More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread

Go down 
+15
Xenia93
Moore
Largo's Shark
lachesis
Gravity's Silhouette
bitchcraft
Salomé
Prisoner Monkeys
dr. strangelove
Control
Blunt Instrument
CJB
Makeshift Python
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Jack Wade
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 10:36 am

https://twitter.com/007/status/539725326117793792

Title and cast will be revealed at the press conference, according to MI6. Will be live-streamed starting at 11 a.m. GMT.

Live stream:

Embedded link:

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 11:03 am

Just came to post this... Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 11:03 am

That's 3AM in my area, thankfully I'm off that day so I'll just stay up late.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 11:05 am

It's 10pm Aussie time for myself, PM and CJB I believe (if you're Melbs, Sydney and Tassie).
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 11:07 am

My body is ready.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 12:17 pm

Helga will be on fluffing duties to help keep Python up.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 5:02 pm

I'm hearing reports of Hillary Swank being cast.

No complaints.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 7:45 pm

Superb, Mr Bond. Superb.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 8:04 pm

I read a rumor that Sylvia Trench might return. A character I wouldn't mind seeing again, so long as she's as good looking as Eunice Gayson in the 60s.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 8:09 pm

Monica Bellucci has been linked to a role in the film. Again. She's been mentioned for just about every recent film (though I don't recall her been named in association with QOS or SF), but I could see her as Trench.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 8:22 pm

She's 50. The target audience wouldn't like that.

Though, I wouldn't mind.

Last edited by Control on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 10:05 pm

I certainly wouldn't complain. Bellucci was absolutely slammin' during her heyday, and now at 50, she's still pretty damn sexy.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 10:20 pm

Nah I would rather leave Sylvia Trench alone to be honest. She was great in DN and FRWL and want to leave it that way.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 1:14 am

Control wrote:
She's 50. The target audience wouldn't like that.

Though, I wouldn't mind.
I wouldn't mind it, either. I think she would do well as Sylvia Trench, but not in a really prominent role.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 7:59 am

This time three years ago we were getting hints about Berenice Marhloe being the second Bond Girl in addition to Naomi Harris. This time around, we've not gotten any credible leads that I can see as to who will play the 2nd Bond Girl, if there is one. Lea is one of the Bond Girls, but who is potentially the other?

I rule out Penelope Cruz,Hillary Spank, and Rhianna. But I wouldn't be surprised if EON pulls a huge, big name actress out of the bag; an a-list actress no one was expecting. Maybe Scarlett Johannson? Charlize Theron? I say that because it's been oddly quiet on the "2nd Bond Girl front". Not a whole lot of whispers or rumors. We've gotten lots of info about villains and henchmen, but not about the 2nd Girl.

Then again, maybe there is none. Maybe Bond is a one woman man this time around. Maybe Lea Seydoux is playing Tracy to Christopher Waltz' Blofeld. Maybe this is a soft-reboot of OHMSS.

I'm glad to be getting our first Blonde Girl since Rosamund in DAD. It would be tits if we had two Blonde Girls this time around.

For potential titles I could live with:
ICEBREAKER
NOBODY LIVES FOREVER
FOR SPECIAL SERVICES
DEVIL MAY CARE (possibly the best of the lot)
EVERYTHING OR NOTHING

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 8:10 am

The fact that Bellucci was never asked is a travesty. It would have both been cashing in on her popularity as well as honoring a long tradition in casting European/Italian women in Bond girl roles.

I would only applaud it if they make up for this oversight in the next installment.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 8:56 am

I doubt that they will bring Tracy back in the first film featuring Blofeld. The tragedy of Tracy's death has its origins in THUNDERBALL. Blofeld would need to be an established character first.

Also, the early reports on locations suggested that the secondary Bond girl was going to be Norwegian, but the part was rewritten and Seydoux cast in the role was Norway was dropped in favour of Austria. The only reports I have seen about Seydoux suggest she is in the film, but I haven't seen any confirmation that she is the primary or secondary Bond girl.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 12:37 pm

I can't really think we're looking to a Tracy/OHMSS style connection only three films clear of Vesper/CR....we may be in the midst of the most intensively emo and wallowing conceited era of Bond but surely that would be more than just a tad excessive.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 1:26 pm

The Mirror has thrown Andrew Scott into the mix.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bond-24-villain-revealed-sherlock-4733030

Don't think Gravy's going to like him.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 1:53 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:

ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:

Can't say I'm too keen either...
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 2:42 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:

Can't say I'm too keen either...

What's wrong with him? I've never heard of him. Never seen anything he's in. Is he mean to his mother? Hurts animals? I don't get why I'm supposed to care one way or the other that he's allegedly in the film.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Meh everyone was gushing about his Moriarty but I felt it was one of the weakest elements of Sherlock, not that I really felt that was down to him. As ever it's all in the writing Mads Mikkelson, Matheiu Amalric, Javier Bardem were all good choices but thanks to spotty writing only one in three managed to stand out imo. The biggest danger here is the focus being split to Waltz might leave high and dry (seeing as P&W's standard tactic to make someone look good is to write someone else as a blithering idiot - How does Bond find these things out? You mean the simple spying stuff mame?).
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 8:57 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 9:05 pm

Who's the harmless/armless chick, Shark?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread   Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Bond 24 Press Conference Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next