More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

No Time to Die (2020)

Go down 
+19
Sarai
Perilagu Khan
Thunderpussy
Hilly
Blunt Instrument
hegottheboot
AMC Hornet
Walecs
CJB
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Badre
Fort Knox
Moore
Strangways&Quarrel
silvertoe
Napoleon Solo
Xenia93
bitchcraft
Makeshift Python
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 05, 2021 8:51 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Final trailer, tying the Craig films together:

Still holding onto Judi! Didn't think I'd hear another trailer with her lecturing Bond about trust and yet here we are. With Bond's line from CR06 ("00s have a very short life expectancy"), are they foreshadowing Craig-Bond's death? Leaves Nomi to save the day. What a great ending. Hilarious that the only clip from QOS was from the teaser trailer. I wonder why they still continue to shit on that film when it's just as bad as CR06 and SP. Not digging the Zimmer touch, I'm afraid. Sounds generic. There's a lot of awful sounding dialogue in this, not helped by Craig's overacted delivery. Again, what's with Craig's overacted hand gesture at around the 1.15m mark? And again: I. Don't. Buy. That. Bond. And. Madeleine. Are. In. Love. I don't care about these characters. I didn't back in 2015-- why should I care six years later? Case in point: Why the fuck would Bond allow those goons to get that close to the car and keep shooting. Sure, they might be bulletproof windows but they're quickly weakening. Again, reiterating what a dumb fucking cunt this guy is. Self indulgent, petulant and needlessly reckless-- all torn up over this girl who any blind person could see he wasn't in love with. Serves him right to be in a mess again. "00s have a short life expectancy?" Yeah, but with you, with actions like that, it'll be even shorter. Surprised it hasn't happened yet, frankly. Which puzzles even further why M is so concerned with Bond at the 1.43m mark. Don't these people learn he's a fucking twat? Anyway, back to that moment in the car. That is one goofy fucking 'ok' but I'm sure the Craig fan boys will blow a load about how gritty it is and then fantasise over hoping that's the response they get from him when they ask him to stick his dick into their arseholes. "Ok".

"If we don't do this, there will be nothing left to save" with the requisite phoney quiver in his voice. Get the fuck out. Where's Connery? "I have to finish this" PLEASE FUCKING DO. A beautiful end to the trailer  where Bond's in the backseat, with another character playing the active role in a series called 'James Bond'. That's exactly what I want to see in a James Bond movie.

oh man, I am in tears, stomach hurts.....funniest post ever ROTFLMAO

I hope the movie is that horrible just to hear another rant like that. so worth it
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2021 3:47 pm

CJB wrote:
Yes, I fear Covid has conditioned large swathes of the population into becoming massive homebodies. Physical workplaces are the first casualty with the rise of WFH (to the detriment of young people who'll miss out on face-to-face mentoring, networking, and having to work out of cramped apartments on their own dime); I suspect many restaurants will shift into primarily doing takeaway as people prefer to pay big mark-ups for the pleasure of chowing down in front of their TV; lastly and more relevantly, I don't see 'going out to the movies' being what it used to be, owing to both the rise of streaming services and my aforementioned rantings about the couch-potatoisation of society.

It would appear somebody (or something), somewhere wants us as atomized as possible.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2021 3:49 pm

hegottheboot wrote:
They're going to have a hell of a time selling this, getting the rest of the world interested, finding a new path to continue, navigating the MGM-Amazon waters and starting over with new people and CEOs, navigating the modern streaming and dying theatrical landscape and so on and so on.

All they need to do is embrace Bond and understand what the series is. There is a reason why Cubby always used the example of Burroughs's Tarzan novels to describe the Bond films-audiences want new adventures in the same world NOT remaking the whole thing into something unrecognizable just to cater to fleeting trends that will be gone in a flash.

Good on Cubby. Contrast that with with Wilson who once said that "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is precisely the wrong approach to take with Bond.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2021 3:51 pm

Sarai wrote:

Still holding onto Judi! Didn't think I'd hear another trailer with her lecturing Bond about trust and yet here we are. With Bond's line from CR06 ("00s have a very short life expectancy"), are they foreshadowing Craig-Bond's death? Leaves Nomi to save the day. What a great ending. Hilarious that the only clip from QOS was from the teaser trailer. I wonder why they still continue to shit on that film when it's just as bad as CR06 and SP. Not digging the Zimmer touch, I'm afraid. Sounds generic. There's a lot of awful sounding dialogue in this, not helped by Craig's overacted delivery. Again, what's with Craig's overacted hand gesture at around the 1.15m mark? And again: I. Don't. Buy. That. Bond. And. Madeleine. Are. In. Love. I don't care about these characters. I didn't back in 2015-- why should I care six years later? Case in point: Why the fuck would Bond allow those goons to get that close to the car and keep shooting. Sure, they might be bulletproof windows but they're quickly weakening. Again, reiterating what a dumb fucking cunt this guy is. Self indulgent, petulant and needlessly reckless-- all torn up over this girl who any blind person could see he wasn't in love with. Serves him right to be in a mess again. "00s have a short life expectancy?" Yeah, but with you, with actions like that, it'll be even shorter. Surprised it hasn't happened yet, frankly. Which puzzles even further why M is so concerned with Bond at the 1.43m mark. Don't these people learn he's a fucking twat? Anyway, back to that moment in the car. That is one goofy fucking 'ok' but I'm sure the Craig fan boys will blow a load about how gritty it is and then fantasise over hoping that's the response they get from him when they ask him to stick his dick into their arseholes. "Ok".

"If we don't do this, there will be nothing left to save" with the requisite phoney quiver in his voice. Get the fuck out. Where's Connery? "I have to finish this" PLEASE FUCKING DO. A beautiful end to the trailer  where Bond's in the backseat, with another character playing the active role in a series called 'James Bond'. That's exactly what I want to see in a James Bond movie.

I hope the movie is that horrible just to hear another rant like that. so worth it    

I do believe somebody put gunpowder in KKBB's vegemite. Now where one would acquire gunpowder in Straya, I couldn't possibly say.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 10:19 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:

It would appear somebody (or something), somewhere wants us as atomized as possible.

The neoliberal ideal appears to be squishing inftantilised adults into studio apartments where they can WFH in perpetuity and, when it comes time to clock off, they can fire up the 'Flix for hours of endless dross and order a $30 Pad Thai to be delivered to their door by an underpaid visa-holder on a pushbike.

Not meaning that as a personal slight against anyone. Lord knows I've been there, done that.

Perilagu Khan wrote:

I do believe somebody put gunpowder in KKBB's vegemite. Now where one would acquire gunpowder in Straya, I couldn't possibly say.

Don't know about gunpowder, but I've always enjoyed cheese and Vegemite toasties (grilled cheese in American parlance), albeit my preferred brand of cheese was recently outed as being racist.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 4:42 pm

CJB wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

The neoliberal ideal appears to be squishing inftantilised adults into studio apartments where they can WFH in perpetuity and, when it comes time to clock off, they can fire up the 'Flix for hours of endless dross and order a $30 Pad Thai to be delivered to their door by an underpaid visa-holder on a pushbike.

Not meaning that as a personal slight against anyone. Lord knows I've been there, done that.

Perilagu Khan wrote:

Don't know about gunpowder, but I've always enjoyed cheese and Vegemite toasties (grilled cheese in American parlance), albeit my preferred brand of cheese was recently outed as being racist.

Racist cheese? Lemme guess--Old Croc White Supremacist Cheddar.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 9:49 am

"A cheese with real bite, if you're white."

Get Don Draper to put that in a jingle...

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 3:30 pm

"Old Croc--savor the whiteness in every bite."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 1:57 am

Found our new BAB banner:

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 24163610

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Sarai wrote:

There's more where that came from, let me tell you.

CJB wrote:

laugh

A fucking joke.  
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 7:42 am

Found our new BAB banner:

No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 24163610

Recently divorced middle manager doing sex tourism in Bangkok kinda vibe.
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2021 6:40 am

Wonder how many different forms that on-set sexiness officer made Craig sign before he nestled in there for the shot.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 18, 2021 12:41 pm

Well, that's me booked for the 1:20 showing at my local Odeon on its first day (Sep 30th). My current work arrangements see me in the office on mornings only, luckily.
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 8:19 pm

Did anyone manage to listen to the "leaked" soundtrack before it was taken down?

I got through about half before I decided to go to bed. Woke up and saw link was now dead. Lasted longer than I figured.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 10:43 pm

Apparently someone recorded the tracks before it was taken down, I was sent a link with an archive containing all tracks.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 11:17 pm

Long time no see, Walecs.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 11:50 pm

Good to see you Walecs. Boy, been an age since I've seen some of you chaps' faces.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 2:04 pm

An early Birthday present will see me at a 5 past midnight showing .
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 2:17 pm

Thank you guys.
I never left! I've just been lurking around as I've recently moved and found a new job, so I had no time to die talk.
As for the movie, I've got a midnight ticket for next Thursday! Fingers crossed that it's good! :D
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 3:39 pm

Crossed fingers likely won't suffice. You'd best pray upon the holy cross for this one not to be a stink-bomb.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2021 9:33 pm

Seems the Evening Standard went a bit OTT on Bond today. So make of some of this what you will.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/no-time-to-die-sean-connery-james-bond-007-rapist-b956876.html

https://www.standard.co.uk/culture/film/james-bond-quiz-007-no-time-to-die-b955021.html

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/daniel-craig-james-bond-honorary-commander-royal-navy-b956992.html

saw folk on twit saying about the lattermost, what about the other Bonds? What about men who join the RN hoping to be a three ringer? Well, I hope at the very least Sir Roger is posthumously promoted to Third Sea Lord.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 12:52 am

Fukunaga did a Hollywood Reporter interview and in it he misremembers the Shrublands scene, claims it's just "no no no, yes yes yes", can't remember if it was GF or TB-and then applies a rapist label to Connery's Bond. Now it's being requoted and treated as if it were news.
https://www.indiewire.com/2021/09/cary-fukunaga-sean-connery-bond-rapist-1234666901/

Of all the insulting, infuriating things. I could understand having issues with the barn scene in GF, but to ignore all the context and innuendos of the TB scene and apply that label is infuriating.
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 4:28 am

Really whetting the appetite for NTTD there. Glad to see they've gotten another Artist involved who is in no way a fan of the films or the literary material they're sourced from. At this point I shudder to think what the last two decades would be like if Purvis and Wade weren't around.

Quote :
I could understand having issues with the barn scene in GF, but to ignore all the context and innuendos of the TB scene and apply that label is infuriating.

Sexual maturity in wider culture has regressed massively since the time of TB. No one with a working brain actually thinks they've witnessed non-consensual sex in a Bond pic (OK, OK, maybe when May Day mounted Rog) - but I mean not if you can pass even the most basic of intelligence tests, like "I have this letter, please mail it" or "Find the pineapple I have hidden under your couch cushion." Like basic, basic function stuff.

Cary's phone bill might make for interesting reading being he's under the impression sex is a verbal adventure instead of 99% nonverbal. Of course he has to ignore 99% of the film's dialogue between Bond and Molly to reach this conclusion ("Any time, James. Any place." What a sicko, this Bond, really did a number on her).

I can't remember quite what but Ovid did have something to say about how deploying every rhetorical trick in the art of love was fair. Then again Ovid is thousands of years ago and this TB scene is only sixty years old, so Ovid must be exponentially more rapist.

Golly, maybe even as much as Ian Fleming.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:39 am

Somerset wrote:
Really whetting the appetite for NTTD there. Glad to see they've gotten another Artist involved who is in no way a fan of the films or the literary material they're sourced from. At this point I shudder to think what the last two decades would be like if Purvis and Wade weren't around.

True, I've been complaining about them a lot, but it seems like they're the only ones at EON who actually know their source material. I also seem to understand that changing Blofeld's real name (Stockmann) to Oberhauser was their idea, since Mendes and Logan really wanted to go with the "brother angle" and they at least tried to give it a sense (as little as they could with such hideous an idea) by tying it to Fleming.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 2:27 pm

Somerset wrote:

Sexual maturity in wider culture has regressed massively since the time of TB. No one with a working brain actually thinks they've witnessed non-consensual sex in a Bond pic

Yes indeed. Maturity in all manner of things, really.

Disappointing that Fuk' has thrown vegan imitation-meat to the braying mobs, but I guess he's gotta do what he's gotta do for a paycheque.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 4:35 pm

Somerset wrote:

Quote :
I could understand having issues with the barn scene in GF, but to ignore all the context and innuendos of the TB scene and apply that label is infuriating.

Sexual maturity in wider culture has regressed massively since the time of TB. No one with a working brain actually thinks they've witnessed non-consensual sex in a Bond pic (OK, OK, maybe when May Day mounted Rog) - but I mean not if you can pass even the most basic of intelligence tests, like "I have this letter, please mail it" or "Find the pineapple I have hidden under your couch cushion." Like basic, basic function stuff.

Cary's phone bill might make for interesting reading being he's under the impression sex is a verbal adventure instead of 99% nonverbal. Of course he has to ignore 99% of the film's dialogue between Bond and Molly to reach this conclusion ("Any time, James. Any place." What a sicko, this Bond, really did a number on her).

I can't remember quite what but Ovid did have something to say about how deploying every rhetorical trick in the art of love was fair. Then again Ovid is thousands of years ago and this TB scene is only sixty years old, so Ovid must be exponentially more rapist.

Golly, maybe even as much as Ian Fleming.

Spot on, Somerset. Alas, entire oceans have gone under the bridge since 1965. In those days the Western world was still overwhelmingly rational and normal. Nowadays, irrationality and transgression are the rule. And one form of transgression is to pathologize heterosexuality whilst valorizing perversion and deviance. Fukununga, or whatever the hell his name is, is simply a product of these demented times. Bond will also bend the knee to the madness, if he hasn't already in NTtD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die (2020)   No Time to Die (2020) - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

No Time to Die (2020)
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next