'm not sold on it either, but It wouldn't make any sense to have Boo in a prequel.

I do think Boo was the only aspect of the first one to give it any emotional resonance, though. Still, I'm cautiously optimistic about this. Pixar is skating on thin ice of late.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Monsters University (Pixar Animation) 2013   Monsters University (Pixar Animation) 2013 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Boo was the reason the first one was great!

They could had made a sequel and kept Boo at the same age.

Some people said a sequel would not have worked because after 12 years, Boo will be a teenager.

Where does it say that the sequel had to be set 12 years later?

It could had been set 1 year after the original and Boo will still be a toddler.

Remember the ending of the first one where Sulley gets reunited with Boo at the end, 1 month after the events of the movie?

They could had picked it up from there with a sequel instead of a prequel!!
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Monsters University (Pixar Animation) 2013   Monsters University (Pixar Animation) 2013 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Looks almost as bad as BRAVE.

But at least BRAVE looks great on an artistic level.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Monsters University (Pixar Animation) 2013   Monsters University (Pixar Animation) 2013 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Pixar losing it.

The last great Pixar film was Ratatouille.

Cars 2 was blah!

The Brave trailer did not make me want to run to the theater.

Wall-E and Up were so and so.

Toy Story 3 I didn't even watch in Theaters; saw it on DVD and was not impressed.

Now this!

I think they are cranking them out too fast and sacrificing quality for quantity.

Furthermore, Ratatouille came out in 2007 which was right after Disney bought out Pixar.

So Disney is screwing up Pixar's quality!
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Monsters University (Pixar Animation) 2013   Monsters University (Pixar Animation) 2013 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:06 pm

j7wild wrote:
Wall-E and Up were so and so.

Toy Story 3 I didn't even watch in Theaters; saw it on DVD and was not impressed.

Now this!
Sorry, j7, but the stretch of films between Ratatouille and Toy Story 3 is regarded by many as Pixar's best. I really love WALL-E, Up and Toy Story 3.

Quote :
I think they are cranking them out too fast and sacrificing quality for quantity.
Pixar has been releasing one film a year for a while now, so I don't think that's the problem.

I honestly don't know what the problem is. Cars 2 was doomed because the first Cars wasn't particularly great. Can't say anything about Brave because I haven't seen it yet. I'm a bit skeptical about Monsters University because it strips away the one really good thing about the first.

I would blame it on the fact that the studio is shepherding new talent in, but John Lasseter directed Cars 2.

Pixar does, however, have some interesting projects lined up, one of which supposedly explores the workings of the brain or something.

Quote :
Furthermore, Ratatouille came out in 2007 which was right after Disney bought out Pixar.

So Disney is screwing up Pixar's quality!
Disney and Pixar had a relationship essentially from the beginning. Pixar has maintained Disney has basically no say in the creative process. (Though take that for what it's worth, but I don't have any reason to believe it's not the case, apart from the existence of Cars 2.)

If I understand/recall correctly, all the deal meant is that Disney handles Pixar's publicity, marketing and distribution. Not sure if it gives Pixar its budget for its projects (I seem to recall Pixar is, or at least was, self-funded), but other than that, that's it. It probably also pulled John Lasseter away from Pixar a bit more with his new role at the company, though based on the Cars franchise, that's probably not a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monsters University (Pixar Animation) 2013   Monsters University (Pixar Animation) 2013 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monsters University (Pixar Animation) 2013
Page 1 of 1