More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Issue of Racism in America

Go down 
+27
Salomé
Largo's Shark
Gravity's Silhouette
Lazenby.
Fort Knox
Hilly
Blunt Instrument
Chief of SIS
Prisoner Monkeys
GeneralGogol
Control
TedHeath
FG Wells
CJB
Prince Kamal Khan
Loomis
Makeshift Python
colly
Jack Wade
Santa
Perilagu Khan
Vesper
j7wild
The White Tuxedo
bitchcraft
saint mark
tiffanywint
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:41 pm

'Someone'?

You could've scrolled up a little, you lazy SOB ;) .
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
'Someone'?

You could've scrolled up a little, you lazy SOB ;) .

Quite correct. I am lazy.

And here's a new race-related story making the rounds:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/should-negro-be-used-historic-marker/nNzyX/

My problem with the intention of Stuart Fleming is that taxpayer money will have to be used to scrub the word "Negro" from a historical monument PUT UP BY OTHER NEGROS simply because Stuart Fleming feels the word "Negro" is antiquated and has been used in a derogatory way over the years. And what happens when, in 2062, the word "African-American" has been abused and sullied and associated with insults and derision? Will "African-American" be changed to something else?

It's like "retarded". People wanted to get rid of retarded because the word had been misused. Then it became "handicapped". Then it became "learning disabilities". Then it became "special needs". Now it's "alternately schooled". Just like having an "F" on a test went from meaning "failure" to "incomplete success".

We can keep changing words around every decade if we want, but they will never quite lose their meaning. People will always find a way to insult someone else no matter how much we try to avoid it.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:10 pm

I am NOT touching this thread.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:47 am

"You Might Be a Racist," Bond-Style

From Kiss KissBang! Bang! by Alan Barnes and Marcus Hearn

Page 33, talking about the use of Red Chinese in Goldfinger's Ft. Knox sequence, "The only seriously discordant note struck by the film, this token use of communist villains smacks of American brow-beating and, sadly, anti-Oriental triumphalism."

:roll:
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:55 am

I own that book, it's an entertaining read.

But i'm able to accept the Red Chinese as the bankrollers of Goldfinger's scheme as a product of the times ... and anyway, who the hell takes GF seriously?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:59 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
"You Might Be a Racist," Bond-Style

From Kiss KissBang! Bang! by Alan Barnes and Marcus Hearn

Page 33, talking about the use of Red Chinese in Goldfinger's Ft. Knox sequence, "The only seriously discordant note struck by the film, this token use of communist villains smacks of American brow-beating and, sadly, anti-Oriental triumphalism."

Yeah, because everybody was paying more attention to Bond triumphing over the Orientals than to Pussy Galore.

Seriously, people like Alan Barnes and Marcus Hearn make me want to vomit. Who should have bankrolled Goldfinger?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:17 am

laugh
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:01 pm

I can't wait to hear what they have to say about LALD. Bloody hell.

But I do agree, BI, that it is an entertaining and informative read.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:27 pm

NJ man sues Wal-Mart for $1M over racist remark

Wal-Mart is being sued for $1 million by a man who claims he was traumatized by a racist comment made over an intercom at a southern New Jersey store two years ago.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-05/D9UPATAG2.htm

In case anyone forgot what the "racist remark" was, it involved a then 16-year-old kid getting access to Walmart's intercom system and asking all black people to leave.

Whatever happened to "we shall overcome"? The guy hears something inappropriate, suffers emotional distress, physical disability, and needs restitution to the tune of $1 million dollars?
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:03 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
[We need to send some of those red-blooded conservatives with their lynchin' rope to stop these tolerant, pussy liberals.
That's deep Wade. :roll: I like the part about "tolerant" liberals. laugh
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Welcome back, Tiffy!
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:18 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:
[We need to send some of those red-blooded conservatives with their lynchin' rope to stop these tolerant, pussy liberals.
I forgot that nobody has a sense of humor.

And you can't say with a straight face that liberals are less tolerant than conservatives.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:

And you can't say with a straight face that liberals are less tolerant than conservatives.

Ummm, yes he can. Liberals are far less tolerant of others with differing points of view, which is what makes the modern-day liberal's position all the more interesting, because their constant pleas for "diversity" and "tolerance" of others only is meant to include people based on factors such as race and sexual orientation (which people may not have much control over), not actual ideas. They don't want diversity of ideas, unless the diversity of ideas all include the same goal, but different methodologies of getting to that goal. Otherwise, if you don't agree with a liberal, you are racist, homophobic, a hater, engaging in hate speech, are waging a war on women, etc...

Conservatives don't pretend to be as "tolerant" as liberals, therefore the burden of proof is much different for them. More conservatives stood up for Juan Williams, a liberal, when he was booted from NPR, than did fellow-liberals. It was amazing how many conservatives and libertarians rallied around Bob Beckel at Fox News when Bob thought he was going to be fired. Did you see that same concern from fellow liberals? I don't recall seeing any liberals upset with MSNBC for firing Pat Buchanan, whose viewpoints should definitely be "tolerated" because it is unpopular speech.

Popular speech doesn't need protection. It's unpopular, contrarian speech that needs protection, but liberals are rarely to be found.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:14 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:

Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:41 am

Jack Wade wrote:

I can, with the straightest of mugs.

Recently a board member of the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission was presured to step down because he publicly opposed gay marriage, even though gay marriage doesn't exist in Victoria or any other corner of Australia. The relentless vitriol and harassment poured on anyone - sportspeople, journalists, politicians - who don't wish to see marriage redefined is a shining example of "liberal tolerance" in this country and elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:08 am

Trayvon Martin had traces of marijuana in his system

(Reuters) - Florida teenage shooting victim Trayvon Martin had traces of marijuana in his system when he was killed by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, according to case documents released on Thursday.

The medical examiner's report was among nearly 200 pages and several audio recordings released in connection with the February 26 shooting, which triggered civil rights protests across the United States and ignited debates over guns, self-defense laws and race relations in America.

More at:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/18/us-usa-florida-shooting-idUSBRE84G1HF20120518

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I brought this up a few weeks ago and, with the new development that Trayvon did indeed have illegal drugs in his system, I just want to know: how can we be sure that Trayvon wasn't up to something suspicious that night?

Zimmerman tells the police that Trayvon was 'acting suspicious...he looks like he's on drugs or something' .....and now we know for a fact that Trayvon was. So maybe the rest of what George Zimmerman saw was accurate as well. What was Trayvon doing at that time of the night that led Zimmerman to believe he might be scoping out cars or apartments to rob?

I think it's a fair question. We can' t simply accept the media's line that Trayvon was an angelic-faced cherub who was innocently skipping his way back from a convenience store with Skittles and iced tea, and with hope in his heart and dreams in his head.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:18 am

It's just marijuana. Hardly enough to make him violent and worth being shot. How exactly do you look "suspicious" if you're high on weed?

I can see Zimmerman getting off on this because I don't see enough here to prove he's guilty without a doubt. Still though, I think shooting the kid was incredibly excessive.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:19 am

Jack Wade wrote:

Actually I don't give a crap. It's a stupid discussion. What kind of moron runs around squawking about how more tolerant they are anyway? Answer: only a "brain-dead liberal," to quote David Mamet.
And bye the bye, since when is 'tolerance" an ipso facto virtue? There is plenty in this world that men-and-women-of-good-will should be intolerant of.

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Welcome back, Tiffy!
Hello Khan! Hope all is well in the lone-star state. The baseball team (Rangers) I see is off to another good start.
I'm excitedly counting down the days to Bond 23! :*sm*:
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:00 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
It's just marijuana. Hardly enough to make him violent and worth being shot.

True. But it's yet another chink (Did I say that?) in the saintly armor the media fitted for Martin. The more we learn about that kid, the more he seems like a hoodlum starter kit.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:01 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:

And bye the bye, since when is 'tolerance" an ipso facto virtue? There is plenty in this world that men-and-women-of-good-will should be intolerant of.

So true. And it's a point made far too seldom.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
But it's yet another chink (Did I say that?)...

Banned for racism.

;) laugh
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:09 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
It's just marijuana. Hardly enough to make him violent and worth being shot. How exactly do you look "suspicious" if you're high on weed?

I can see Zimmerman getting off on this because I don't see enough here to prove he's guilty without a doubt. Still though, I think shooting the kid was incredibly excessive.

Not suggesting that Trayvon was violent because he was on marijuana, but his behavior may have been influenced because of being on drugs. We know paranoia and drug addiction tend to go together. I mean, is it a complete coincidence that Zimmerman said in the 911 call that the kid was acting like he was on drugs, and then he turned out to actually be on drugs?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Barnes and Hearn's little dig at LALD:

"Plus, it seems, everyone of colour everywhere, bar token good guys Strutter and Quarrel, the only two blacks in this film not in Kananga's pocket. This film sends out a very clear message indeed--and it's none too palatable, either."

Atrocious writing aside, what the hell do these two idiots want? Integrated, multicultural gangs? Maybe they need to hang out with the Crips and Bloods awhile in order to experience their embrace of diversity.

And here's a tasty little morsel of PC regarding DAF:

"Wint's obvious pleasure at having Bond crush his genitals with the Bombe Surprise is disappointing."

And who says the PC don't have a rollicking good sensayuma?

With bozos like this badgering the Bond series, I guess it's little wonder we've seen PC trespass on the Bondosphere over the last 17 years.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Dennis Miller's defence against anyone calling him a racist for not sharing the mad vision-for-America of King Obama.

"I tell them I only disagree with Obama's white half" :)

Perilagu Khan wrote:
And who says the PC don't have a rollicking good sensayuma?

They are a regular laugh riot!

Quote :
With bozos like this badgering the Bond series, I guess it's little wonder we've seen PC trespass on the Bondosphere over the last 17 years.
But all is cyclical, so when the pc threatens to destroy the series, as it does everything else, there should be a correction, and Bond should be back to his regular self. I predict this.

There will be a new golden age of Bond. The post DC era.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Issue of Racism in America   The Issue of Racism in America - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Issue of Racism in America
Page 13 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next