More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Bond 23 Press Conference

Go down 
+27
tiffanywint
Lazenby.
Control
Santa
Louis Armstrong
6of1
G section
MBalje
The White Tuxedo
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
saint mark
Perilagu Khan
Fort Knox
doubleoego
lachesis
Jack Wade
dr. strangelove
CJB
FourDot
Largo's Shark
j7wild
Napoleon Solo
GeneralGogol
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
Chief of SIS
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Chief of SIS
'R'
'R'
Chief of SIS

Bond 23 Press Conference Empty
PostSubject: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 3:56 am

Lovely lads over at MI6-HQ are reporting that a press conference is coming next month.

Fans rejoice.

Link
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:26 am

Nice to hear something official for once. Still, do they HAVE to wait to officially reveal the title? Seems like EON is intent keeping everything in a closed lid until press conference.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:56 am

Oh! Exciting stuff! :D

Aside from the title, what else do they confirm? Were Olga and Gemma confirmed last time?
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:59 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Aside from the title, what else do they confirm?

Probably a brief plot synopsys, the major cast and crew members, and locations.
Back to top Go down
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:09 pm

FieldsMan wrote:

Aside from the title, what else do they confirm? Were Olga and Gemma confirmed last time?

Eon acts like it's still 1965 and Bond is the biggest thing in popular entertainment. It's not an apples-to-apples comparison (because we're talking about movie vs. televison series) but CBS uses social media (You Tube, Twitter) as part of its Hawaii Five-0 marketing. The Avengers (the 2012 Marvel comic book movie not the '60s television series) has had teaser posters in theaters for a couple of months even though the film won't be out until May 2012. Marvel will also be providing some initial footage at a comic book convention before the end of the year.

Eon hasn't embraced such techniques. Some Bond fans don't like the subject even being raised.
Back to top Go down
Chief of SIS
'R'
'R'
Chief of SIS

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 11:20 pm

Napoleon Solo wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:

Eon acts like it's still 1965 and Bond is the biggest thing in popular entertainment. It's not an apples-to-apples comparison (because we're talking about movie vs. televison series) but CBS uses social media (You Tube, Twitter) as part of its Hawaii Five-0 marketing. The Avengers (the 2012 Marvel comic book movie not the '60s television series) has had teaser posters in theaters for a couple of months even though the film won't be out until May 2012. Marvel will also be providing some initial footage at a comic book convention before the end of the year.

Eon hasn't embraced such techniques. Some Bond fans don't like the subject even being raised.

I don't think it needs those marketing things. I mean 007 has been around a long time. It's not the fact that EON thinks they're hot stuff. It's the idea that they know they have a well known product. Throw three numbers together and everyone knows what you're talking about. Ask an everyday person who the Avengers are, you are going to get a few head-scratches. A press-conference is a low cost, soft introduction. They don't need anything of high production value. The news will willingly come to them. Ingenious if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 11:35 pm

Chief of SIS wrote:
Napoleon Solo wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:

I don't think it needs those marketing things. I mean 007 has been around a long time. It's not the fact that EON thinks they're hot stuff. It's the idea that they know they have a well known product. Throw three numbers together and everyone knows what you're talking about. Ask an everyday person who the Avengers are, you are going to get a few head-scratches. A press-conference is a low cost, soft introduction. They don't need anything of high production value. The news will willingly come to them. Ingenious if you ask me.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Twitter accounts don't cost anything, either. Nor does YouTube.

Back to top Go down
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 11:42 pm

Put another way: some specific new marketing methods might not be right for Bond. Appearing at the big comic-book conventions may not work (it certainly didn't help Cowboys And Aliens, for example). But it'd be nice if there were some signs Eon had at least *thought* about whether it was time to update its marketing plan, as opposed to "we've always done it this way, we'll always do it this way."

The one time Eon showed *any* willingness to update its approach were the October 1994/November 1995 fan conventions it put on using the company that does Star Trek conventions. Once GoldenEye was out, Eon seems to have concluded it could go back to the old way and hasn't looked back since.(This isn't to say that's the right approach for 2011/2012, but it was the one time Eon deviated),. Maybe that's ingenious. Maybe it's merely force of habit.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:05 am

maybe Michael and Barbara need to be replaced so we can get new people with fresh, up to date, 21st century marketing ideas
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:10 pm

News is about that it will take place on November 3rd.

https://www.facebook.com/mi6.co.uk/posts/10150331590861863
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:38 am

Best thing about living in the US is getting to wake up to the Bond news in the morning.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:15 am

I was elated to hear that the press conference is less than a week away, but ithe joy declined quickly when I re-read the possibility of Naomie Harris' involvement. Please don't let it be true!

Well, let me rephrase that. I will be indifferent if she is a Bond girl. As Moneypenny - I will be relatively disappointed.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:57 am

FieldsMan wrote:
As Moneypenny - I will be relatively disappointed.

Why?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:33 am

Because Moneypenny is traditionally a white character and I'd prefer if they'd keep it that way. I know people will bring up Felix Leiter in CR and QOS, but I also don't really like Wright as Leiter either. Nothing against the actors, by the way.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:22 am

Uh oh, you just breached s. 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act. You'll be hauled off before Mordy Bromberg for that!
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:40 am

I'd understand the complaint if ethnicity was something fundamentally important about the character, but in Moneypenny and Leiter's case, it isn't. In fact, I'd probably think that it was more important with Leiter.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:58 am

I'd say both Leiter and Moneypenny aren't important as characters anyway. Moneypenny was just an excuse for some banter in the London scenes the books didn't have in that form originally. And Leiter from the books wasn't Leiter from the films because they didn't want another character stealing the show. The most important scenes any Leiter had were QOS's where he had to fight a corrupt superior to protect Bond but that's about it. As supporting acts both Moneypenny and Leiter can come in whatever form they like, I don't care. Much more important to me is a good story made into a good film.
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 4:36 pm

This is great news. Any idea what time this will take place in the UK?

I'm very curious to hear what Mendes has to say, particularly about his influences for the film. I'm also very interested to see the official cast list, especially who the Bond girls are and what Fiennes role in the film is (if any).

Hopefully these reporters will ask some real questions. I don't want to hear crap like "Will Daniel be wearing a bathing suit again?"
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:57 pm

dr. strangelove wrote:
This is great news. Any idea what time this will take place in the UK?[/i]
Starts at 11:45 a.m.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 3:18 pm

Fingers crossed that the announcement won't be 'This time it's personal!'
Back to top Go down
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:44 pm

lachesis wrote:
Fingers crossed that the announcement won't be 'This time it's personal!'

The unofficial slogan should be, "This time it's not personal!"
Back to top Go down
doubleoego

doubleoego

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:11 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
dr. strangelove wrote:

Channel??
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 7:19 pm

doubleoego wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:
dr. strangelove wrote:

Channel??

On here, if someone can suggest a way to stream it. :?:
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:57 pm

M wrote:
doubleoego wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:
dr. strangelove wrote:

Channel??

On here, if someone can suggest a way to stream it. :?:

Didn't we find a way to broadcast the QoS conference live over at KTBEU? I remember watching it as it was going on.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:11 am

I remember the crazy Oscars thread back in February this year on KTBEU. We kept trying to watch it on various streaming sites, as they were being taken down one by one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 Press Conference   Bond 23 Press Conference Empty

Back to top Go down

Bond 23 Press Conference
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next