More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last television show you watched

Go down 
+48
Thunderpussy
silvertoe
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Professor Train
Strangways&Quarrel
Bond Fan 90
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
SarahN
Dr No
Chief of SIS
Santa
Loomis
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Toppers
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Makeshift Python
j7wild
FourDot
Harmsway
tiffanywint
dalton
saint mark
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
HJackson
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
colly
bitchcraft
Fae
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Mr. Trevelyan
SJK91
G section
Ravenstone
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Prince Kamal Khan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Last television show you watched - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:50 am

And writing too.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:46 am

I like both. Maybe prefer FRASIER for the class. John Mahoney rules the universe. But Kelsey Grammer, David Hyde Pierce, and Jane Leeves are class too.

Two of my favorite people.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:53 am

Watching Spartacus Blood and Sand, first season, 13 episodes.

Blood and Boobs. The most debauched show ever filmed. 🐷

Last edited by tiffanywint on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:11 am

Sharky wrote:
And writing too.

Comparing the FRASIER pilot to the first batch of CHEERS shows I've seen, definitely. I haven't seen anything as interesting as the dysfunctional relationship between Crane and son. Still, CHEERS is good. I look forward to when more of the other cast members show up down the road.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:23 am

tiffanywint wrote:
Watching Spartacus Blood and Sand, first season, 13 episodes.

Blood and Boobs. The most debauched show ever filmed. 🐷

Jupiter's c***! You forgot swearing.

The best thing is it actually builds into a decent show after the first couple of episodes. The finale was pretty fucking good.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:48 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
Sharky wrote:
And writing too.

Comparing the FRASIER pilot to the first batch of CHEERS shows I've seen, definitely. I haven't seen anything as interesting as the dysfunctional relationship between Crane and son. Still, CHEERS is good. I look forward to when more of the other cast members show up down the road.

Both are solid shows, both go through rocky patches. Some say Frasier's eighth season is quite shoddy but then they pick up afterwards. Cheers tends to feel different after season 4 by which time Diane has been beaten to death in most senses. Some would say the episodes get silly but they're pretty funny in this man's opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:56 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
Just started watching CHEERS, already hooked. Actually, I wanted to get into FRASIER which I hadn't seen since high school so I saw the pilot, but it occurred to me in viewing that I should watch CHEERS first. So here I am.

I love CHEERS; never did care all that much for Frasier Crane or his show. Strangely enough, I loved the Lillith character until the writers chose to ruin her by having her become a cheating whore in the last season. I kind of felt that Diane was the resident egg-head, so it seemed as if Frasier was simply out of place, but the truth is I just never liked Kelsey Grammar's delivery.

I'll always wonder what CHEERS might have looked like had Shelley Long not left the show, though it beat the odds by remaining a great show after she left. DIane's last episode always brings a tear to my eye. The direction was perfect, and Ted Danson turned in his best performance. It was a very bittersweet episode that worked on several layers because you as the viewer knew Sam may have been saying goodbye to Diane, but the viewer was also saying goodbye to Shelley. It felt like someone dying. I really wish she'd stayed with the show.

I do like, however, how FRASIER's writers fixed the continuity error regarding Frasier's dad. I remember watching that episode in repeats years later and thinking: Frasier said his dad was dead, and now all of a sudden he's alive and well and living in Seattle? The writers actually got some good comedy mileage out of that jam that the writers put themselves into.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:57 pm

That last scene with Diane is emotional, yet she comes back for the finale and it lost a little something.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:08 pm

Vesper wrote:

The best thing is it actually builds into a decent show after the first couple of episodes. The finale was pretty fucking good.

laugh The swearing is in its own league. The cuss scripting is quite well done, in that the writers had to construct obscenity for 1st century BC. Poor old Jupiter's c*** takes no shortage of abuse from the likes of Lucy Lawless and John Hannah. Hannah's creative profanity is inspired. In a fit of rage he bellows, "tell him he can negotiate with my c***. That shuts all his helpful advisors up.

The film breaks news ground in full frontal as well, and non-stop boinking (both foreground and background). Its relentless. Cuts down on wardrobe costs. One guy was even clearly hired so he could stand around displaying his big 🐘 schlong .

I got two more episodes to watch. I think Spartacus is about to bring down the wrath of Jupiter's C*** on House Batiatus.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:53 pm

Hilly wrote:
That last scene with Diane is emotional, yet she comes back for the finale and it lost a little something.

I agree that the reunion wasn't quite what one would hope for, but that kind of chemistry is hard to rekindle after six years, and I think it was a lot to hope for in the span of just 90 minutes. I also didn't care for, and still don't, bringing Diane back for the finale and getting the fans hopes up that the two would reunite, only for Sam to realize that his true love is Cheers and decides it wouldn't work with Diane. That didn't sit right with me.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Hilly wrote:

I agree that the reunion wasn't quite what one would hope for, but that kind of chemistry is hard to rekindle after six years, and I think it was a lot to hope for in the span of just 90 minutes. I also didn't care for, and still don't, bringing Diane back for the finale and getting the fans hopes up that the two would reunite, only for Sam to realize that his true love is Cheers and decides it wouldn't work with Diane. That didn't sit right with me.

Exactly. They could've done without Diane in some respects for the finale. The final season seemed to have a few from the early seasons drop by almost as a farewell, Andy Andy and Harry the Hat amongst others. I still like that scene in the finale where the cast are sat in the bar just talking. Though some funny moments involved Diane even after she left, Sam electrocuting himself in "Get Your Kicks on Route 666" looking up into Cliff's eyes and calling for Diane or Diane's doppelganger that scares Carla in "The Beer is Always Greener", the joke Norm makes about "when's Diane coming back?" that flips Sam and Frasier in well...the same episode actually.

I'd watch them again had YouTube not removed them all. Only Seasons 1-6 got released here.

One quote sums it up by Sam to Diane

To me, our relationship makes perfect sense. You want me to propose to you, I propose to you. You say no, I say fine, I never wanna see you again. You drive me nuts telling me you want me to propose again, I do, you turn me down. Next thing I know I'm in a court of law where I've got to propose to you or go to jail. It's the classic American love story.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:23 am

Ah, Cheers ... we've all wanted a local pub like that at some time in our lives, I think.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 5:24 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Ah, Cheers ... we've all wanted a local pub like that at some time in our lives, I think.

Still do.

Though in this country it'd be a Wetherspoon's or Youngs or something by now. Sam would get done for sexual harrassment, Woody would cause food poisoning, Carla would get pregnant and try to kill someone, Cliff would be beaten up and no way would Norm get a tab.

But yes, a regular like that wouldn't be too bad now.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:29 am

Yes, yes it would.

Frasier was/is a great (maybe even superior) show, too ... a lesson in how to do a spin-off.

'Joey', anyone? No, thought not.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 8:36 pm

FALLING SKIES on TNT

Noah Wyle is surprisingly good as the history professor turned military commander trying to lead what's left of civilization forward after an alien attack wipes out 90% of the human population.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Revisiting Point Place, Wisconsin with the Season 4 finale of that 70s show, Love Wisconsin Style. One of the Forman/Pinciotti episodes. After a year apart it all comes together, so to speak. Donna being effectively used by idiot Casey Kelso then the showdown in the Forman's living room (take it for Red to take charge)...then Eric realises his cockup only after Donna's buggered off. Move onto Going to California and I Can't Quit You Baby. One of the few 'on-location' scenes, Donna/Eric reunited, Donna in slow motion, Donna's Farrahesque hairstyle and Donna's Catholic schoolgirl outfit phase.
And the unlikely yet chilling partnership of Hyde and Jackie.

Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:12 am

The conclusion to Spartacus Season One was epic. Talk about a Season finale that delivered.

There was blood.

It was spilling into my living room and staining the carpet. Worse than the slobbering vampires on True Blood.

The Spartacus writers are a skilled bunch. Maybe for the first time in the history of TV or movies, writers managed to convince viewers to cheer on a bunch of rampaging, muscle bound, sword wielding barbarians, in their quest to slaughter defenseless women and children (one "boy" at least - who so deserved what he got :twisted: )

Can't wait for Season Two. It's like Planet of the Apes. The Apes are loose.

The House of Batiatus sure felt the full wrath of Jupiter's c***. They paid for their insolence.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:16 am

tiffanywint wrote:
The conclusion to Spartacus Season One was epic. Talk about a Season finale that delivered.

There was blood.

It was spilling into my living room and staining the carpet. Worse than the slobbering vampires on True Blood.

The Spartacus writers are a skilled bunch. Maybe for the first time in the history of TV or movies, writers managed to convince viewers to cheer on a bunch of rampaging, muscle bound, sword wielding barbarians, in their quest to slaughter defenseless women and children (one "boy" at least - who so deserved what he got :twisted: )

Can't wait for Season Two. It's like Planet of the Apes. The Apes are loose.

The House of Batiatus sure felt the full wrath of Jupiter's c***. They paid for their insolence.

:)

You left out the pregnant woman.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:18 am

tiffanywint wrote:
Vesper wrote:

laugh The swearing is in its own league. The cuss scripting is quite well done, in that the writers had to construct obscenity for 1st century BC. Poor old Jupiter's c*** takes no shortage of abuse from the likes of Lucy Lawless and John Hannah. Hannah's creative profanity is inspired. In a fit of rage he bellows, "tell him he can negotiate with my c***. That shuts all his helpful advisors up.

The film breaks news ground in full frontal as well, and non-stop boinking (both foreground and background). Its relentless. Cuts down on wardrobe costs. One guy was even clearly hired so he could stand around displaying his big 🐘 schlong .

I got two more episodes to watch. I think Spartacus is about to bring down the wrath of Jupiter's C*** on House Batiatus.

Supposedly the dialogue actually conforms to Latin syntax and grammar rules. laugh
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:49 am

Hilly wrote:
Donna in slow motion

How is it that I cannot remember ever seeing that? Must be spectacular.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:26 am

trevanian wrote:
Hilly wrote:
Donna in slow motion

How is it that I cannot remember ever seeing that? Must be spectacular.

it does tend to feature a lot of Eric and then Kelso

tend to have a few favourite Donna moments even if it's just Season 1

hate to be j7esque but the quality's clearer here. Whole damn episode.

Contains Jessica Simpson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2CsJgJrpy4
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:07 am

Vesper wrote:

Supposedly the dialogue actually conforms to Latin syntax and grammar rules. laugh

Yes, the dialogue is a hoot. No-one can answer a question with a simple yes or no. It's always a long winded response, that translates to yes or no.

Right, forgot about the gladiator stabbing the pregnant woman in the belly. However it looks like baby is dead, but Lucretia I think rises from the blood soaked floor, to scheme and plot again.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:36 pm

One, was the return of Top Gear last night. As well as pretty much the entire run of the US version up till now. I'm liking the US version more, the way the three get on during their challenges and also they have a bigger playground so to speak.

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:23 am

tiffanywint wrote:
Vesper wrote:

Yes, the dialogue is a hoot. No-one can answer a question with a simple yes or no. It's always a long winded response, that translates to yes or no.

Right, forgot about the gladiator stabbing the pregnant woman in the belly. However it looks like baby is dead, but Lucretia I think rises from the blood soaked floor, to scheme and plot again.

Caught a 15 minutes-or-so snippet of this last night ... think it's the most gory death and nudity I've ever seen in such a short space of time in a TV prog.

Reckon the columnist/presenter Charlie Brooker put it best when he commented on a previous series looking like it's being broadcast directly from inside a 14 year old boy's head laugh .
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:58 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
Vesper wrote:

Actually, that sounds kinda fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
Page 9 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 41  Next