More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII

Go down 
+20
bondfan06
dr. strangelove
Drax
saint mark
Salomé
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Lazenby.
CJB
Tubes
Prisoner Monkeys
GeneralGogol
j7wild
The White Tuxedo
Gravity's Silhouette
Largo's Shark
Control
Makeshift Python
Hilly
Jack Wade
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:33 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I'm expecting Star Wars by way of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

George tried that himslef with the prequels.

Now let somebody else do it who at least managed to rejuvenate two franchises (ST & MI) and did give us some great tv shows.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:46 am

saint mark wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

George tried that himslef with the prequels.

Now let somebody else do it who at least managed to rejuvenate two franchises (ST & MI) and did give us some great tv shows.

Not sure how the Prequels are like the Pirates movies. laugh

As for the second part, I thought his MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE movie was awful, too. laugh Generally unwatchable.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:56 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:

Yep. Dumb as fuck. Big money.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:22 pm

Eh. Star Wars doesn't really need to not be dumb. It's not really hard sci-fi anyway.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:24 am

JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 130131052330569992
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:20 am

laugh
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:08 pm

"hey Alias was a cool show ... for idiot losers"

laugh
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 6:18 pm

The Terrible Truth 'Star Wars' Fans Can't Admit:
http://www.cracked.com/video_18388_the-terrible-truth-star-wars-fans-cant-admit.html
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:28 am

Jack Wade wrote:
Eh. Star Wars doesn't really need to not be dumb. It's not really hard sci-fi anyway.

I don't want dumb Star Wars. I actually wouldn't call the the Prequels "dumb". "Bad", yes, and "mishandled" but not actually "dumb". Trek '09? That's pure dumb. It simply had the energy that the Prequels needed. It was the movie equivalent of this classic gif:

JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 92211_o

I hope we get a fun, swashbuckling epic, or at least I hope it's good as it can be. At least it doesn't have the horrible screenwriters from Abrams' other movies.

Control wrote:
The Terrible Truth 'Star Wars' Fans Can't Admit:
http://www.cracked.com/video_18388_the-terrible-truth-star-wars-fans-cant-admit.html

I don't much mind the Ewoks or other aliens. People need a sense of humor or something.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:32 am

I hope it's like what CAPTAIN AMERICA was for the superhero genre.

Fun, decent plot, and not trying to be anything but an action/adventure flick.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:46 am

Control wrote:
I hope it's like what CAPTAIN AMERICA was for the superhero genre.

Fun, decent plot, and not trying to be anything but an action/adventure flick.

Even though I thought that movie was partly done in by being a slave to THE AVENGERS, I like a lot about it.

I think Sharky hates him, but a Joe Johnston Star Wars movie would be more promising to me than an Abrams one. Seeing as Johnston is basically Spielberg Lite. Not as talented, but he can put out a sturdy adventure film and has the right sensibilites. And worked on the originals too.

Ideally I would love to see a Spielberg Star Wars movie. Johnston can replicate some of his form and spirit, but Spielberg could deliver on the level of magic that Wars is sorely lacking in the Prequels.
Back to top Go down
Drax
'R'
'R'
Drax

Location : Slicing my enemies limb from limb into quivering bloody sushi.

PostSubject: jhjhjhjhbbbj   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:16 am

Lucas already ruined Star Wars with those God awful prequels. And Abram's Star Trek is the best thing to come out of the franchise imho. It's going to be weird seeing a Star Wars movie not scored by John Williams though.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:58 am

Apparently this is old news. http://screenrant.com/star-wars-episode-7-release-date-2015-2016-cast/

So, Williams is keen to return. That's good. He is 81, however. So, fingers crossed he lives to 100.

The new trilogy may have a female protagonist and it may be Chloe Grace Moretz. Fine by me. I think a female protagonist is probably a good move, and Moretz is hot. ....Oh, she's only 16? Oops.

I figure the only way for Star Wars to go is up anyway. It sounds like they may have a decent script, unlike Abrams' 2009 foray into space adventure. If he can decaffeinate his shooting style a little, maybe invest in a tripod, we could get a fun movie. I do like Trek'09's jovial spirit. Paired with a script that ain't shyte, and a more restrained filmmaking style, we could get a good Star Wars movie. I think.

Still wish it were someone like Joe Johnston. But this keeps Abrams away from Trek, so I'll roll with it. It surely can't be worse than the Prequels.

Right?

Right?

JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 Star_w10

I think Han just committed a shart in that pic.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:27 am

Sure as hell hope Williams comes back. If he's keen he should find ways of locking Giacchino away.

Diplomatic bag and all that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:05 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:

The new trilogy may have a female protagonist and it may be Chloe Grace Moretz. Fine by me. I think a female protagonist is probably a good move, and Moretz is hot. ....Oh, she's only 16? Oops.

Bad idea. The original trilogy had no teenagers and it was a great set of films. The prequel trilogy had a 9 year old, a wooden 15 year old (Natalie Portman) and then later a petulant 18 year old brat (Hayden C). The last thing this series needs is be led by a teenager.

And Moretz herself is kind of a brat, so the hiring would not work for me. The film series needs adults. Needs to quit being dumbed down for little kids.

And women really should not handle light sabers anyway. It’s why we have "safe zones", it’s why we have the whistles. It's why women should be married and let their husband protect them. Because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be wielding that light saber at at. A woman may think she's about to be raped, or she thinks she's being stalked, and then she pulls out the light saber and strikes a man down and then it turns out he was a eunuch who was simply going to Trader Joe's to pick up some hemorrhoid cream.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:46 am

laugh

I just really don't give a rat's ass what they do with Ep7. I'm glad they're making it, though. Makes the world of upcoming blockbusters a lot more interesting, regardless of how the films turn out. And frankly I'm optimistic that we may get some watchable swashbucklers as long as they don't try to do too much and shove too much shit into them as in the PIRATES sequels.

But I will say that I support a female lead. Just feels right. And I think Moretz is probably a good fit. Sue me. laugh She'd be a couple years older by the time they film anyway.

I wouldn't mind a situation like in the books where one of Han and Leia's son goes to the Dark Side. I haven't read the books, but I'm aware of the story. Having two main young characters, one is Moretz as Luke's daughter (needs to be a Skywalker), and the other her male cousin (a Solo).
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:40 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
And women really should not handle light sabers anyway. It’s why we have "safe zones", it’s why we have the whistles. It's why women should be married and let their husband protect them. Because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be wielding that light saber at at. A woman may think she's about to be raped, or she thinks she's being stalked, and then she pulls out the light saber and strikes a man down and then it turns out he was a eunuch who was simply going to Trader Joe's to pick up some hemorrhoid cream.

So, women should "know their place"? laugh Sorry pal, this isn't the 20th century anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:54 am

Python wrote:

So, women should "know their place"? laugh Sorry pal, this isn't the 20th century anymore.

Yes, but Star Wars is set "a long time ago", when women knew their place.

JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 Jon-ha10
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:07 am

JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 Emissary108
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:12 am

laugh
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 11:16 pm

Great. First Abrams, now a teenage girl as the lead.

JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 Coronation-Street-wk12-2011-Kevin-Webster-lottery-win-431x300-9

The drinks are on him. :evil:
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 11:21 pm

Lazenby. wrote:

I wonder if her light saber will be pink.

If you thought Hayden Christiansen's Anakin was a petulant brat, wait till this female Jedi gets her first period.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 11:24 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
laugh

I just really don't give a rat's ass what they do with Ep7. I'm glad they're making it, though. Makes the world of upcoming blockbusters a lot more interesting, regardless of how the films turn out. And frankly I'm optimistic that we may get some watchable swashbucklers as long as they don't try to do too much and shove too much shit into them as in the PIRATES sequels.

But I will say that I support a female lead. Just feels right. And I think Moretz is probably a good fit. Sue me. laugh She'd be a couple years older by the time they film anyway.

I wouldn't mind a situation like in the books where one of Han and Leia's son goes to the Dark Side. I haven't read the books, but I'm aware of the story. Having two main young characters, one is Moretz as Luke's daughter (needs to be a Skywalker), and the other her male cousin (a Solo).

oddly, I agree with much of this.

JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 Star-Wars-Darth-Sidious-and-Darth-Vader-001
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 11:28 pm

Lazenby. wrote:

JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 Coronation-Street-wk12-2011-Kevin-Webster-lottery-win-431x300-9

The drinks are on him. :evil:

laugh

Bless you Lazzers, you sick bastard.
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:39 pm

Lucas has confirmed that the trio of Ford/Hamill/Fisher will be returning.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/star-wars-stars-reuniting-sequel-lucas-lets-slip-172815308.html

Still not sure about the direction they're taking this. I'm all for new Star Wars movies, (seeing how this is a chance to revive the series after George destroyed it with that abortion of a trilogy in the form of the prequels), but if all they plan on doing is rehashing the same characters and stories, then I think this will ultimately be a wasted opportunity. The Star Wars universe is so vast, they'd be doing themselves a disservice by confining themselves from the get go. The Luke/Leia/Solo story arc is over. I say leave it that way.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII   JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next