More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Football Thread

Go down 
+7
Krilencu
colly
bondfan06
Hilly
G section
Fort Knox
Lazenby.
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Football Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Only three or four months before Euro. Not sure anyone would want the job right now. Poisoned chalice?

A million-and-a-half for walking away takes some of the bitterness out of that poison, I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:23 pm

I meant Capello's replacement. Better to become manager after Euro failure not before.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 6:02 pm

Well if it lasts until the end of Euro 2012, I'll apply for the job. Poland-Ukraine's nice that time of year and I think I'd drive the team out as per usual on penalties.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:26 pm

What's got 4 legs and more money than Rangers?

Harry Redknapp's dog.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 6:41 pm

Got more money than Rangers AND Portsmouth.

stupid bitch, Rosie.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 1:24 pm

Was hoping that Guus Hiddink might be tempted back to international management. Seems he has gone to that Russian Club that have gazillions of Rubles to spend.

Can't say I'll miss Glasgow Rangers and their bigotry once they finally pack it in.

Last edited by G section on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:39 pm

I want Rangers to go out of business so that the SPL can become a proper competitive football league rather than a two team borefest every year.

Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 3:02 pm

But without Rangers it would just become a one-team borefest, surely? ;)
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:59 pm

some say Rangers won't be allowed to go out of business what with TV money, interest in the game etc.

A year or so ago predictions were made that a big club (a league club at best) would go bust and we'll see a few hit the wall for the first time since Aldershot in 1994. Yet apart from non-league clubs none are. I'm not wanting any to go bust yet if Portsmouth can be kept going despite gross incompetence then how does a team go?

View, such as it is, is that Pompey should be left to die and we start afresh. If we do I'll doubt Pompey will do a Wimbledon or even a Chester/FC Halifax and start climbing the leagues. Not all do so like Scarborough Athletic. Not all work like Croydon Athletic.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 6:08 pm

I don't see why not. Pompey have the fanbase to really go places.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 6:14 pm

G section wrote:
I don't see why not. Pompey have the fanbase to really go places.

Possibly though pessimism is a bit rife in quarters right now. Last time we were in administration it was announced we had plans to groundshare with Havant & Waterlooville for the new club if it happened (Portsmouth City FC is a favoured name). We could get 4000 fans possibly but then some think if we reformed our fanbase means we can jump in at Conference level. Wimbledon has and has an average of 4000 and started right down in Combined Counties four below League Two so who knows.

if it happens, it happens. Won't be this year, club applications need to be made before May.

And this 10pt deduction means we're right in the doily cart now.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:15 pm

The Dutch have just scored their second goal against England. 2-0. :x
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:08 pm

The endresult of England vs Netherlands 2 - 3 :cheers:

But I found the Dutch team not that good, their strikers are lethal but their defense is shabby.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:03 pm

Pompey are realistically facing the prospect of not finishing the season. Our next four parachute payments are going to Gadaymak. Loaning players out might not help, more redundancies and all the rest. Adminstrator sounds quite concerned but he's being more open and honest than the last one. It'll please them lot up the road if Pompey go under and so be it. We'd likely reform if at all at Isthmian level I'd imagine (likelier Southern League).
Having said all this there's likely to be some 11th hour thing but no one feels optimistic.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 4:41 pm

Stoke 1 - 0 Norwich

A very poor game and Norwich lost. Exactly what I expected.
Stoke set out to stop us from playing, defended with 10 men in the box and played hoofball. That, coupled with a whistle-happy Michael Oliver, led to a very tedious, disjointed, stop/start game.
Don't know why we didn't start with two up front (preferably Wilbraham and Holt) and Jackson and Surman are too lightweight for this kind of game. Jonny Howson was clearly not fully fit, should have saved his debut for the Wigan game.

Not too disappointed with the result but we need to be bloody careful - we've dropped three places this weekend (and lost three in a row if you count the cup).

But, could be worse. Could be QPR.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:51 pm

Mark Hughes clearly thought he made the right decision to go to QPR. Hope he loves the Championship.

Good to see Fulham climbing the table.

And Guernsey FC being promoted scores early. 117 goals scored, 1 defeat, +96 goal difference and with a few games to go. Don't care if it's Combined Counties League (Pompey's next league) that's epic after 30 games.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Hilly wrote:
Mark Hughes clearly thought he made the right decision to go to QPR. Hope he loves the Championship.

There's a BBC2 documentary about their 'four year plan' on tonight. Rather unfortunately mistimed I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:36 pm

Another year, another sacked Chelsea manager ...
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:27 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Another year, another sacked Chelsea manager ...

They can buy all the best players in the world but it does not make them championship material. They would be better served with a longterm vision and goal. They should decide to stick with a trainer for a few seasons but I guess that Russian moneyman is wanting his PRICE.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Imagine that, Portsmouth beat Birmingham 4-1. Sure they had someone sent off but that result couldn't have been predicted by Jedi. 9 matches without a win, 1 goal in those 9 and this. Leaves us 5pts from safety but even though the sinking feeling persists it'd be a fine way to go out.

Imagine though Neil Warnock as he looks at the scoreboard and sees Leeds 3 Notts Forest 7
Back to top Go down
Manhunter
'R'
'R'
Manhunter

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:29 pm

Congratulations, Roman, now you're very close to it.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Lor' could Roy Hodgson be the new England manager?

Think he's good, i.e. Fulham/West Brom (not often WBA stay up every season) but if he got the England job, could be another Liverpool.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:25 pm

AFC Wimbledon complete their first season in the football league with a win over promoted Shrewsbury. Not bad for a team that ten years ago were holding trials on Wimbledon Common.

Creepy Crawley promoted minus the Scourge of the League.

Meanwhile, the once legendary Darlington having been relegated from the Conference now face the possibility of dropping two further leagues into the Northern Premier League/NPL North. Or further.

Portsmouth...linked to Izzy McLeod.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:28 pm

As a Liverpool fan, tonight I will bow my head in shame and drink (a bit more than usual).
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:30 pm

Yes I had a Liverpool fan at work egg me on about Portsmouth today. Not laughing now.

Well, I say that man's positively jackal like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Football Thread
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next