More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

No Time to Die (2020)

Go down 
+24
T.A. Ferguson
BamesJond
Fort Knox
marketto007
Stamper
xJoker
OO7
Makeshift Python
CJB
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Strangways&Quarrel
Napoleon Solo
bitchcraft
Thevan7F
Blunt Instrument
Salomé
hegottheboot
Hilly
Moore
Walecs
Mr.Wint
Perilagu Khan
G section
Gravity's Silhouette
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 11:05 am

where did our little Aussie buddy go?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 10:48 pm

Sarai wrote:
It did depress me and as childish as it is to be upset by something as trivial as a movie, here I am. I kept a very open mind, avoided reviews but hated it even more the second time. I had issues with The Force Awakens but overall I thought it was OK. My expectations weren't too high and I knew not to expect Lucas and with all the pressure I thought JJ Abrams did a decent job even if he made a few curious choices. I was pleasantly surprised with the cast especially Daisy Ridley and John Boyega so felt the series to have potential once they built on those characters. If the second movie was good it would really strengthen TFA but for me it was just dreadful in all ways.  I feel like not only did Rian destroy the old characters he did the same with the new ones. It felt to me like someone who hated Star Wars in general and just wanted to make a mockery of it all. Finn was such a great character in the first one, pure energy on screen by Boyega and while there were lots of jokes I thought it done well and he was in a very strange situation. The friendship between him and Rey was great and I really bought into the idea he really cared for her which of course was something she was unfamiliar with.  So I really thought, hoped in The Last Jedi we were going to see a slow shedding of the comedic side of Finn and the warrior side rise more and more. But it seems like Rian didn't know what to do with his character at all so either used him as comic relief or sent him off on a very boring pointless and tiresome side mission to planet Vegas. That whole part was so long and painful. Parking tickets, jail, just happening to run into the code breaker, the freeing of the animals. It was all so forced and pointless and they wouldn't even have been on that mission if Admiral Purple Hair hadn't decided to to keep her super secret plan for no real logical reason. This causes a mutiny with Poe. I don't even know what Purple Hair was doing in the movie or why we are supposed to care about her esp in terms of sacrifice. It seems she was only there because Leia was blown out of the ship but then could magically fly like super girl in space only to then go into a coma. My impression of that is that Rian wanted to have a shocking scene, didn't really have the guts to do it then made it all the worse with flying Leia. All I could think of at that moment where Han said in the TFA, 'that's now how the force works" and it looked even worse in execution than on paper which is a miracle in itself.
As far as Luke's character goes I feel like the less said the better and I am doing my best to forget that ever happened. That was made all the worse because we had to watch Rey wasting all her time on that island. Did they have any idea what to do with any of these characters besides long drawn out side missions that served no purpose? It doesn't seem like they thought any of this trilogy out ahead of time. There is no way the ending of TFA, that moment with Rey approaching Luke was originally conceived that way. They keep saying subverted your expectations but only in the sense one doesn't ever expect writing that bad, they rug pulled out endlessly for no reason other than lazy writing and Rian not having a clue what he was doing.  On top of this it was horribly long bloated and none of it forwarded the series at all. He not only managed to undo the original six movies but TFA as well. They really would have been better off keeping it simpler and not bring back the old cast at all as it just felt shoe horned and hamfisted whenever they did. It would have been much better if it was much further in the future and with just the new cast. The story of Rey, Finn and Poe in a world so far removed the Jedi and Skywalkers were just myth at this point. It hinted at that in the TFA, Rey felt that and it would have worked. It would have made more sense too as this whole First Order being the dominate power already basically just a new name for The Empire. Non of this makes sense on a time line following ROTJ. Now I hear that Palpatine will be back making all previous movies and characters pointless as well. This whole thing just feels like one giant cluster fuck. My original expectations was a trilogy that lacking Lucas would be sort of a smaller version, 6/10 less creative types of movies and I would have been happy with that. But with the direction Rian chose to go in it destroys the whole trilogy and the Lucas movies as well if I didn't dismiss this as the worst kind of fan fiction. 
 like you get a bad Bond movie and I don't feel like it hurts anything. Spectre for example I really don't like that movie but it doesn't damage the Bond character or Craig as Bond it's just a movie I probably won't watch again as it bores me and it doesn't hurt the potential for the next Bond film. It could very well turn out to be one of the best for all I know but as far as Star Wars goes I don't see how this can be fixed and that is depressing. 

Didn't plan to see TLJ but was dragged into it. By the time I saw it the fan reaction had started to seep in and was crowding out the critic's more positive reaction. My first take on the movie was that it wasn't as bad as the fans were saying...however, it doesn't hold up on second viewing, and much like the PT, doesn't really fit in with what we knew and saw from the OT.

I was one who thought Disney buying LucasFilm's would be a good thing. Lucas had lost interest in the series a long time ago. That he managed to stick around direct all three PT movies was more a testament to his stubbornness than anything else. If he cared about the fans he would've stepped aside and let other directors work on the PT. He dug a whole so deep with TPM that I think there was almost no way to dig out of it by Episode IV. He'd have needed 3 or 4 more films just to the series back on track where IV would've picked up.

But I digress.

TLJ is a bad movie, but in ways that are different from the PT. The PT always felt like it was written for children, instead of bringing the child out of the adult. The latter is why the OT worked so well, the former is why TPM is so bad and to a lesser extent AOTC and ROTS. The PT is just dumbed down material with really bad acting. Lucas directed his PT films like he either never saw Star Wars or forgot the history and what the fans were looking for. I won't get into my gripes with TPM at this point, because it would take too long.

I liked TFA, but could tell where the series was heading: multicultrual PC b.s. and that's exactly where it went. TLJ ticks off all the boxes for the SJW crowd because that's who is both running these studios, making these movies, and the audience they are targeting. You'd think making a movie for your base would be your first priority, but with both 007 and Star Wars that is not the case.

I didn't like Finn from the moment I saw him. I find Boyega.....unpleasant to look at. He's got a face for radio. It only gets worse from there. But he was my only issue with TFA for the most part. TLJ gives us a Luke Skywalker with no nobility. No grace. No loyalty. He's not who we thought we knew at the end of ROTJ. Should've just called the character something else. He's unlikeable from start to finish. They could do no worse if they showed him being stabbed to death on screen and just outright killed him off. Why bother bringing Mark Hamill back for that?

Admiral Holdo...I don't get why she's in the movie. All of her scenes could have, and should have, gone to Leia, who gets sidelined for part of the movie so Holdo can poach her turf. Maybe LucasFilm's didn't want Leia to be the one to bust Poe's balls, hoping to keep her likeable. So they bring in Holdo to do it, only to then later reveal it was all part of a plan, at which point she sacrifices herself to redeem the character in the minds of many viewers who didn't care for her to begin with. Again, a total waste of time. It used up time that should've gone to HF, BDW, CF and MH if they'd been planning these films out correctly.

Akbar gets killed. Captain Phasma gets killed. Benicio Del Toro plays a character that I have to assume at one point was more relevant than he became, beause I still have no idea what purpose he ultimately served.

And finally there's Rose. I think the problem I have with Finn in TFA and Rose in TLJ is that we can't have them as just characters. We already know before we go into the theater that these roles are "extremely important" because "representation matters" and we know this because the actors have already told us that during the publicity rounds, or Kathleen Kennedy has stated it or so has the director, all before the film has even open. So already it's in our heads that we have to like these characters because if we don't we're racists. sarcasm That's also a lot to put on these actors, because now they must be noble and upstanding because it's not simply a sci-fantasy movie they're in; they're representing an entire race of people on planet earth sarcasm

Anyway, safe to say everything with Finn and Rose in TLJ is just stupid. And when it's not being stupid it's being pedantic and preachy. Finn can't even sacrifice himself properly at the end without Rose interfering. His one purely selfless moment in the entire series and she just cuts right in. She's almost meant to be a safer love interest than Rey. I think Disney backed off a romance between Rey and Finn and chose Rose because her being Asian would be less "problematic", yet it's the audience that's supposedly racist. That last scene there with Finn and Rose is symptomatic of other problems: namely that stuff gets said that sounds deep at first, but upon further examination is revealed to be shallow and just dumb. In the moment Rose's scene might seem heroic, but ultimately it undercuts long running themes of sacrifice and nobility and honor that had come before.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 1:56 am

bitchcraft wrote:
As for Lynch....it remains to be seen if she has more action scenes than Jinx had in DaD...somehow I doubt it, she looks too clunky.

Yes I'm being mean drool

Camille had more action scenes than Jinx, surely?

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 10:03 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Sarai wrote:
It did depress me and as childish as it is to be upset by something as trivial as a movie, here I am. I kept a very open mind, avoided reviews but hated it even more the second time. I had issues with The Force Awakens but overall I thought it was OK. My expectations weren't too high and I knew not to expect Lucas and with all the pressure I thought JJ Abrams did a decent job even if he made a few curious choices. I was pleasantly surprised with the cast especially Daisy Ridley and John Boyega so felt the series to have potential once they built on those characters. If the second movie was good it would really strengthen TFA but for me it was just dreadful in all ways.  I feel like not only did Rian destroy the old characters he did the same with the new ones. It felt to me like someone who hated Star Wars in general and just wanted to make a mockery of it all. Finn was such a great character in the first one, pure energy on screen by Boyega and while there were lots of jokes I thought it done well and he was in a very strange situation. The friendship between him and Rey was great and I really bought into the idea he really cared for her which of course was something she was unfamiliar with.  So I really thought, hoped in The Last Jedi we were going to see a slow shedding of the comedic side of Finn and the warrior side rise more and more. But it seems like Rian didn't know what to do with his character at all so either used him as comic relief or sent him off on a very boring pointless and tiresome side mission to planet Vegas. That whole part was so long and painful. Parking tickets, jail, just happening to run into the code breaker, the freeing of the animals. It was all so forced and pointless and they wouldn't even have been on that mission if Admiral Purple Hair hadn't decided to to keep her super secret plan for no real logical reason. This causes a mutiny with Poe. I don't even know what Purple Hair was doing in the movie or why we are supposed to care about her esp in terms of sacrifice. It seems she was only there because Leia was blown out of the ship but then could magically fly like super girl in space only to then go into a coma. My impression of that is that Rian wanted to have a shocking scene, didn't really have the guts to do it then made it all the worse with flying Leia. All I could think of at that moment where Han said in the TFA, 'that's now how the force works" and it looked even worse in execution than on paper which is a miracle in itself.
As far as Luke's character goes I feel like the less said the better and I am doing my best to forget that ever happened. That was made all the worse because we had to watch Rey wasting all her time on that island. Did they have any idea what to do with any of these characters besides long drawn out side missions that served no purpose? It doesn't seem like they thought any of this trilogy out ahead of time. There is no way the ending of TFA, that moment with Rey approaching Luke was originally conceived that way. They keep saying subverted your expectations but only in the sense one doesn't ever expect writing that bad, they rug pulled out endlessly for no reason other than lazy writing and Rian not having a clue what he was doing.  On top of this it was horribly long bloated and none of it forwarded the series at all. He not only managed to undo the original six movies but TFA as well. They really would have been better off keeping it simpler and not bring back the old cast at all as it just felt shoe horned and hamfisted whenever they did. It would have been much better if it was much further in the future and with just the new cast. The story of Rey, Finn and Poe in a world so far removed the Jedi and Skywalkers were just myth at this point. It hinted at that in the TFA, Rey felt that and it would have worked. It would have made more sense too as this whole First Order being the dominate power already basically just a new name for The Empire. Non of this makes sense on a time line following ROTJ. Now I hear that Palpatine will be back making all previous movies and characters pointless as well. This whole thing just feels like one giant cluster fuck. My original expectations was a trilogy that lacking Lucas would be sort of a smaller version, 6/10 less creative types of movies and I would have been happy with that. But with the direction Rian chose to go in it destroys the whole trilogy and the Lucas movies as well if I didn't dismiss this as the worst kind of fan fiction. 
 like you get a bad Bond movie and I don't feel like it hurts anything. Spectre for example I really don't like that movie but it doesn't damage the Bond character or Craig as Bond it's just a movie I probably won't watch again as it bores me and it doesn't hurt the potential for the next Bond film. It could very well turn out to be one of the best for all I know but as far as Star Wars goes I don't see how this can be fixed and that is depressing. 

Didn't plan to see TLJ but was dragged into it. By the time I saw it the fan reaction had started to seep in and was crowding out the critic's more positive reaction. My first take on the movie was that it wasn't as bad as the fans were saying...however, it doesn't hold up on second viewing, and much like the PT, doesn't really fit in with what we knew and saw from the OT.

I was one who thought Disney buying LucasFilm's would be a good thing. Lucas had lost interest in the series a long time ago. That he managed to stick around direct all three PT movies was more a testament to his stubbornness than anything else. If he cared about the fans he would've stepped aside and let other directors work on the PT. He dug a whole so deep with TPM that I think there was almost no way to dig out of it by Episode IV. He'd have needed 3 or 4 more films just to the series back on track where IV would've picked up.

But I digress.

TLJ is a bad movie, but in ways that are different from the PT. The PT always felt like it was written for children, instead of bringing the child out of the adult. The latter is why the OT worked so well, the former is why TPM is so bad and to a lesser extent AOTC and ROTS. The PT is just dumbed down material with really bad acting. Lucas directed his PT films like he either never saw Star Wars or forgot the history and what the fans were looking for. I won't get into my gripes with TPM at this point, because it would take too long.

I liked TFA, but could tell where the series was heading: multicultrual PC b.s. and that's exactly where it went. TLJ ticks off all the boxes for the SJW crowd because that's who is both running these studios, making these movies, and the audience they are targeting. You'd think making a movie for your base would be your first priority, but with both 007 and Star Wars that is not the case.

I didn't like Finn from the moment I saw him. I find Boyega.....unpleasant to look at. He's got a face for radio. It only gets worse from there. But he was my only issue with TFA for the most part. TLJ gives us a Luke Skywalker with no nobility. No grace. No loyalty. He's not who we thought we knew at the end of ROTJ. Should've just called the character something else. He's unlikeable from start to finish. They could do no worse if they showed him being stabbed to death on screen and just outright killed him off. Why bother bringing Mark Hamill back for that?

Admiral Holdo...I don't get why she's in the movie. All of her scenes could have, and should have, gone to Leia, who gets sidelined for part of the movie so Holdo can poach her turf. Maybe LucasFilm's didn't want Leia to be the one to bust Poe's balls, hoping to keep her likeable. So they bring in Holdo to do it, only to then later reveal it was all part of a plan, at which point she sacrifices herself to redeem the character in the minds of many viewers who didn't care for her to begin with. Again, a total waste of time. It used up time that should've gone to HF, BDW, CF and MH if they'd been planning these films out correctly.

Akbar gets killed. Captain Phasma gets killed. Benicio Del Toro plays a character that I have to assume at one point was more relevant than he became, beause I still have no idea what purpose he ultimately served.

And finally there's Rose. I think the problem I have with Finn in TFA and Rose in TLJ is that we can't have them as just characters. We already know before we go into the theater that these roles are "extremely important" because "representation matters" and we know this because the actors have already told us that during the publicity rounds, or Kathleen Kennedy has stated it or so has the director, all before the film has even open. So already it's in our heads that we have to like these characters because if we don't we're racists. sarcasm That's also a lot to put on these actors, because now they must be noble and upstanding because it's not simply a sci-fantasy movie they're in; they're representing an entire race of people on planet earth sarcasm

Anyway, safe to say everything with Finn and Rose in TLJ is just stupid. And when it's not being stupid it's being pedantic and preachy. Finn can't even sacrifice himself properly at the end without Rose interfering. His one purely selfless moment in the entire series and she just cuts right in. She's almost meant to be a safer love interest than Rey. I think Disney backed off a romance between Rey and Finn and chose Rose because her being Asian would be less "problematic", yet it's the audience that's supposedly racist. That last scene there with Finn and Rose is symptomatic of other problems: namely that stuff gets said that sounds deep at first, but upon further examination is revealed to be shallow and just dumb. In the moment Rose's scene might seem heroic, but ultimately it undercuts long running themes of sacrifice and nobility and honor that had come before.

I forgot all about Rose and just like everything else with this movie the more I remember the more I dislike about the whole thing. I'm sure she's a fine actress and she is kind of cute and all but once again another unwritten character with no purpose. It seems like she was just there to be Finns girlfriend because they didn't know what to do with his character and why there has to be a love story in every film I have no idea, that's always bothered me. There is no reason for Finn having to be with Rey and it would have been more powerful and touching if they were just that close of friends. And yes that end scene with Rose moronically crashing into Finn was nothing but another gotcha moment, executed poorly and I'm surprised that didn't kill him. How did they get back afterwards? It had no drama or tension either as it's hard to care about Finn as with all characters we don't know him.  That is something I could give a pass to on TFA but not at this point and I don't know why I should care about any of these characters at all or what happens to them. I don't know them.
 As far as the characters go in general I have to put that on the writing and not the actors. I had no idea who John Boyega was, this was the first time I had seen him and I liked that as unknowns work better for me in a Star Wars film. I thought he was fine in TFA and while I can see where people find Finn too jokey I could get past it and admit I did laugh at some of his antics. My problem they decided to do nothing with him in The Last Jedi. Just having him grow more, shedding some of the jokes and giving him a more important role would have fixed that. I have to overlook a lot of flaws and superficiality in TFA to accept it but the fact I was really curious about Rey and Finn and wanted to know more tells me I must like the actors. The problems just seems to always come back to the writing. Rian took every problem JJ had with his film and made it worse. Phasma, another useless character. Was he trying to hint at a Kylo/Rey romance too? Snoke dead. see the more I remember...sigh. What's there to look forward to in the next movie? Rey beating Kylo again?
And I agree about not bringing the old cast back just to crap all over them and people's memories. I can separate this all as fan fiction but many can't and it's ruined Luke and the old movies for them and that's a shame. I just really don't know what they were thinking, I don't. I don't have a 'head cannon' or need things to go my way, I can accept change no problem but what they did with Luke was just a disgrace. Rian was going so far out his way to be different, he messed up all the characters and plot line and not one bit of it came out as original anyways. If I had never seen a Star Wars movie in my life I would still view this as a bad movie in every way. It didn't even feel like a movie, didn't flow and wasn't organic at all. It was just a bunch of filler all slapped together for no real reason as you brought up with del Toro. They probably remembered him in Fear and Loathing and thought Vegas planet, brilliant! 
It made me laugh you mentioning the Prequels because that was the original divide that still goes on to this day and lost many fan's I believe. I really don't know what to say about that and the subject is quite interesting to say the least. It feels like for the people who liked them vs the one the didn't we all must have seen a different trilogy. I love the Prequels every bit as much as the original 3 and in ways even more. The Phantom Menace is still in my top ten list and was really one of the most magical movies of my childhood. When I found out years later people disliked or hated it I couldn't even wrap my head around that idea. I still don't get it even knowing obviously movies are subjective and we all have different tastes and that's cool. People certainly don't have to like the same things I do and I normally wouldn't even give it a second thought but I admit I have spent many hours online reading reviews trying to understand when it comes to the Prequels. It goes back and forth, in circles and I don't feel like I will ever really get it. The best I can come up with is that is often to do with age and I have been told by people who saw the original's as kids that I just don't get it...and maybe that's a big part of it. Perhaps I can't or refuse to see the flaws in the Prequel's because I watched them so young and was so swept away by it all my mind never left that place. 
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 2:19 am

First Look at No Time To Die and with an updated cast/crew list:

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 Ew-first-look

Director: Cary Joji Fukunaga
Writers: Neal Purvis & Robert Wade, and Cary Joji Fukunaga and Phoebe Waller-Bridge
Producers: Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli
Cast: Daniel Craig, Rami Malek, Léa Seydoux, Lashana Lynch, Ben Whishaw,
Naomie Harris, with Jeffrey Wright, with Christoph Waltz and Ralph Fiennes as "M"
Also starring Rory Kinnear, Ana de Armas, Dali Benssalah, David Dencik, and Billy Magnussen

Which means, Blofeld and Felix are essentially cameos, Q has a bigger role than Moneypenny, Ana de Armas will most likely have a role as big as Severine's, Scott Burns' contributions to the script isn't enough to warrant a credit.

“This film is really tremendous,” says Barbara Broccoli, who produces the Bond films with Michael G. Wilson. “We’re really super excited by it. We always start off these movies saying two things. One is, ‘What is Bond’s emotional journey throughout the film?’ And we’ve really thrown the book at it on this one. And the other is, ‘What is he up against in terms of the villain, and the villainy, and what’s happening in the world?’ And I think on both counts we’ve really pushed the boat out.”
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 10:30 pm

New production stills released:

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 No-time-to-die-daniel-craig-2-600x400

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 No-time-to-die-daniel-craig-1-600x400

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 No-time-to-die-christoph-waltz-daniel-craig-600x400

Madeleine turns up here, as seen in the above image posted by Fort Knox.

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 No-time-to-die-harris-fiennes-kinnear-600x400

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 No-time-to-die-lashana-lynch-600x400

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 No-time-to-die-ana-de-armas-600x400

Stunning.

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 No-time-to-die-rami-malek-600x400

Same skin as Sanchez.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 10:40 pm

Looks like Craig is maintaining his signature pose. I wonder if they tried using that for any of his gun barrel poses.

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 Bondguns
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 12:14 am

Someone on Twitter is claiming Safin is one of Silva's surviving henchmen. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 8:28 am

The facial scarring a result of SPECTRE's base explosion, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 11:05 pm

Perhaps.

Also, just putting it out there: we know Vogel is returning in SP. Placing my bets on her being Madeleine's mother. It makes no sense which is why it's plausible.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 4:31 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
New production stills released:

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 No-time-to-die-ana-de-armas-600x400

Stunning.

Honestly surprised to see this. Didn't think EON was going to allow women to look beautiful anymore.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 5:51 am

Yeah. I keep waiting for the 300-pound Bond persons.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 1:39 am

laugh

Well I am surprised we got Moneypenny back, after Villiers replaced her in CR. They definitely were thinking of going that way until Mendes came along.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 2:46 am

That shot doesn't look like Anya in the Pyramids does it...
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 3:39 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:

I'mma go out on a limb here and say that Safin is the guy behind the mask that tries to kill young Madeline back in 1989. 30 years onward she's obviously aged, but for him he's slowed down the aging processes somehow, but the side affects to his process include his skin scaling like a lizard or a chameleon.

Bond dies at the end, but took some of the serum Safin is working on, leaving the hint of a suggestion in viewers minds that Bond was able to put off death by using whatever Safin is cooking in his labs. In order to allow Madeline to live life, he knows he has to let the world think he's dead so that they won't bother with her anymore.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 3:41 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
laugh

Well I am surprised we got Moneypenny back, after Villiers replaced her in CR. They definitely were thinking of going that way until Mendes came along.

Or maybe the actor's career took off and he wasn't available to play Villiers anymore. He is on a hit show right now. Or was. OUTLANDER on Starz.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 6:11 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:

I'mma go out on a limb here and say that Safin is the guy behind the mask that tries to kill young Madeline back in 1989. 30 years onward she's obviously aged, but for him he's slowed down the aging processes somehow, but the side affects to his process include his skin scaling like a lizard or a chameleon.

Bond dies at the end, but took some of the serum Safin is working on, leaving the hint of a suggestion in viewers minds that Bond was able to put off death by using whatever Safin is cooking in his labs. In order to allow Madeline to live life, he knows he has to let the world think he's dead so that they won't bother with her anymore.

There's definitely something about immortality in the trailer. Certainly a metaphor for the never ending Craig saga.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 5:48 pm

Bond dies at the end, but took some of the serum Safin is working on, leaving the hint of a suggestion in viewers minds that Bond was able to put off death by using whatever Safin is cooking in his labs.

Why not? It 'worked' in Star Trek Into Darkness...
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 1:10 am

AMC Hornet wrote:

Bond dies at the end, but took some of the serum Safin is working on, leaving the hint of a suggestion in viewers minds that Bond was able to put off death by using whatever Safin is cooking in his labs.

But every time the series hasstrayed into the edges of science fiction the producers have felt the need to pull back. With Roger it was FYEO, with Brosnan it was...not being brought back.

For Craig it would be somewhat of an outlier to have this film on his resume considering how close to reality they've tried to play his first four films. This one has the potential of not being at all like the others, but that may mean it's more entertaining.

I'm not minding Lynch playing 007..for right now since she came off as cool in the trailer. However, because of the enormous amount of pressure that is going to be put on this character, I doubt we are going to see her betray MI6 or Bond like Trevelyan did...or Frost. She'll probably be an earnest, straight-arrow, wise-beyond-her-years character that helps progress the James Bond character; IOW, she exists to expose all that's wrong with Bond to the world. She's in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation; if she dies to save Bond it'll be viewed as a black person having to sacrifice themselves to keep the white narrative alive. If she's a traitor the role will be criticized for reducing black actors to villains who are untrustworthy. If she sleeps with Bond or has any sort of romantic entanglement with him it'll be viewed as a cop-out to the LGBTQIA2+PD and feminist community who want to see a female character that doesn't compromise her sexuality in the presence of Bond. She can't just be a character who happens to be black, which is a bit unfair to the whole movie, but this is what EON has brought us to and there's no turning around and backing out.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 2:09 am

There's talk that Rami is really Dr No

I can't wait for them to cast AOC as Jaws
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 2:55 am

AMC Hornet wrote:

But every time the series hasstrayed into the edges of science fiction the producers have felt the need to pull back. With Roger it was FYEO, with Brosnan it was...not being brought back.

For Craig it would be somewhat of an outlier to have this film on his resume considering how close to reality they've tried to play his first four films. This one has the potential of not being at all like the others, but that may mean it's more entertaining.

I'm not minding Lynch playing 007..for right now since she came off as cool in the trailer. However, because of the enormous amount of pressure that is going to be put on this character, I doubt we are going to see her betray MI6 or Bond like Trevelyan did...or Frost. She'll probably be an earnest, straight-arrow, wise-beyond-her-years character that helps progress the James Bond character; IOW, she exists to expose all that's wrong with Bond to the world. She's in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation; if she dies to save Bond it'll be viewed as a black person having to sacrifice themselves to keep the white narrative alive. If she's a traitor the role will be criticized for reducing black actors to villains who are untrustworthy. If she sleeps with Bond or has any sort of romantic entanglement with him it'll be viewed as a cop-out to the LGBTQIA2+PD and feminist community who want to see a female character that doesn't compromise her sexuality in the presence of Bond. She can't just be a character who happens to be black, which is a bit unfair to the whole movie, but this is what EON has brought us to and there's no turning around and backing out.

Spot on. Of those options, I think it will be her death being the ultimate sacrifice to save Bond, which will see her as heroic. M will then have a painting installed in his office of Nomi which will haunt us for the next decade.

BC wrote:

There are certainly strong DN overtones in the trailer, his poster doesn't show his hands and in a recent interview, you can tell he lies about whether he's playing an existing character or not. Going by the marketing of the characters Naomie Harris and Christoph Waltz play in the lead up to Skyfall and Spectre, it is not outside the realm of possibility.

I don't think it will be a retelling of the Fleming's Doctor No novel as the film was, but using the character achieve a different goal.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 8:11 am

bitchcraft wrote:

It's one thing to bring back a recurring character like Blofeld (as bad as it was) but rebooting one-time villains would truly signal the series is out of puff.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 5:09 pm

AMC Hornet wrote:

Just so. This character will be a disaster, no matter how you slice it.

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 400px-Lald-ppk3

"Good thinkin', Babs."
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 6:22 pm

CJB wrote:
bitchcraft wrote:

It's one thing to bring back a recurring character like Blofeld (as bad as it was) but rebooting one-time villains would truly signal the series is out of puff.

I'm actually okay with rebooting old characters if they're done right. Blofeld was not done right. I don't think Dr.No has so captured the public's consciousness that the character is untouchable. If we can recast 007 we can recast a character from 1962.

I've had this odd idea in my head for years that EON should adapt NOBODY LIVES FOREVER and bring back some of the older villains in a free-for-all as different assassins or teams of villains try to bump each other off in order to capture 007 and claim the bounty. Sort of a rogue's gallery of past Bond villains out to claim the reward for bringing Bond's head to SPECTRE. Will never happen, but I can dream.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 7:09 pm

bitchcraft wrote:

I can't wait for them to cast AOC as Jaws

ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

No Time to Die (2020)
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next