More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme

Go down 
+18
Hilly
Blunt Instrument
Perilagu Khan
Prisoner Monkeys
CJB
dr. strangelove
Control
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Jack Wade
Gravity's Silhouette
Louis Armstrong
Harmsway
bitchcraft
Largo's Shark
Loomis
Makeshift Python
Vesper
jet set willy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 4:54 pm

Well, Amblerious, given your "location" statement, I'm afraid I will have to decline.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Perhaps Adele could do a cover of Sade's Smooth Operator. I always consider that a Bond song in everything but name.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:02 pm

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/76363/Adele-Working-On-James-Bond-Skyfall-Theme-Tune-
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:25 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/76363/Adele-Working-On-James-Bond-Skyfall-Theme-Tune-

Forbes also claimed insider knowledge of this 5 days ago. Unless she shows up at the studio spaced out like Amy Whorehouse it's practically a given.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:48 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:

Forbes also claimed insider knowledge of this 5 days ago. Unless she shows up at the studio spaced out like Amy Whorehouse it's practically a given.
Sharky's link quotes Forbes, but alas, I agree. At this point, no reason to really believe it's anyone else but Adele.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 11:42 pm

Because everybody believed that Amy Winehouse was going to perform the QUANTUM OF SOLACE theme in circumstances that were almost identical to these?
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 11:52 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Because everybody believed that Amy Winehouse was going to perform the QUANTUM OF SOLACE theme in circumstances that were almost identical to these?

Amy Whorehouse had the gig but kept fucking up in front of (producer) Mark Ronson. They were both actually working on the theme in his studio in Oxfordshire.

Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:04 am

I know. But a lot of people assumed that it was a given that she would be performing the theme, even in spite of her behavior. At the time, I cannot recall any other artist who was believed to be preparing a theme.

I'm just pointing out that, during this point in production for QUANTUM OF SOLACE, a lot of people thought that it was a given that Amy Winehouse would perform the theme. We don't know how close she actually came to having her theme accepted, but there are parallels between Winehouse and QOS and Adele with SF. I certainly wouldn't assume Adele will be performing the theme simply because she is the only person named in connection to it. History had taught us that much.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:09 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
I know. But a lot of people assumed that it was a given that she would be performing the theme, even in spite of her behavior.

That was her Achilles' heel, but what has Adele got going against her? Nothing.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:17 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
No, she doesn't have anything against her - but we have no evidence that she is the only candidate to perform the theme, either. People don't announce this stuff to the world because EON don't take kindly to it. So if someone were to produce a better theme, why would EON take Adele's?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:22 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
No, she doesn't have anything against her - but we have no evidence that she is the only candidate to perform the theme, either.

Obviously she's not the only candidate, I'm sure there are standbys if anything unexpected happens to her, but from what's been implied by Babs, she's pretty much got it in the bag. They just can't announce it yet.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:29 am

Well, I myself would prefer to wait for that announcement before I start believing that Adele will perform the SKYFALL theme.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:30 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
No, she doesn't have anything against her - but we have no evidence that she is the only candidate to perform the theme, either. People don't announce this stuff to the world because EON don't take kindly to it. So if someone were to produce a better theme, why would EON take Adele's?

You're right...if Justin Bieber croons out a better theme, he should get the gig :face:

Adele is musical gold right now as far as a Bond theme goes....
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:32 am

Hope it is, she's a helluva singer. Not that it would be hard to dick all over Another Way To Die, but I suspect Adele's Skyfall song definitely would do.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:39 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
That's your opinion, not a guarantee that she will get it.

I know, I'm a bit of a killjoy here. But remember Charles Vine over at MI6? He was thoroughly convinced that not only would Amy Winehouse perform the QUANTUM OF SOLACE theme, but that having her perform the theme would make up for every "mistake" that EON had made in producing Bond themes since about 1969. When Jack White and Alicia Keys were announced as the artists who would perform the theme, he was impossible to live with and turned just about every thread related Bond music into a long-winded whinging rant about the injustice of Amy Winehouse losing the theme. Bond fans are second only to Formula 1 fans in the way they can be very trying when they don't get their way (and as a fan of both, I can be worse than most).

I'm in no hurry to see something like that repeated here.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:43 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
That's your opinion, not a guarantee that she will get it.

I know, I'm a bit of a killjoy here. But remember Charles Vine over at MI6?

I remember his prophetic predictions for QOS were almost entirely accurate in the end, even if he was wrong about Amy Winehouse.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:47 am

Ah, Viney. I wish he'd sign on with BaB.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:49 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
I remember his prophetic predictions for QOS were almost entirely accurate in the end, even if he was wrong about Amy Winehouse.
You do know that he was making those predictions because EON didn't take winehouse for the theme, right?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:58 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:

You do know that he was making those predictions because EON didn't take winehouse for the theme, right?

No, IIRC he made them in the Autumn of '07.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:07 am

Well Amy Winehouse had the gig. But then she started with the drugs again and Miccoli looked elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:18 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Those were his initial predictions, made before the film had even begun shooting. He was one of those eternal pessimists who automatically assume that everything will be bad unless the film is made exactly as he said it should be. It was only once it became apparent that Amy Winehouse wasn't going to perform the theme that he really starting ramping up his apocalyptic predictions.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:19 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
Those were his initial predictions, made before the film had even begun shooting..

Yet look how right he turned out to be.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 2:19 am

Whether he was right or not is beside the point. I'm not going to acknowledge his predictions as accurate because a) he had no evidence to support them at the time, and b) his attitude was "the film will suck unless they do exactly what I say they should do", so he would have criticised any film that was produced unless it met his demands of what a Bond film should be (and if I remember rightly, his demands were only slightly less bonkers than DC007's).
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 2:28 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Whether he was right or not is beside the point. I'm not going to acknowledge his predictions as accurate because a) he had no evidence to support them at the time.

There was enough in the air at the time. THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM had just come out that summer setting a new standard for frenetic action, there were complaints about CR lacking action, being too long and slow, the cast and crew resting on their laurels and BAFTA nominations from CR, the film not being based on a Fleming novel, and the sophomore jinx .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next