More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

No Time to Die (2020)

Go down 
+24
T.A. Ferguson
BamesJond
Fort Knox
marketto007
Stamper
xJoker
OO7
Makeshift Python
CJB
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Strangways&Quarrel
Napoleon Solo
bitchcraft
Thevan7F
Blunt Instrument
Salomé
hegottheboot
Hilly
Moore
Walecs
Mr.Wint
Perilagu Khan
G section
Gravity's Silhouette
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 3:51 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
The 'coke and Communism' line is quite Lefty, but QOS also posits the idea that an apparently Left-leaning 'eco-concerns' businessman is just frontin' to cover up his ruthless bastardry laugh .    

That's right. QoS makes environmentalists look like naive chumps. And there's also the bit where the Foreign Secretary tells M that, "If all we dealt with were nice people, we'd have nobody to trade with!" That sort of realpolitik is an apposite rebuke to daffy Leftist idealism.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 11:45 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
bitchcraft wrote:
Well this is a bit worrying. Now that the new Terminator film has tanked and is being ripped apart by the anti-woke crowd (and rightly so), they are now beginning to turn their attention to  the next film that will face a similar fate, No Time To Die. Lynch becoming 007 has pissed off many and saying things like the women wear the pants in this movie does not fucking help at all.

I hope Bond land is very aware of this.

Well, they've lost my money on this film. I usually watch a new Bond film three or four times in the cinema, and I'm boycotting this one. Hopefully, many others follow suit.

Me Too. Not taking my hard earned cash. I watched SPECTRE on a freebie. I may not even watch NTTD for free.

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 7:43 pm

Stuntgirl Jessica Hawkins should have been in the movie

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1203799/James-Bond-25-No-Time-To-Die-video-stunts-cars-007-movie
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 8:22 am

Ana de Armas is getting very good reviews for her work in Rian Johnson's "Knives Out".
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 5:01 pm

Ana, and to some extent, Lea are the only things I like about this movie so far. Rami too if he lives up to the hype.

Come on trailer, you have much to do.....
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 11:49 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
CJB wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:

That said, it's all so very ironic this discussion is taking place when this whole situation is firmly rooted in the much lauded CR06.

There was nothing particularly "woke" about CR. If there was, I wouldn't rate it so highly. Now, QoS, on the other hand, is the most leftwing Bond film ever made, although even it has a certain amount of political nuance to it. The forthcoming abomination, however, shows every sign of being a hideous deformation of everything Ian Fleming's Bond stands for.

Yeah, I didn't get any hint of politics or social preachiness in CR. It's actually rather surprising when you think about it. In DAD they flogged the Bond's Eeeekwol horse mercilessly but in CR you had Vesper, a desk jockey who wouldn't know one end of a gun from the other. The reboot angle, if anything, made Bond more macho. In hindsight, it was the last Bond film before the social media disease clawed its way onto the scene.

Sarai wrote:
what are the left wing elements in QoS?

I imagine Khanners means Bond's remark about los Yankees only caring about coke and communism. Uncharacteristically bolshie for James Bond.

Granted, a very old-school Tory might harbour resentment towards US foreign policy when it came to the decolonisation of the Empire but Bond's comments were undoubtedly spat out from a very different, Guardianista angle.

Yes, that. Also Dominic's remark that "We don't want Marxists giving resources to the people, now, do we?" He also says, "We [Quantum] deal with dictators and liberators," which ludicrously suggests that "liberators" are not often themselves dictators posing as liberators. And, he tells Medrano about Haiti's president mandating a pay raise from 50 cents per day to a dollar a day for sweatshop workers and how this outraged American corporations and precipitated his removal. There's also Bond berating Leiter with the "broken crockery" of America's Latin American foreign policy. Now some of these criticisms and remarks may have a bit of merit, but they all definitely spring from Leftist positions.

I'll admit I didn't notice it but the fact that MI6 and Bond are the good guys and we are cheering for them is funny enough and part of the fun.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 6:09 am

bitchcraft wrote:
Ana, and to some extent, Lea are the only things I like about this movie so far. Rami too if he lives up to the hype.

Come on trailer, you have much to do.....

At first Ana was 1 of 3 draws for me (Rami and Norway being the other two). But I think Ana is going to be sparingly used; she's not the lead Bond Girl and she's already gotten all the NOW-sactioned talking points about how she's not the typical Bond Girl, so whatever interest I had in Ana has more or less faded away. EON had a chance to really up its game and bring on the most drop-dead gorgeous Bond Girl since Izabella Scorupco, but, alas, it isn't meant to be. The least interesting of Craig-Bond's conquests is the one that has been chosen to come back. Less said the better.

The other draw was the intrigue of how Norway might factor in to the film. Could we have our first Nordic Bond thriller in, like, ever? I know we went to "Iceland" in 2002, but did anyone feel like Bond went to Iceland? Was DAD established in the Icelandic milieu? After leaving the theater did you feel like you'd just left the same exotic locations Bond had been to? I didn't. I like films that put Bond squarely in the location that the character is supposed to be in....walking along Fisherman's wharf in San Francisco...jumping across the rooftops of Tangier....mixing it up with the rough and rowdy types of Key West Fla (the one saving grace of the film is that it did capture the gritty essence of that part of the world).

So it was with great hope that finally we might get Bond set against the backdrop of a land and culture we've not seen him mix it up in except in the novels (he going to Finland and all for ICEBREAKER). So there was hope we might get an arctic adventure with snow ski chases, snow mobile sequences, and all things ice-related, not to mention establishing shots of Bond walking in downtown Oslo or Bergen or Lillehammer. But  what's the point of going to an unexplored part of the world for Bond when he can go back to Italy for the filth time in a row.

So what we have is a scene filmed in Norway on an ice lake that might as well have been filmed on Lake Michigan or on a frozen pond behind some dilapidated Detroit hovel. What's exactly the point?

And parts of Norway seem to double for parts of Scotland or vice-versa. We've got a ton of car chases but do we have any unusual , original stunts, or are we just recycling from the earlier Craig films?

This film may end up being technically competent and decent, but will probably leave millions wondering whether it was necessary to bring THIS Bond back for THIS adventure rather than just restart the series. My gut instinct tells me everything Craig's Bond had to say was said and done by the end of SPECTRE. NTTD will prove the adage that "sometimes dead is better". Should've left well-enough alone.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 11:29 am

I don't think we're ever going to get our snowmobile chase, Gravy.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 4:07 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/news/shortcuts/2019/nov/11/james-bond-10-most-unforgivable-puns-no-time-to-die

Article that suggests innuendo will be back in NTTD (and throws in a Top 10 of the franchise's most groan-worthy examples into the bargain).
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 11:58 pm

#10, #8, and #1 felt the most crass of all the innuendo, whereas I like all the rest!
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am

they sound bad when I read them but never minded it on the screen and Q makes them funny
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 3:25 am

The travelogue aspect died long ago in particular the aspect of giving a sense of foreign cultures a'la FRWL or even Greece in FYEO.
ICEBREAKER is the lone true Scandinavian Bond. I still to this day think about left foot braking when the roads get covered in snow and ice.

I'm glad it wasn't ten bashes at Mank's genius. However since he did uncredited rewrites on TSWLM and a slight bit on MR it kinda is. All are genius under the radar gags except for the inane one from CR and the TWINE line which was a poor reworking of Mank's version in TMWTGG.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 12:03 pm

It reads like more of a sort-of celebration of them to me ... it even goes as far as calling Rog's 'Keeping the British end up, Sir' a classic.

I'd argue that both 'Your cover name is Stephanie Broadchest' and the 'Every penny of it' response to 'I'm the money' from CR beat the one mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 6:30 pm

CR never aimed for the big laughs as much as its immediate predecessors, but I remember the few it did landed big with audiences and "Stephanie Broadchest" was one of them.

There's only one gag that I remember never really eliciting a big reaction and that's when Bond gets revived by Vesper and his first question is "you okay?" "me?". Such a considerate gentleman!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 3:56 am

Makeshift Python wrote:

There's only one gag that I remember never really eliciting a big reaction and that's when Bond gets revived by Vesper and his first question is "you okay?" "me?". Such a considerate gentleman!

Probably because it's such a contrived sequence for an oh-so-serious film.

In other news, the NTTD trailer will supposedly be released on the 4/5th Dec. Still time to get some recreational substances to help swallow whatever NTTD will be.... Daniel Craig has recently suggested the film is "surprising". Surprisingly bad? Surprising they decided to go down this creative route? Surprising they decided to keep him on? The mind wonders...
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 9:45 am

Makeshift Python wrote:

During a commentary for GOLDENEYE, Wilson expressed disappointment that the crowd in a theater was very silent when Xenia had her one-liner "I had to ventilate someone".
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 3:47 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:

For those of us less jaundiced, it is clever comic relief.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 7:07 pm

Daniel Craig has recently suggested the film is "surprising". Surprisingly bad? Surprising they decided to go down this creative route? Surprising they decided to keep him on? The mind wonders...

What if you're surprised... and like it? drool
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 9:59 pm

That just might be outside the realm of possibility, but I'm open to it.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2019 1:15 am

That just might be outside the realm of possibility, but I'm open to it.

"Hope springs eternal."
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2019 5:28 am

As for Lynch....it remains to be seen if she has more action scenes than Jinx had in DaD...somehow I doubt it, she looks too clunky.

Yes I'm being mean drool
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2019 7:40 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
CR never aimed for the big laughs as much as its immediate predecessors, but I remember the few it did landed big with audiences and "Stephanie Broadchest" was one of them.

I didn't think that scene was in anyway a gag and feels way too serious for that. I thought it was one of the best scenes in the movie, very emotional and really built on his character. Just the whole fact that he went through all of that and his first words are concern for Vesper and not himself is very powerful. It could have been him in shock too which is fun to think about but it comes across as her being his first thought which to me is very Bond, as tough as it get's and I was pretty wowed by that scene. It gave me a sort of nervous laugh of relief and admiration for the character. I feel like I need to go back and watch it again if that's not what others are seeing here.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2019 7:49 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Trying to get KKBB to see Craig in any kind of positive light is like trying to get me to like the new Star Wars. It's never going to happen and if he is anything like me in this regard which I think he is he will never stop bitching about it either and take a shot at whenever he can. I actually really like that about him as I reminds me there are others out there just as crazy as I am. I wonder if he is like this in real life too? I just looked up the release date of The Last Jedi and it was December 15, 2017 ....I still haven't made it through a day without bitching about it and it's not uncommon for me to literally go on about it all day for days at a time. I think it's like some kind of therapy for us or something, I don't know. Just the other day Chanelle said to me, 'do we have to keep talking about this?' and that's not a good idea with me. Yes, yes we do have to keep talking about this and don't tell me it's just a movie, get over it. I am fully prepared to go to my grave ranting about The Last Jedi. laugh
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 8:24 am

Sarai wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Trying to get KKBB to see Craig in any kind of positive light is like trying to get me to like the new Star Wars. It's never going to happen and if he is anything like me in this regard which I think he is he will never stop bitching about it either and take a shot at whenever he can. I actually really like that about him as I reminds me there are others out there just as crazy as I am. I wonder if he is like this in real life too? I just looked up the release date of The Last Jedi and it was December 15, 2017 ....I still haven't made it through a day without bitching about it and it's not uncommon for me to literally go on about it all day for days at a time. I think it's like some kind of therapy for us or something, I don't know. Just the other day Chanelle said to me, 'do we have to keep talking about this?' and that's not a good idea with me. Yes, yes we do have to keep talking about this and don't tell me it's just a movie, get over it. I am fully prepared to go to my grave ranting about The Last Jedi. laugh

That's too bad, I rank THE LAST JEDI third best Star Wars film.

As for KKBB, pretty much. Best case scenario is he likes the movie but still hates Craig.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 11:01 am

It did depress me and as childish as it is to be upset by something as trivial as a movie, here I am. I kept a very open mind, avoided reviews but hated it even more the second time. I had issues with The Force Awakens but overall I thought it was OK. My expectations weren't too high and I knew not to expect Lucas and with all the pressure I thought JJ Abrams did a decent job even if he made a few curious choices. I was pleasantly surprised with the cast especially Daisy Ridley and John Boyega so felt the series to have potential once they built on those characters. If the second movie was good it would really strengthen TFA but for me it was just dreadful in all ways.  I feel like not only did Rian destroy the old characters he did the same with the new ones. It felt to me like someone who hated Star Wars in general and just wanted to make a mockery of it all. Finn was such a great character in the first one, pure energy on screen by Boyega and while there were lots of jokes I thought it done well and he was in a very strange situation. The friendship between him and Rey was great and I really bought into the idea he really cared for her which of course was something she was unfamiliar with.  So I really thought, hoped in The Last Jedi we were going to see a slow shedding of the comedic side of Finn and the warrior side rise more and more. But it seems like Rian didn't know what to do with his character at all so either used him as comic relief or sent him off on a very boring pointless and tiresome side mission to planet Vegas. That whole part was so long and painful. Parking tickets, jail, just happening to run into the code breaker, the freeing of the animals. It was all so forced and pointless and they wouldn't even have been on that mission if Admiral Purple Hair hadn't decided to to keep her super secret plan for no real logical reason. This causes a mutiny with Poe. I don't even know what Purple Hair was doing in the movie or why we are supposed to care about her esp in terms of sacrifice. It seems she was only there because Leia was blown out of the ship but then could magically fly like super girl in space only to then go into a coma. My impression of that is that Rian wanted to have a shocking scene, didn't really have the guts to do it then made it all the worse with flying Leia. All I could think of at that moment where Han said in the TFA, 'that's now how the force works" and it looked even worse in execution than on paper which is a miracle in itself.
As far as Luke's character goes I feel like the less said the better and I am doing my best to forget that ever happened. That was made all the worse because we had to watch Rey wasting all her time on that island. Did they have any idea what to do with any of these characters besides long drawn out side missions that served no purpose? It doesn't seem like they thought any of this trilogy out ahead of time. There is no way the ending of TFA, that moment with Rey approaching Luke was originally conceived that way. They keep saying subverted your expectations but only in the sense one doesn't ever expect writing that bad, they rug pulled out endlessly for no reason other than lazy writing and Rian not having a clue what he was doing.  On top of this it was horribly long bloated and none of it forwarded the series at all. He not only managed to undo the original six movies but TFA as well. They really would have been better off keeping it simpler and not bring back the old cast at all as it just felt shoe horned and hamfisted whenever they did. It would have been much better if it was much further in the future and with just the new cast. The story of Rey, Finn and Poe in a world so far removed the Jedi and Skywalkers were just myth at this point. It hinted at that in the TFA, Rey felt that and it would have worked. It would have made more sense too as this whole First Order being the dominate power already basically just a new name for The Empire. Non of this makes sense on a time line following ROTJ. Now I hear that Palpatine will be back making all previous movies and characters pointless as well. This whole thing just feels like one giant cluster fuck. My original expectations was a trilogy that lacking Lucas would be sort of a smaller version, 6/10 less creative types of movies and I would have been happy with that. But with the direction Rian chose to go in it destroys the whole trilogy and the Lucas movies as well if I didn't dismiss this as the worst kind of fan fiction. 
 like you get a bad Bond movie and I don't feel like it hurts anything. Spectre for example I really don't like that movie but it doesn't damage the Bond character or Craig as Bond it's just a movie I probably won't watch again as it bores me and it doesn't hurt the potential for the next Bond film. It could very well turn out to be one of the best for all I know but as far as Star Wars goes I don't see how this can be fixed and that is depressing. 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

No Time to Die (2020)
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next