More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme

Go down 
+18
Hilly
Blunt Instrument
Perilagu Khan
Prisoner Monkeys
CJB
dr. strangelove
Control
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Jack Wade
Gravity's Silhouette
Louis Armstrong
Harmsway
bitchcraft
Largo's Shark
Loomis
Makeshift Python
Vesper
jet set willy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:
The video would be the only potential problem but they don't even necessarily need her to be in it.

Yeah, they could just show her from head up, along with an orchestra and band performing, plus lots of clips from the film.

She won't be allowed to travel, particularly by airplane, once she's further along, so she won't be able to tour in support of the movie and song (i.e. won't be able to travel to New York and LA and do the talk shows. And if she hits a particular high note it's possible the sound reverberations could cause her water to break, sending her into premature labor. It's best if she just sits this one out and lets MUSE do the title/theme song.
I would assume that the dollar signs from the prospective record sales in Sony and Eon's eyes are enough to forgive her if she can't globe-trot for the press rounds.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:35 pm

This is kinda nice too

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:32 pm

saint mark wrote:
This is kinda nice too

I think it's a bloke, though that wouldn't be a first for Eurovision.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:49 pm

It's best if she just sits this one out and lets MUSE do the title/theme song.

Given the timeframe between now and the release of the film, I'd assume that the song would be recorded in about 8 weeks time or so. That in no way puts a newly-pregnant woman out of the running.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:36 pm

I think Gravy's just desperate for MUSE to get the gig.

:)
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:20 pm

M wrote:
It's best if she just sits this one out and lets MUSE do the title/theme song.

Given the timeframe between now and the release of the film, I'd assume that the song would be recorded in about 8 weeks time or so. That in no way puts a newly-pregnant woman out of the running.

Here are some new photos of Jessica Simpson going into the gym:

Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 06703-jessica-simpson-pcn-3

She can sing. She's got range. And she just downloaded her baby 10 weeks ago, so there shouldn't be any travel restrictions.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:28 pm

Jess still has more downloading to do apparently, but please do put me down as a Jess for Bond-song candidate. Awesome set of pipes on that woman.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:30 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
Awesome set of pipes on that woman.

They might be a bit loose now, but I'll try them anyway.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:
Awesome set of pipes on that woman.

They might be a bit loose now, but I'll try them anyway.

I hope your scouring pug doesn't cause her control panel to light up like Christmas tree.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:36 pm

No Jessica Simpson, please.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:06 am

Jack Wade wrote:
No Jessica Simpson, please.

Yeah, she's flatulent and proud of it. :roll:
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:33 am

Adele is fat and I'd take her for the theme over Jessica Simpson any day.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:35 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
I think Gravy's just desperate for MUSE to get the gig.

:)
Muse and Adele should do the theme together.

What could possibly go wrong?
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
saint mark wrote:
This is kinda nice too

I think it's a bloke, though that wouldn't be a first for Eurovision.

This is a person of the female gender. I did listen to some other stuff she did on You Tube and she actually quite good.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: split   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Was discussing James bond and the latest movie SKYFALL in the pub with some mates, shortly after the release of the trailer. During a heated debate about our favorite Bond themes and some speculation as to what No. 23 had install, our conversation was interjected by a half cut chap claiming to have inside knowledge on account of his brother being well positioned within the films production company. He claimed that the title theme had already been chosen and he knew what it was. Of course our reply to this was, go on then enlighten us. Understandably he didn't seem too keen to do this but after a lot of badgering and a few more pints he gave up two words, Carina and Angstrom. Well we didn't know if what he was telling us was true or not and at the time, I guess it didn't matter. The next day I put those two words into google and imagine my surprise when I was directed to obscure band Angstoms Carina in myspace and it has to be said, there is a James bond quality about this song. Well I still don't know if this is some kind of elaborate hoax but I'd love to know what you guys think. I knocked up aYouTube video so have a look and let the debate begin.

Last edited by Indaknow on Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:59 pm

BS and what a shYte song.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:00 pm

I dunno. Sounds like a mash-up of Head East and Def Leppard. If--and this is a colossal if--Angstrom is the choice, it would hark back to Chris Cornell in CR. And although inferior to the classic loungy stuff from the 60s and early 70s, it would be a significant step up from the godawful dreck that was Another Way to Die.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:33 pm

I agree with Perllagu Khan on this one. There has been more shyte songs and I wouldn't imagine carina would be used in its present format. When will we be put out of our misery, on this question.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:46 pm

It's going to be Adele, no doubt about that.

FWIW, all Bond theme songs in the past have been written and recorded specifically for the film. No chance that a random song by an obscure English prog rock band would be chosen.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:47 pm

Indaknow wrote:
I agree with Perllagu Khan on this one. There has been more shyte songs and I wouldn't imagine carina would be used in its present format. When will we be put out of our misery, on this question.

As soon as Adele is announced....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:58 pm

Could Adele be rerecording carina? Its hard to disagree with previous form as pointed out by Largo Shark but have the purse strings ever been so tight? There is certainly a lot more choice when it comes to music these days and nobody has time to listen to it all. What could someone like Adele do with this song? Don't bother replying if your response is throw it away and start again, I think she did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme   Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4