More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

British Politics thread

Go down 
+24
Santa
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
SarahN
Staugust
lachesis
Hilly
Campbell4
Salomé
CJB
bitchcraft
Prisoner Monkeys
j7wild
Gravity's Silhouette
saint mark
Control
tiffanywint
G section
jet set willy
Vesper
retrokitty
HJackson
Ravenstone
Blunt Instrument
Largo's Shark
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

British Politics thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:33 pm

SarahN wrote:
April fools anybody?

That was my first thought, until I checked that it was indeed published on 31 March.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:42 pm

And it's Ed Miliband.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:50 pm

h

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 11:16 pm

Time to start packing. Reckon I'll rock up in the Falklands first. I just brought this Porsche off Ebay
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:26 am

Not sure if a female James Bond is very high on the list of any feminist worth a dime. It's the kind of tokenism that achieves very little, if anything at all.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 10:22 am

h

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 12:15 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
Not sure if a female James Bond is very high on the list of any feminist worth a dime.

Are you suggesting not all women have intrinsic value, Oppers? I'm disappointed in you, sister - see me after school and check your privilege. Meanwhile, back at the coalface...

The modern day feminist movement is an infighting shambles more preoccupied by notions like TERFs and SWERFs than anything remotely feminist.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 12:34 pm

j

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 10:04 pm

Quote :
Nicola Sturgeon, the SNP leader, has privately said that she would "rather see" David Cameron win the general election because Ed Miliband is not “prime minister material”, a leaked memorandum seen by The Daily Telegraph has revealed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/SNP/11514933/Nicola-Sturgeon-secretly-backs-David-Cameron.html

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 1:13 am

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:14 am

It's since gotten quite odd. Sturgeon denies ever having made the comment.

So who is lying: Sturgeon, the Telegraph or the French ambassador.
Back to top Go down
Staugust
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Staugust

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 5:27 pm

Sturgeon obviously. She makes a career out of lying.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 10:04 am

Perhaps it's just a silly little hang-up of mine, but I prefer my leaders not to have sung Hitlerjugend songs, at any point in their lives.

http://www.channel4.com/news/nigel-farage-ukip-letter-school-concerns-racism-fascism
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 10:36 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 3:32 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
Perhaps it's just a silly little hang-up of mine, but I prefer my leaders not to have sung Hitlerjugend songs, at any point in their lives.

http://www.channel4.com/news/nigel-farage-ukip-letter-school-concerns-racism-fascism

Would you prefer that he dressed up as a Nazi like Labour's Ed Balls when he was at university?

British Politics thread - Page 12 Ed_bal10

When Michael Crick reported this story back in 2013, he wrote:

Quote :
Terry Walsh, who was then deputy master at Dulwich (ie. deputy head), says Farage was well known for provoking people, especially left-wing English teachers who had no sense of humour.
The former master of Dulwich David Emms, the man who appointed Farage and received Chloe Deakin's letter, says he has no memory of the meeting or the letter. But he agrees with his former deputy: "It was naughtiness, not racism," Emms told me on Wednesday.

Not going to defend Farage, but certainly won't condone a carefully timed smear relating to what someone may or may not have done when they were a schoolboy. I was pretty keen on provoking leftwing feminist cunts myself back then. And I was living with one. wink

Not sure why you would assume that I would not condemn Ed Balls behavior in equal measure.

Anyone who coquettes with the imagery and totems of Nazism like that deserves contempt.

I also question the moral fiber of any institution which would label the singing of Hitlerjugend songs as mere "naughtiness".
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 4:17 pm

j

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 4:51 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:

Gotta love it when continental Europeans lecture Brits on the evils of fascism.

Yes, because that is what I was doing. What does that even have to do with the current discussion? I'm not allowed to discuss fascism? If so, I'd like a list of other topics that are off-limits for me, just so I do not make the same mistake again.

If your point was that Britain was immune to the slimy lure of German-style fascism, you will have to try and sell that story to a slightly more ignorant individual.

British Politics thread - Page 12 Ralph-miliband

As for the Father Ted bit, if you want to consider that a perfect equivalent for singing Hitlerjugend songs, then that's your perogative.
To me there is a rather substantial difference between a comedy show having a Hitler bit and British students singing fascist paramilitary songs.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:13 pm

j

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:13 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:24 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Give it a rest, Sabine. I know you have this bizarre idea that women are incapable of lying, but there's no evidence whatsoever that Farage ever sang such songs; they're not exactly on the school music curriculum.

As for the ex-Labour Oswald Mosley and his BUF, are you even aware that not a single one was ever elected as an MP? That's some threat that is.

When exactly did I claim as much? Beyond that, what does it even have to do with this incident?

Their ideas were apparently salonfähig enough for a major newspaper to run an editorial piece rhapsodizing about the ideology.

As for your other point, why then is the Battle of Cable Street deemed a watershed moment in your country's history?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:29 pm

h

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:59 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
And the BUF was founded by leading members of the British suffragette movement so I would've thought you'd see it as a significant step forward in the empowerment of women.

What exactly would give you the idea of me being in favor of any kind of fascism?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 6:04 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 6:06 pm

Salomé wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:
And the BUF was founded by leading members of the British suffragette movement so I would've thought you'd see it as a significant step forward in the empowerment of women.

What exactly would give you the idea of me being in favor of any kind of fascism?

Lovely conversation. You ask hat would give the little diva the idea you'd support fascism? Obvious enough, he said it himself. Carefully timed smear. Ain't it, Nigel? Or would you rather I call you something else, cunt perhaps? I'm willing to do that if it makes you happy you know.

Just let me add before you pull your diva act again,Nige or Erica or whatever, that I like,it here very much. Love it, I'll spend lots of time here! jump drool

Last edited by Campbell4 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 6:09 pm

By the by, when did we stop discussing this f***ing Mosley-in-clubland-drag singing the songs of his racist brothers-in-mind? Shouldn't divert attention from that so soon, Nigel old egg....

Course it's 'lecturing' to express a mild feeling of alarm that a figure threatening to dictate the politics of a democratic nation with utter jingoist BS should be in cahoots with all kinds of shady folk, of course, never mind what's on that guy's agenda. And what would Salomé being from the continent have to do with it? I gotta say, not just do I agree with her, I feel sick-to-vomit that the usual UKIP drone tries to wash his fuehrer clean, that's what.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

British Politics thread
Page 12 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next