More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

No Time to Die (2020)

Go down 
+24
T.A. Ferguson
BamesJond
Fort Knox
marketto007
Stamper
xJoker
OO7
Makeshift Python
CJB
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Strangways&Quarrel
Napoleon Solo
bitchcraft
Thevan7F
Blunt Instrument
Salomé
hegottheboot
Hilly
Moore
Walecs
Mr.Wint
Perilagu Khan
G section
Gravity's Silhouette
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 12:49 pm

That's jocular-ish banter? Gone are the days of Tom Mankiewicz and Bruce Feirstein.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 1:22 pm

Yes they are. Well spotted.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 9:07 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
The supposed dialogue merely sounds like a bit of jocular-ish banter between Bond and Madeline, but the Mail have framed it in such a way to get their traditionally-minded readership frothing at the mouth. Classic clickbait trick.

Doesn't matter what she's called, anyway ... we all know she's doomed.  

I don't think so. I think she lives and is tucked away while he goes off to save the world one more time. There will be no other Bond Girl. Ana De Aramis will get the Solange/Strawberry Fields/Severine treatment: five minutes of on-screen time and then murdered off. Lynch will not be a Bond Girl in any of the traditional senses.

Bond comes back to Swann in the end. Which will make the preceding two-hours a headscratcher and leaving fans and moviegoers wondering exactly why this film was made.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 11:18 am

A brief amount of screentime might explain the lack of Ana in any of the production pics and clips that have emerged, right enough.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 9:13 pm

I think she only got on the film because Craig is friends with her after working on KNIVES OUT, so a small part might have been the best she could get.

I don't think she'll die though. They already worn that trope out and let Lucia live in SP. de Armis will have her brief moment in Cuba, then the film will move forward.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Well this is a bit worrying. Now that the new Terminator film has tanked and is being ripped apart by the anti-woke crowd (and rightly so), they are now beginning to turn their attention to  the next film that will face a similar fate, No Time To Die. Lynch becoming 007 has pissed off many and saying things like the women wear the pants in this movie does not fucking help at all.

I hope Bond land is very aware of this.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 11:33 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
Well this is a bit worrying. Now that the new Terminator film has tanked and is being ripped apart by the anti-woke crowd (and rightly so), they are now beginning to turn their attention to  the next film that will face a similar fate, No Time To Die. Lynch becoming 007 has pissed off many and saying things like the women wear the pants in this movie does not fucking help at all.

If Boobs Broccoli hasn't worked out the correlation between woke and broke by now there's truly no hope. Truth is, she's on an irrepressible ideological mission and may as well be in the cockpit of a Zero hurtling towards a battleship.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 8:53 am

CJB wrote:
bitchcraft wrote:

If Boobs Broccoli hasn't worked out the correlation between woke and broke by now there's truly no hope. Truth is, she's on an irrepressible ideological mission and may as well be in the cockpit of a Zero hurtling towards a battleship.

It seems like all these producers know, they have to know but don't seem to care. The plan seems to be make a really horrible movie, destroy a franchise and move on to the next as if money and the box office doesn't matter to them and maybe it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 8:57 am

if you take out all the SJW aspects of these movies coming out lately it wouldn't really help much as the movies themselves are dreadful in all ways

it does all seem on purpose too

I mean if anyone sat down with the goal of deliberately making a movie as bad as the last Terminator or Star Wars I don't think they would be as successful at it compared to what the studios actually did turn out
it's impressive in a way
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 11:04 am

de Armas' comments about Lynch's character being the main female lead in the film, as well as discussion points about Nomi worrying about her weight (part of her character's backstory) feels very much like all the leaked information surrounding Oberhauser being Blofeld. That being, it's not looking good.

Who the hell wants to watch a Bond film where the main Bond girl is worried about her weight? laugh
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 3:00 pm

bitchcraft wrote:

Have to say, I'm openly rooting against NTTD. I'm hoping it fails miserably at the box office. The only thing that I can think that could possibly save the series at this point is that Tits McBroccoli burns down the house to such a degree that she's forced to sell to someone who truly cares about the series moving forward. The damage she and Loverboy Craig have done is done. No going back and fixing that. But there's still hope that someone out there in a position of power in Hollywood may have enough clout to buy the series and return it to its glory days of Pussy Galores and Xenia Onatopps.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 4:57 pm

bitchcraft wrote:

Well, they've lost my money on this film. I usually watch a new Bond film three or four times in the cinema, and I'm boycotting this one. Hopefully, many others follow suit.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Sarai wrote:
CJB wrote:
bitchcraft wrote:

It seems like all these producers know, they have to know but don't seem to care. The plan seems to be make a really horrible movie, destroy a franchise and move on to the next as if money and the box office doesn't matter to them and maybe it doesn't.

These people often put ideology before profit. It's one of the strengths of the Left, but it's bad for everybody else, and it's catastrophic for culture.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 9:49 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
bitchcraft wrote:

Well, they've lost my money on this film. I usually watch a new Bond film three or four times in the cinema, and I'm boycotting this one. Hopefully, many others follow suit.

There is nothing more I love than a good boycott.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 9:51 pm

"It's one of the strengths of the Left, but it's bad for everybody else, and it's catastrophic for culture."

It could turn out to be one of the best things for culture if it causes people to tune out Hollywood and cut the cord.

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 9:57 pm

True. But it seems most people are too stupid and/or apathetic to make a stand.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 10:42 pm

I'm not all that optimistic it will actually happen. There is the brainwash aspect of it all too and media is the new religion that indoctrinates most since youth. Religion has always been the problem but most people fail to recognize just what religion really is and that they are part of it.  God is in the TV...plop the child in front of it and you have them for life.

lose the world series and people lose their minds, tears, anger, the emotions are insane
The MIC kills a few more 100,000 in the ME and..meh...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 11:23 pm

I'm also tempted not to go, but curiosity will get the better of me, and then I'll have grounds to say 'I told you so!'

That said, it's all so very ironic this discussion is taking place when this whole situation is firmly rooted in the much lauded CR06.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 11:36 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:

I'm waiting on the trailers, if Bond seems to be a secondary character in this film, that would be the deal-breaker for me.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 12:48 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
I'm also tempted not to go, but curiosity will get the better of me, and then I'll have grounds to say 'I told you so!'

That said, it's all so very ironic this discussion is taking place when this whole situation is firmly rooted in the much lauded CR06.

There was nothing particularly "woke" about CR. If there was, I wouldn't rate it so highly. Now, QoS, on the other hand, is the most leftwing Bond film ever made, although even it has a certain amount of political nuance to it. The forthcoming abomination, however, shows every sign of being a hideous deformation of everything Ian Fleming's Bond stands for.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 12:56 am

what are the left wing elements in QoS?
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 1:58 am

The Jinx spinoff idea looks ever more attractive compared to this ever increasing nonsense.

It can't possibly get any worse you think and then it does. Hearing any reference to nttd in regular life is literally like another piece of my spirit being brutally murdered. I think I have little left since it started in that dark theater in 2006 where part of me died.

How is it that they let M:I continually steal the series thunder with empty yet effectively crafted sequels and eventually turn up with a lumbering buffoon of a modernized empty picture that makes no friends with audiences and alienates everyone?
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 9:11 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:

There was nothing particularly "woke" about CR. If there was, I wouldn't rate it so highly. Now, QoS, on the other hand, is the most leftwing Bond film ever made, although even it has a certain amount of political nuance to it. The forthcoming abomination, however, shows every sign of being a hideous deformation of everything Ian Fleming's Bond stands for.

Yeah, I didn't get any hint of politics or social preachiness in CR. It's actually rather surprising when you think about it. In DAD they flogged the Bond's Eeeekwol horse mercilessly but in CR you had Vesper, a desk jockey who wouldn't know one end of a gun from the other. The reboot angle, if anything, made Bond more macho. In hindsight, it was the last Bond film before the social media disease clawed its way onto the scene.

Sarai wrote:

I imagine Khanners means Bond's remark about los Yankees only caring about coke and communism. Uncharacteristically bolshie for James Bond.

Granted, a very old-school Tory might harbour resentment towards US foreign policy when it came to the decolonisation of the Empire but Bond's comments were undoubtedly spat out from a very different, Guardianista angle.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 11:54 am

The 'coke and Communism' line is quite Lefty, but QOS also posits the idea that an apparently Left-leaning 'eco-concerns' businessman is just frontin' to cover up his ruthless bastardry laugh .
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 3:49 pm

CJB wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Yeah, I didn't get any hint of politics or social preachiness in CR. It's actually rather surprising when you think about it. In DAD they flogged the Bond's Eeeekwol horse mercilessly but in CR you had Vesper, a desk jockey who wouldn't know one end of a gun from the other. The reboot angle, if anything, made Bond more macho. In hindsight, it was the last Bond film before the social media disease clawed its way onto the scene.

Sarai wrote:

I imagine Khanners means Bond's remark about los Yankees only caring about coke and communism. Uncharacteristically bolshie for James Bond.

Granted, a very old-school Tory might harbour resentment towards US foreign policy when it came to the decolonisation of the Empire but Bond's comments were undoubtedly spat out from a very different, Guardianista angle.

Yes, that. Also Dominic's remark that "We don't want Marxists giving resources to the people, now, do we?" He also says, "We [Quantum] deal with dictators and liberators," which ludicrously suggests that "liberators" are not often themselves dictators posing as liberators. And, he tells Medrano about Haiti's president mandating a pay raise from 50 cents per day to a dollar a day for sweatshop workers and how this outraged American corporations and precipitated his removal. There's also Bond berating Leiter with the "broken crockery" of America's Latin American foreign policy. Now some of these criticisms and remarks may have a bit of merit, but they all definitely spring from Leftist positions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

No Time to Die (2020)
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next