More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

No Time to Die (2020)

Go down 
+19
Sarai
Perilagu Khan
Thunderpussy
Hilly
Blunt Instrument
hegottheboot
AMC Hornet
Walecs
CJB
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Badre
Fort Knox
Moore
Strangways&Quarrel
silvertoe
Napoleon Solo
Xenia93
bitchcraft
Makeshift Python
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 12:30 am

For me, it's No Time to Care at this point. Looking forward to Top Gun 2, Mission 7 and 8 and Bond 26.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 5:20 pm

Same, not even excited for it anymore after all the delays, at this point looking forward to moving on to the next era. I will definitely go see it, but probably the least excited I've been for a Bond film in a long time (doesn't help that it was preceded by SPECTRE.)

I always wondered how Bond fans felt during Roger's long tenure and I guess I know how it feels now! I'm hoping they go back to the more standard tenure lengths, but...considering how long it takes them to even make a new movie anymore I suspect we are either going to see long tenures like Craig or actors only doing 2 to 3 films tops.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 11:22 am

I know there was that EON statement after Amazon buying up MGM that they are committed to cinema releases, but it means that any future Bonds will end up as Prime 'content' after their cinema run and something tells me Amazon are gonna want them more frequently than every 4-5 years.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 10:39 am

We shall see if Bond films remain films rather than mere "content."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 1:55 pm

Moore wrote:
Same, not even excited for it anymore after all the delays, at this point looking forward to moving on to the next era. I will definitely go see it, but probably the least excited I've been for a Bond film in a long time (doesn't help that it was preceded by SPECTRE.)

Quite the turnaround after your post in this thread. Not that I blame you - though I'm not even sure I'd care to spend my money to go see it in theatres. Why support something that inherently fails on so many levels?

Moore wrote:
I always wondered how Bond fans felt during Roger's long tenure and I guess I know how it feels now! I'm hoping they go back to the more standard tenure lengths, but...considering how long it takes them to even make a new movie anymore I suspect we are either going to see long tenures like Craig or actors only doing 2 to 3 films tops.

The difference with Roger's era is that at least there was a frequent output and it wasn't so emotionally laboured.

But yes, a decade per actor is enough, unless they own the role and there's enough balance in their portrayals, a la Connery and Brosnan. Moore is too light (though his 80s films certainly challenge that notion) and, if it hadn't been for SF, Craig doesn't even qualify on the Bondian scale.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 11:07 am

UK premiere date now is now set as 28th September. Babs and Wilson have also said that even though Amazon now own MGM, a Bond TV show won't be happening.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 12:42 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
UK premiere date now is now set as 28th September. Babs and Wilson have also said that even though Amazon now own MGM, a Bond TV show won't be happening.

Good sign that they're not going to delay again.

Alas, I don't know if cinemas will even be open here so I probably won't see it til well after you chaps.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2021 9:38 am

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a37364732/no-time-to-die-uk-release-update-australia/

As expected, NTTD delayed in Australia until the 11th of November.

For our US/UK/EU members who'll see it in October: if Freddie Mercury is indeed Dr No, please don't blurt it out outside of the NTTD section... I'd like to be disappointed at the theatre, not in advance.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2021 12:31 pm

CJB wrote:
https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a37364732/no-time-to-die-uk-release-update-australia/

For our US/UK/EU members who'll see it in October: if Freddie Mercury is indeed Dr No, please don't blurt it out outside of the NTTD section... I'd like to be disappointed at the theatre, not in advance.

God, I really hope he is not, I couldn't stand it. Especially not in the movie after "Franz Oberhauser died twenty years ago, the man who's talking now is Ernst Stavro Blofeld".
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 3:57 am

It would be like the ultimate facepalming version of the mere suggestion that ended the Maibaum-Wilson 1986 prequel where once the origin tale concluded M sent Bond after Dr. No.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 10:51 am

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2572481/we-saw-brand-new-no-time-to-die-action-scene-daniel-craig-wow

I stopped reading for fear of spoilers, but it seems they were impressed.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 12:38 am

CJB wrote:

laugh

I just had a google myself and it looks like it might be brought forward to October 8 for us.

HGTB wrote:
It would be like the ultimate facepalming version of the mere suggestion that ended the Maibaum-Wilson 1986 prequel where once the origin tale concluded M sent Bond after Dr. No.

Nothing about the Maibaum/Wilson origin story really interested me, so I'm glad we ended up with TLD.

BI wrote:
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2572481/we-saw-brand-new-no-time-to-die-action-scene-daniel-craig-wow

I stopped reading for fear of spoilers, but it seems they were impressed.

I started reading it but stopped when I got a look at some of that awful dialogue:

Spoiler:

I literally groaned and closed the tab.

Last edited by Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang on Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:44 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 12:39 am

NTTD marks the first Bond film that's officially selected for a festival.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/james-bond-no-time-to-die-zurich-film-festival-1234823245/
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 12:32 am

Final trailer, tying the Craig films together:

Still holding onto Judi! Didn't think I'd hear another trailer with her lecturing Bond about trust and yet here we are. With Bond's line from CR06 ("00s have a very short life expectancy"), are they foreshadowing Craig-Bond's death? Leaves Nomi to save the day. What a great ending. Hilarious that the only clip from QOS was from the teaser trailer. I wonder why they still continue to shit on that film when it's just as bad as CR06 and SP. Not digging the Zimmer touch, I'm afraid. Sounds generic. There's a lot of awful sounding dialogue in this, not helped by Craig's overacted delivery. Again, what's with Craig's overacted hand gesture at around the 1.15m mark? And again: I. Don't. Buy. That. Bond. And. Madeleine. Are. In. Love. I don't care about these characters. I didn't back in 2015-- why should I care six years later? Case in point: Why the fuck would Bond allow those goons to get that close to the car and keep shooting. Sure, they might be bulletproof windows but they're quickly weakening. Again, reiterating what a dumb fucking cunt this guy is. Self indulgent, petulant and needlessly reckless-- all torn up over this girl who any blind person could see he wasn't in love with. Serves him right to be in a mess again. "00s have a short life expectancy?" Yeah, but with you, with actions like that, it'll be even shorter. Surprised it hasn't happened yet, frankly. Which puzzles even further why M is so concerned with Bond at the 1.43m mark. Don't these people learn he's a fucking twat? Anyway, back to that moment in the car. That is one goofy fucking 'ok' but I'm sure the Craig fan boys will blow a load about how gritty it is and then fantasise over hoping that's the response they get from him when they ask him to stick his dick into their arseholes. "Ok".

"If we don't do this, there will be nothing left to save" with the requisite phoney quiver in his voice. Get the fuck out. Where's Connery? "I have to finish this" PLEASE FUCKING DO. A beautiful end to the trailer  where Bond's in the backseat, with another character playing the active role in a series called 'James Bond'. That's exactly what I want to see in a James Bond movie.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 7:51 am

Wow. Seems odd that Aussies talk about whinging Poms, when you're not too shabby at it yourselves.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 8:54 am

Perhaps I just don't want to see myself represented onscreen.

wink
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 1:31 pm

I ain't a fan of all this Marvel-ish "it's all been leading to this!" crud. Is that really the sort of stuff that gets people excited about Bond movies?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 3:49 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Final trailer, tying the Craig films together:

Still holding onto Judi! Didn't think I'd hear another trailer with her lecturing Bond about trust and yet here we are. With Bond's line from CR06 ("00s have a very short life expectancy"), are they foreshadowing Craig-Bond's death? Leaves Nomi to save the day. What a great ending. Hilarious that the only clip from QOS was from the teaser trailer. I wonder why they still continue to shit on that film when it's just as bad as CR06 and SP. Not digging the Zimmer touch, I'm afraid. Sounds generic. There's a lot of awful sounding dialogue in this, not helped by Craig's overacted delivery. Again, what's with Craig's overacted hand gesture at around the 1.15m mark? And again: I. Don't. Buy. That. Bond. And. Madeleine. Are. In. Love. I don't care about these characters. I didn't back in 2015-- why should I care six years later? Case in point: Why the fuck would Bond allow those goons to get that close to the car and keep shooting. Sure, they might be bulletproof windows but they're quickly weakening. Again, reiterating what a dumb fucking cunt this guy is. Self indulgent, petulant and needlessly reckless-- all torn up over this girl who any blind person could see he wasn't in love with. Serves him right to be in a mess again. "00s have a short life expectancy?" Yeah, but with you, with actions like that, it'll be even shorter. Surprised it hasn't happened yet, frankly. Which puzzles even further why M is so concerned with Bond at the 1.43m mark. Don't these people learn he's a fucking twat? Anyway, back to that moment in the car. That is one goofy fucking 'ok' but I'm sure the Craig fan boys will blow a load about how gritty it is and then fantasise over hoping that's the response they get from him when they ask him to stick his dick into their arseholes. "Ok".

"If we don't do this, there will be nothing left to save" with the requisite phoney quiver in his voice. Get the fuck out. Where's Connery? "I have to finish this" PLEASE FUCKING DO. A beautiful end to the trailer  where Bond's in the backseat, with another character playing the active role in a series called 'James Bond'. That's exactly what I want to see in a James Bond movie.

Well, you could do as I do and simply not watch the film, although my reasons differ from yours. And if--mirabile dictu--NTtD actually turns out to be a decent film and not some obscene transmogrification of the Bondoverse, we can always see it later.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 12:50 am

CJB wrote:
I ain't a fan of all this Marvel-ish "it's all been leading to this!" crud. Is that really the sort of stuff that gets people excited about Bond movies?

Worst of all is that none of this was planned. And clearly it wasn't an important enough final chapter to tell if they were willing to shelve it in favour of Boyle's idea.

PK wrote:
Well, you could do as I do and simply not watch the film, although my reasons differ from yours. And if--mirabile dictu--NTtD actually turns out to be a decent film and not some obscene transmogrification of the Bondoverse, we can always see it later.

I don't want to watch it in cinemas.

The dichotomy I'm dealing with is that while I don't want to support this, as you say, obscene transmogrification of the Bondoverse, I'm hoping for a return to form with Bond 26 and a new lead actor, and means we have to demonstrate an appetite for Bond, particularly in this post-MeToo world. And one way to do that is through box office takings.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 10:47 am

Well ... on the one hand, disappointing box-office returns for previous films (Golden Gun and LTK, for example) didn't prevent more being made.

On the other, what with one thing and another NTTD is apparently going to have to take $900 million just to break even. Eep.

And FM, I dunno if it would make much difference to you but there is also a final, shorter international trailer. On the John Williams forum I'm on, it went down considerably better than that US one.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 3:12 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
CJB wrote:

Worst of all is that none of this was planned. And clearly it wasn't an important enough final chapter to tell if they were willing to shelve it in favour of Boyle's idea.

PK wrote:

I don't want to watch it in cinemas.

The dichotomy I'm dealing with is that while I don't want to support this, as you say, obscene transmogrification of the Bondoverse, I'm hoping for a return to form with Bond 26 and a new lead actor, and means we have to demonstrate an appetite for Bond, particularly in this post-MeToo world. And one way to do that is through box office takings.

Perhaps the best thing is for the Bond series to simply die before it evolves into something utterly repellent. Of course, with NTtD, it may have already done that.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 1:29 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:

Perhaps the best thing is for the Bond series to simply die before it evolves into something utterly repellent. Of course, with NTtD, it may have already done that.

I won't be surprised if NTTD bombs and this ends up happening, to be honest.

What's cinema attendance like in the non-locked down parts of the world anyway?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 3:07 pm

I don't know, CJB. But Hollywood is surely hurting. Thing is, they obviously have stacks of cash to float them for some time. Surely not indefinitely, though. The film industry could be one of the first casualties of the Kovid Kaptivity, I would think.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 04, 2021 3:10 am

Yes, I fear Covid has conditioned large swathes of the population into becoming massive homebodies. Physical workplaces are the first casualty with the rise of WFH (to the detriment of young people who'll miss out on face-to-face mentoring, networking, and having to work out of cramped apartments on their own dime); I suspect many restaurants will shift into primarily doing takeaway as people prefer to pay big mark-ups for the pleasure of chowing down in front of their TV; lastly and more relevantly, I don't see 'going out to the movies' being what it used to be, owing to both the rise of streaming services and my aforementioned rantings about the couch-potatoisation of society.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 05, 2021 3:44 am

They're going to have a hell of a time selling this, getting the rest of the world interested, finding a new path to continue, navigating the MGM-Amazon waters and starting over with new people and CEOs, navigating the modern streaming and dying theatrical landscape and so on and so on.

All they need to do is embrace Bond and understand what the series is. There is a reason why Cubby always used the example of Burroughs's Tarzan novels to describe the Bond films-audiences want new adventures in the same world NOT remaking the whole thing into something unrecognizable just to cater to fleeting trends that will be gone in a flash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

No Time to Die (2020)
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next