More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25

Go down 
+21
CJB
Seve
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Vesper
Xenia93
lachesis
Stamper
Yellow Pinky
Strangways&Quarrel
Santa
Hilly
Jack Wade
Lazenby.
dr. strangelove
bitchcraft
Control
AMC Hornet
Prisoner Monkeys
Gravity's Silhouette
Largo's Shark
Walecs
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

How would you rate "Writing's on the Wall"?
5 - Loved It
Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 Vote_lcap12%Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
4 - Really Liked It
Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 Vote_lcap0%Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3 - Liked It
Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 Vote_lcap6%Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
2 - Didn't Like It
Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 Vote_lcap65%Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 65% [ 11 ]
1 - Hated It
Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 Vote_lcap17%Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 11:44 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
"24" intrigues me, which is more than what Smith's did. Just add that to the list of rejected titles better than the ones EON approved.

Aside from No Good About Goodbye and 24, what are the other ones?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 12:07 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:
"24" intrigues me, which is more than what Smith's did. Just add that to the list of rejected titles better than the ones EON approved.

Aside from No Good About Goodbye and 24, what are the other ones?

"No Good About Goodbye" was never finished, so it wasn't necessarily rejected.

There's tons of submitted music by artists spanning the 53 years of Bond. I'm sure there's a thread dedicated to all those songs, I'll have to bump that.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 12:28 am

Even Lana's "my pussy tastes like pepsi cola" would be better than Sam Smith's mangina outpouring.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 12:41 pm

Even though Smith's track is growing on me, I can't wait for someone to marry '24' with Kleinman's title sequence.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:46 am

What's the story behind Jane Zhang's version? Is this Eon approved for China?

Fairly faithful apart from the drum machine then the arrangement gets more interesting towards the end. Not brilliant, but it doesn't make me want to punch someone either.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:58 am

Erica Ambler wrote:

Fairly faithful apart from the drum machine then the arrangement gets more interesting towards the end. Not brilliant, but it doesn't make me want to punch someone either.

Wow, much more tolerable than Sam Smith's version. Manlier too.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 3:00 am

So much better! Good find, Ambler. The Chinese are lucky if they get that instead of Smith's theme.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 3:34 am

What a world of difference when you have someone with the right pipes have a crack on this song.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 4:52 am

Lazenby. wrote:
One can easily imagine Brosnan stroking Electra's screen image and doing painfaces in the music video as Smith wails away in self-pity, and one can imagine with equal ease Electra unconvincingly spouting "I could have given you the writing", to which Brosnan would reply in painfaced, exaggerated anguish and full volume "THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL!!!"

Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 Lol12

The more I think about it, the more I reckon they should've just used an instrumental piece (not necessarily WOTW, though it's passable without Sam Screech). Fuck, they could've used the OHMSS Theme redux from the trailer and I would've been happy.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 5:23 am

Erica Ambler wrote:

Will it be released as The Writing's On The Great Wall?

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 5:01 pm

Heavy metal cover.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 5:38 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 9:53 pm

Pretty terrible. Sounds like a Scandinavian Eurovision entry (could probably win it though).
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 11:18 pm

And it doesn't work with a male vocalist screeching "How do I live, how do I breath…"
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 12:43 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:
Heavy metal cover.

A perfect illustration of why guitarists are morons. Any real musician understands that instruments have a relative level in a mix. Axemen just turn their Strat up to 11. Result: unlistenable.

Shut up...I'm getting laid to this tonight drool
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 1:17 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 2:03 pm

There are a couple of female covers out there on youtube, and like the Zhang version, it's much better with a female vocalist.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 12:54 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
bitchcraft wrote:
Shut up...I'm getting laid to this tonight drool

Eight and a half INCHES long. I suppose it could be worse.

thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 12:59 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 3:26 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Ouch. That's one sore rectum.

Well it's all a matter of perspective.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Sofia Kalberg's cover is probably the best one.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 2:52 am

Vesper wrote:
Quote :
And as I noted last Friday, this is the first Bond song I can recall in ages that doesn’t include the title of the movie. It sounds like the theme song for a movie called “Writing’s on the Wall.” Didn’t Smith like the word Spectre?

Not defending the song... but it's one song removed from Another Way to Die and two from You Know My Name. Sloppy journalism.

I went to a Chris Cornell concert last night and he played "You Know My Name" which remains my favourite theme of the Craig-Bond era

Chris (I feel like I can call him Chris, as his banter with the audience makes you feel like he's a friend visiting in your living room, having an anecdotal conversation and playing a few songs) said that he wanted to do something that Paul McCartney had done, so as he couldn't become a Beatle or see himself marrying a crazy one legged ex-prostitute he decided to write a Bond theme...

He also did a pretty awesome version of "A Day In The Life" with the help of his cellist Brian
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 2:53 am

And Writing's On The Wall just won the Golden Globe for best song….

And Smith just said he 'genuinely didn't think' he'd get it. Maybe because it's not that good? And he thanked Babs and not MGW… We know who wears the pants…

Best thing about SPECTRE winning is that Katy Perry presented the award, complete with her Bond-girl-worthy healthy chest.

Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 Katy-Perry-Golden-Globes-2016
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 8:22 am

A pair of jugs worth cumming on til your testes are nought but dust.

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 8:00 pm

CJB wrote:
A pair of jugs worth cumming on til your testes are nought but dust.

Beautifully put, sir. Beautifully put laugh .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25   Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25 - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sam Smith - "Writing's on the Wall" - To be released on September 25
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next