More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The CB.n Thread

Go down 
+37
Vesper
saint mark
Stamper
Jack Wade
marketto007
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Blunt Instrument
David Schofield
Prisoner Monkeys
doubleoego
Triviachamp
Aris
Napoleon Solo
EyelessCougar
dodgecunningham
danslittlefinger
jaguar007
Santa
Hilly
Fae
Righty007
coco1997
CJB
clublos
Lazenby.
tiffanywint
Capsule in Space
Perilagu Khan
RobDudley
dalton
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
Chief of SIS
Control
Gravity's Silhouette
Louis Armstrong
bitchcraft
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Righty007

Righty007

The CB.n Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:35 am

Actually, the whole Mr. Blofeld affair began in this Stephen Colbert thread. However, it's kind of hard to understand now that all of Gravity's posts have been deleted...

I was suspended until September 3rd because I refused to accept the new status quo, which allows bullies like Mr. Blofeld to spew vitriol without punishment from the dicktator, Jim.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:58 am

Sharky wrote:
Kennon, are you Dustin over at Cb.n? It's a little bit confusing with all these aliases.

No, have no horse in this. Looks like a mess, too.
Back to top Go down
RobDudley

RobDudley

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:09 am

The circus moves on.

Whilst this is all gratifying for those running this site to read, wait until they turn on you.

CBn does look a bit of a mess but the atmosphere appears to have improved - go figure.

No-one's really discussing Bond, are they? Look at the recent posts on this site and it's the same few subjects as at every other site.

Quote :
I mean, what kind of a moderator asks forum members to make a decision for him?

Hmm, good question. Although as he did include himself in the poll, I suppose the answer is one who listens to the members and exercised democratic will. Whilst you're evidently angrier about this than your pretending to let on, and this Jim has been pretty awful in the past from what I see, what you don't appear to be addressing is that your lack of popularity was confirmed, same for this Righty and this Mr Blofeld, whoever the hell they are.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:34 am

I don't recall debate about hairy snatches on CBn, although perhaps I just haven't looked hard enough.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:37 am

RobDudley wrote:
No-one's really discussing Bond, are they? Look at the recent posts on this site and it's the same few subjects as at every other site.

I think I should stress something: this board's called Bond and BEYOND. It's perfect reasonable to suggest the place might have a certain emphasis on wider film culture, not just EON bleeding Productions 24/7.

Your post also begs the question, if you're so enthused about discussing Bond - then start contributing to Bond-related threads yourself. We've got enough 0-5 post accounts on this site already.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:45 am

RobDudley wrote:
Hmm, good question. Although as he did include himself in the poll, I suppose the answer is one who listens to the members and exercised democratic will.

Since when did forums becomes democracies? Last time I checked, they were privately owned websites.

Back to top Go down
Righty007

Righty007

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:59 am

RobDudley wrote:
The circus moves on.

...what you don't appear to be addressing is that your lack of popularity was confirmed, same for this Righty and this Mr Blofeld, whoever the hell they are.
Ouch, that hurts.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:05 am

Mr Dudley's snide, haughty tone is getting on my tits.

Back to top Go down
Righty007

Righty007

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:10 am

I'm kind of offended that he's never heard of me before. I've only been a member of the online James Bond fan community since 2003.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:14 am

RobDudley wrote:

Whilst this is all gratifying for those running this site to read, wait until they turn on you.

Why would any of us here turn on him? I think you're confusing us with another forum, a place where the members and their contributions don't count for sh*t, the Mods are biased and the head honcho just tells you to f*ck off if you complain.

RobDudley wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Which old face are you, Mr. Dudley?

An old MI6er

The CB.n Thread - Page 4 Ideas-light-bulb

RobDudley wrote:
The peevish exaggeration of loosely-held prejudices otherwise unexpressable on a face-to-face basis, to wind others up out of boredom or inadequacy; it's due here.

The big difference being that here we know how to deal with it, through paying attention to what's actually going on, paying attention to what the members want, knowing when to ditch a divisive reputation system and making sensible Mod appointments. While the wheels may be coming off elsewhere, this place is a well-oiled vehicle, and that hasn't come about by accident.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:16 am

Lazenby. wrote:
RobDudley wrote:

Why would any of us here turn on him?

Think he means the other way round.

Perhaps he's watched RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES one too many times.

Last edited by Sharky on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:22 am

Sharky wrote:
Perhaps he's watched RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES one too many times.

I'm on my third viewing already. One can never watch too much Apes 🐒 🐒
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:27 am

RobDudley wrote:

You've posted 4 times, and not one time has it been in any other thread about any other subject other than this one, even though there's plenty of discussion about James Bond going on elsewhere. I think we all know EXACTLY why you are here and where your interests lie in the matter.

Quote :
I mean, what kind of a moderator asks forum members to make a decision for him?

Quote :
Hmm, good question. Although as he did include himself in the poll, I suppose the answer is one who listens to the members and exercised democratic will.

An intellectually dishonest rebuttal. The forums are not a democracy; they are meant to be run by benevolent dictators. It was Jim's job to make decisions on what was right. Instead, he tried to wash his hands of his decision by blaming it on the people, like Pontius Pilate. Was Jim's future ever truly in doubt? Was he ever really going to remove himself as a member of the forums if he had gotten the most votes? How can "Robert Mugabe" even be an option in the poll and you respond with your answer and a straight face?

Quote :
Whilst you're evidently angrier about this than your pretending to let on, and this Jim has been pretty awful in the past from what I see, what you don't appear to be addressing is that your lack of popularity was confirmed, same for this Righty and this Mr Blofeld, whoever the hell they are.

You're not exactly as removed from the situation as you'd like us to think you are.
"Lack of popularity"...what is this, high school? A scientific poll based on the data of 30-35 people? It wouldn't have surprised me at all to find out that Mr.Blofeld got some of his fwends to vote against me in the poll, since we know for a fact he's done the exact same thing to bring other people's reputation-rating down and his own up. The real "poll" results are being demonstrated every day by the dozens of people from CBn who have registered at B&B and are posting here, knowing that Righty and myself are here as well.

Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:47 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
How can "Robert Mugabe" even be an option in the poll and you respond with your answer and a straight face?

laugh
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:16 pm

Much like how when we first moved over here and had a bitch, I think its now time to wrap up the CBN discussion and move on. :)
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:41 pm

RobDudley wrote:
The circus moves on.

CBn does look a bit of a mess but the atmosphere appears to have improved - go figure.

There are approximately 120 members here. How many thousands are there on CBn?

There are several features of CBn I really like, but the site's general torpor drove me away. The place has always been so sluggish that it's scarcely worth one's time to drop in, despite its myriad members.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:42 pm

Sharky wrote:
Mr Dudley's snide, haughty tone is getting on my tits.

Agreed, Shark. He reminds me of St. George minus the humor. I think I'll avoid the Christmas rush and start disliking him right now.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:40 pm

I've not been round enough to see this irritation but St George still has that power to annoy when I think back to MI6.

Oh, glory days.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:50 pm

Like the Mi6 ranting thread, it can't last forever. We've all got to move on, at some point.

CBn'ers, despite what BobDudley says, we're more than happy to have you here and posting.
Back to top Go down
Capsule in Space

Capsule in Space

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:35 pm

Sharky wrote:
Capsule in Space wrote:
What thread of Santa's are you referring to?

This one.

That thread is a mess!

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:37 pm

Righty007 wrote:

Ouch, that hurts.

I think the only question left, for me, is: Who Is Rob Dudley really? Which name at MI6 or CBn does he post under? He/She is *CLEARLY* someone that can't let go, because we're here and, whoever he/she is, they are having to follow us all the way over here from there in order to edumicate the rest of the group and warn off all the potential newbies about us. It's like sacking the quarterback and then running up into the stands and sacking the cheerleaders and the quarterback's family. What's the point? Why can't CBn's "victory" be enough? Yet for some people it's not.

Mr.Brown wrote:
Quote :

Like the Mi6 ranting thread, it can't last forever. We've all got to move on, at some point.

I agree. But what if I can't find a new rant? What if I look for months and months and there are just no new topics out there for me to rant about? Can I get a federal topic bailout? Maybe get a state extension of my ranting benefits?

But yeah, I think this topic will die soon...naturally, of it's own accord...just like the box office for COWBOYS AND ALIENS.
Back to top Go down
Capsule in Space

Capsule in Space

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:43 pm

[quote="coco1997"][quote="Capsule in Space"]
coco1997 wrote:
Capsule in Space wrote:
Coco, did you get reprimanded at
What thread of Santa's are you referring to?

Who else got banned or suspended?
The "Craig Turned Down Bond" thread is when all this shit started to go down; it was the thread in which Jim added the poll that would ultimately decide which forum member deserved to be banned.

Santa later created a thread in the General Discussion forum called "The GS, Coco, Righty & Mr Blofeld thread" in which she 'reserved a space' for the aforementioned members to duke it out so that it wouldn't spill over into other threads. I basically wiped my hands of the situation in that thread and admitted that I hadn't realized that my frequent calling out of Blofeld had affected other users. I did, however, point out that Santa was remiss to exclude elizabeth from the thread title as her posts on CB.n have been far more virulent and offensive than anything GS, Righty, or myself have ever posted. Blofeld is the worst offender, though.

Gravity was banned; Righty and Blofeld were suspended for a few weeks.

I started a thread at CBn to try to get some more information regarding this controversy. It has made some people upset. Here is the thread.

That "Craig Turned Down Bond" thread is a mess too. It looks like many people were the source of the "problem", but only a few were reprimanded for it. I just don't see how you folks were considered the biggest "problem" at CBn, while here I stand with a rating in the -170s. Should my feelings be hurt because I wasn't included in that poll?! tongue
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:03 pm

Capsule in Space wrote:

I started a thread at CBn to try to get some more information regarding this controversy. It has made some people upset. Here is the thread.

That "Craig Turned Down Bond" thread is a mess too. It looks like many people were the source of the "problem", but only a few were reprimanded for it. I just don't see how you folks were considered the biggest "problem" at CBn, while here I stand with a rating in the -170s. Should my feelings be hurt because I wasn't included in that poll?! tongue

Speaking just for myself....I appreciate you wanting more clarity on the matter and I appreciate the support, but I'd rather tell you my side, if at all, through PM. I say that for a couple of reasons: #1 I don't want B&B getting pulled down into someone else's mess (the founders of B&B have been through enough already; this site exists because of what MI6 did to their readers).

#2 I don't want my being here to be only because I was banned from CBn. I started posting in mid-April; I was banned by Jim in mid-August. It wasn't even my intention to post so soon at B&B, but some of the posts by Avarice and Ed made me think the "vibe" here worked better for me and might have been worth my effort to become a regular poster sooner rather than later. I'm just trying to avoid having this "event" overshadow me or define me here at B&B.

#3 I don't want you getting in any trouble with the mods over at CBn. You're already on their radar, and someone has been doing one heck of a job driving down your reputation. You've got a large target on your back.

Look, I had less invested in CBn than Righty007. He's been there since 2003. That's a long time. He was a moderator at one point. From my point of view, for me, it's over, it's done, and I'm ready to move on. Other people may not be ready to make the same commitment; there are dozens of people over at CBn who are dual-posters, want to be dual-posters, or are thinking of dumping CBn entirely but haven't quite made the leap; in order to not complicate their decisions or make it unduly difficult on them, I'd like to ask you to just let the subject drop over at CBn and not post on it anymore. I'm not telling you what to do and I can't even ask you to do that; I'm just trying to look out for you and the posters over there that I still like and care about.

That's all I can think of to say............for now.

Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:19 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:
CBn'ers, despite what BobDudley says, we're more than happy to have you here and posting.

Thank you, Mr. Brown, that's very kind. I'm not sure everyone here will agree with you though, not when it comes to me at least :) . For what it's worth, I didn't have any personal issues with GS, Righty, Coco or even Mr. Blofeld or the ultra-annoying Elizabeth. I don't give a feck how much they hate each other, just got tired of reading the same old arguments from the same old people in what felt like every single thread. I didn't deliberately exclude any deserving names from the thread title - it's not like a lot of thought, planning and research went into it. I just put the names I'd noticed the most. Nor was I interested in anyone getting banned, that was nothing to do with me. I didn't pay that much attention to details but GS, even you have to admit that if you didn't start any arguments, you certainly knew how to sustain them...

Anyway, I'm Santa. In case you couldn't tell, I've been hanging out at CB.n for quite a long time and I think there's plenty of room for both forums on the internet.

I like food, my dog, Plantagenet & Tudor history and Star Wars.

I don't like 'thoughts and prayers for my brother's best friend's dog's cousin who has broken his toenail' threads, drivers who don't know how to use lanes, packaging you can't into and the Brosnan era.

Oh and I think there could be a hygiene issue with really hairy snatches.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Santa wrote:

Thank you, Mr. Brown, that's very kind. I'm not sure everyone here will agree with you though, not when it comes to me at least :)

I'm unaware of anyone disliking you, Santa.

Quote :
For what it's worth, I didn't have any personal issues with GS, Righty, Coco or even Mr. Blofeld or the ultra-annoying Elizabeth. I don't give a feck how much they hate each other, just got tired of reading the same old arguments from the same old people in what felt like every single thread. I didn't deliberately exclude any deserving names from the thread title - it's not like a lot of thought, planning and research went into it. I just put the names I'd noticed the most. Nor was I interested in anyone getting banned, that was nothing to do with me.

I never thought for one second that you had anything to do with me being banned...there's only one man responsible for me being banned: President Obama.

Quote :
I didn't pay that much attention to details but GS, even you have to admit that if you didn't start any arguments, you certainly knew how to sustain them.

Well, yeah, I've never denied that. But 50% of my rebuttals were pure silliness so sensational that I was startled to see people take it seriously (like arguing over stuff that took place back in the 1700's), and the other 60% were genuine by necessity simply because no moderator was doing any thing about the attacks...not one single moderator, not one single word against people calling other people "retarded", "weak", 'prostitutes', 'whores', etc...Not only did the moderators not offer one word of defense against attacks started by people such as Elizabeth and Mr.Blofeld, but they didn't want me, and others, defending ourselves either. Basically, we were supposed to just take it or leave it. A lot of those arguments wouldn't have been so 'sustained' had the moderators been doing their jobs. It's simply not enough to tell people to monitor themselves and behave; that's what we have mods for.

But all that is ancient history as far as I'm concerned. I'm not the same Gravity's Silhouette you knew at CBn. I've changed. People change. I'm not the same Gravity's Silhouette who informed on a local drug dealer. I'm not the same Gravity's Silhouette who revealed the hiding place of those illegal Guatemalans working on a nearby construction site. And I'm not the same Gravity's Silhouette who took a crap in the Fleishmann's holly bushes… last night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The CB.n Thread
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next