More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25

Go down 
+21
CJB
Seve
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Vesper
Xenia93
lachesis
Stamper
Yellow Pinky
Strangways&Quarrel
Santa
Hilly
Jack Wade
Lazenby.
dr. strangelove
bitchcraft
Control
AMC Hornet
Prisoner Monkeys
Gravity's Silhouette
Largo's Shark
Walecs
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

How would you rate "Writing's on the Wall"?
5 - Loved It
Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 Vote_lcap12%Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
4 - Really Liked It
Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 Vote_lcap0%Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3 - Liked It
Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 Vote_lcap6%Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
2 - Didn't Like It
Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 Vote_lcap65%Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 Vote_rcap
 65% [ 11 ]
1 - Hated It
Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 Vote_lcap17%Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 Empty
PostSubject: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 8:13 am

As posted on 007.com. Is called 'Writing's On The Wall'.

Damn.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 8:51 am

Looks like Goulding and Radiohead were truly red herrings.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 9:34 am

"It's the quickest I've ever written a song — it took 20 minutes... and they loved it!"
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 9:37 am

Lame.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 12:25 pm

Wonderful news. Obvious choice but the best man for the job. Guess I'm in the minority here but I'm sure it will be great.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 12:49 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 2:10 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
Looks like Goulding and Radiohead were truly red herrings.

Sam Smith lied.

I mean, I'm glad Goulding's not doing it, but Smith is not much of an improvement.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 2:26 pm

Terrible choice. I haven't decided if Smith sounds like he stumbled out of the pub and into a recording studio by mistake, or if he's recovering from a recent head injury. I suppose I could say both, but that's just punitive.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 3:28 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 4:36 pm

Rather than judge Smith on his existing work, I'll save my judgement until after I hear Writing's on the Wall on Nov 6.

I gave White & Keyes that consideration before I started hating them.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 11:14 pm

Written in 20 minutes. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I'm more interested in hearing Newman's score.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 11:40 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 11:48 pm

Δ

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 12:24 am

Don't see why he had to lie and fudge about it.

Nor do I like anything he's recorded to date.

sarcasm
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 4:01 am

"... along with the rest of him."
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 7:31 am

bitchcraft wrote:
Don't see why he had to lie and fudge about it.

Nor do I like anything he's recorded to date.

sarcasm

Agreed on all points. He's such a poor choice for singer that I'm almost tempted to believe I'm going to love what he's done. We'll see.

Am I mis-remembering the December press tour..?? Didn't Sam Mendes state at the time (or someone else) that they knew who the singer was going to be? If so, how could they know but not the singer? Is it possible EON had someone else in mind and that person fell through, so Smith got the call?

There seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding this song, none the least of which EON contributed towards. If they instructed him in any way to be deceitful to the fans and to the press, then I just have to wonder whether it was worth it? Because he was "hotly tipped" to be the singer for over a year now, and whatever subterfuge EON thought they were engaging in ultimately turned out to be pointless, as the announcement of Smith as the singer was a total non-surprise.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 8:51 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 5:05 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
In an age of miserable post-Internet fucks who prefer to know everything about a film before they've even seen it,  Eon is to be congratulated. Mystery and surprise is a good thing.
thumbs up wink
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 2:04 am

Looks like EON took a page out of the JJ Abrams School of Deception for this one. It seemed pretty certain that Ellie Goulding was going to be it (especially recently), so perhaps they both wrote songs and EON chose the better of the two? And I don't think coming-up with the song in twenty minutes is any indication of the quality of the tune. It's a pop song, after all...not exactly rocket science for these guys.

Anyway, I don't find Sam Smith's music to be all that bad (I think "Lay Me Down" is actually one of the better songs getting regular airplay right now). I just find his whiny, falsetto voice to be kind of goofy and self-indulgent at times. Jimmy Napes has written some pretty decent pop tunes, as well, so this may not end up being as bad as many are expecting.

I'll wait until I hear it on September 25th before I judge.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 7:37 am

dr. strangelove wrote:
Looks like EON took a page out of the JJ Abrams School of Deception for this one.
All the more impressive given that the tabloids circle this one like sharks. Title performers and Bond girls are their favourite subjects. The fact that they managed to keep it from anyone - particularly since Smith reckons he wrote it in January - is astonishing.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 4:36 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
dr. strangelove wrote:
Looks like EON took a page out of the JJ Abrams School of Deception for this one.
All the more impressive given that the tabloids circle this one like sharks. Title performers and Bond girls are their favourite subjects. The fact that they managed to keep it from anyone - particularly since Smith reckons he wrote it in January - is astonishing.

Yeah, but they didn't. Misdirection would have been if nobody had a clue that Smith was doing the song, and the whole world was genuinely surprised. Misdirection would have been if everybody was thinking it was going to be Ellie Goulding, and it turned out to be Christy Lane. Smith and Goulding had to lie in order to "surprise" us; she went out and waged a social media campaign to make it look like she was recording the song, and he just flat out lied to the press on multiple occasions.

If I had any of his songs on vinyl or 8-track I'd burn them in effigy.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 4:41 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
dr. strangelove wrote:

Yeah, but they didn't. Misdirection would have been if nobody had a clue that Smith was doing the song, and the whole world was genuinely surprised. Misdirection would have been if everybody was thinking it was going to be Ellie Goulding, and it turned out to be Christy Lane. Smith and Goulding had to lie in order to "surprise" us; she went out and waged a social media campaign to make it look like she was recording the song, and he just flat out lied to the press on multiple occasions.

If I had any of his songs on vinyl or 8-track I'd burn them in effigy.

Exactly. Nobody was 100% sure that Sam Smith would do it, but his name surfaced last november, and we knew it was either he, Ellie Goulding or Radiohead.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
In an age of miserable post-Internet fucks who prefer to know everything about a film before they've even seen it,  Eon is to be congratulated. Mystery and surprise is a good thing.

Like passionately making out with a hot number, taking her home, getting a hot slurpy bj, removing her panties to return the favour, and seeing her cock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next