More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Football Thread

Go down 
+7
Krilencu
colly
bondfan06
Hilly
G section
Fort Knox
Lazenby.
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Football Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:41 pm

Can't wait to see Arsenal well and truly schooled on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:51 am

Great win for Norwich against Forest last night, two goals to one - You could see Holt's delight at scoring against his old club.
Simeon Jackson was superb, he's seemed to have finally settled and found his form. Ellliott Ward was a rock at the back too. Back up to second, so it's down to Cardiff now to get a win against Pompey. Best of luck, Hilly. :)

The brief chant of "We beat the scum 4-1" is an exciting reminder that the East Anglian derby is back on Thursday. Bring it on. 8)

Looking forward to the Manchester derby in the FA cup later today.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:11 pm

G section wrote:
Great win for Norwich against Forest last night, two goals to one - You could see Holt's delight at scoring against his old club.
Simeon Jackson was superb, he's seemed to have finally settled and found his form. Ellliott Ward was a rock at the back too. Back up to second, so it's down to Cardiff now to get a win against Pompey. Best of luck, Hilly. :)

The brief chant of "We beat the scum 4-1" is an exciting reminder that the East Anglian derby is back on Thursday. Bring it on. 8)

Looking forward to the Manchester derby in the FA cup later today.

well, I'm sorry G. I would say Pompey tried their best but forget it. Honestly would rather Norwich went up as opposed to Cardiff et al. Rocha got sent off for the second time this season (and I believe our third red card in four matches. We've had more sent off this season than the past four combined...my rough guess at least), despite Rocha having blood pouring from his nose (Bellamy leant on the ref) and then our fans kicked off which is unheard off in recent years.

Anyway, we collapsed. Seems we're determined to end this season, now that we're safe, by losing each game. God help us in the summer, we're cutting loose two promising youth players (Kilbey & Pack), have at least six on the verge of leaving if contracts don't renew and four defo going. If Nugent goes we won't have a goalscorer...well, not a regular one.

In short, sorry G
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 7:56 pm

Bad luck. These things happen. :) It was a similar situation with us a few years ago.

Cardiff face QPR next so, all going well, the bluebirds will be beaten and the Canaries will have three points over them, providing we beat the scum.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 4:51 pm

In the news today (well, The News) that Pompey at the end of the season and indeed the start of 11-12 will have only nine players if not fewer to play. Rumblings already starting that 2011-12 is going to be even worst than this past season(s)

Still, could be worse...could be Sergio Ramos

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13155922
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:18 pm

IPSWICH TOWN 1 - 5 NORWICH CITY

Sod QPR and Cardiff, on that performance alone, we're the best team in the division. All this crap we, as Norwich fans, have had to endure in the past couple of years from the Town fans (relegation to League 1, getting stuffed by Colchester, Delia Smith piss-taking, "we won the premier league in 2000 years BC" etc.) can be totally reversed now - they can't even use their beloved victory in 1998 as unfriendly banter now. We've shut the bastards up 'good and proper'. A four goal margin doesn't do it justice, we utterly hammered them back to the stone age and beyond. They resorted to firing shots from 40-odd yards out and that's how they got their only goal of the game (courtesy of Bullard, who seemed the only player in blue who was up to anything.). Portman Road was practically empty after Russell Martin netted City's fourth just seconds later. Grant Holt celebrating in front of the Tractor Boys' fans - much to their 'delight'. Throwing paper aeroplanes onto the pitch was the only way they kept themselves entertained. laugh It can't get any better than this for a Canary. There's been six arrests made tonight, hope no violence escalates. Seems like Sky and BBC didn't think the game would be worth broadcasting on the box. I hope they're kicking themselves now. A glorious night- promotion here we come. The really great thing was, they actually thought they had an outside chance of a play-off place . laugh Taking nothing away from Norwich's godly performance, Ipshit certainly lived up to their name. That's 9-2 on aggregate this season. This could well go down alongside the 2-1 against Bayern Munich all those years ago, as the greatest Norwich performance of all time. FANTASTIC.

Some will say “enjoy it while it lasts, you won’t get a performance like that again for years” – but as long as Paul Lambert is at the helm, I don’t think it will be long at all.
8)
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:58 pm

Well, well, seem to have got a bit carried away last night. Apologies for that. Cracking win though. I'm annoyed that is was neither on Sky or BBC though as only 9000 Norwich fans actually got to see the game - those that were lucky to get tickets and those that went to the Carrow Road beamback. Ho hum.

Hilly wrote:
In the news today (well, The News) that Pompey at the end of the season and indeed the start of 11-12 will have only nine players if not fewer to play. Rumblings already starting that 2011-12 is going to be even worst than this past season(s)

:scratch: What's all that about, Hilly?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 4:29 pm

G section wrote:
Well, well, seem to have got a bit carried away last night. Apologies for that. Cracking win though. I'm annoyed that is was neither on Sky or BBC though as only 9000 Norwich fans actually got to see the game - those that were lucky to get tickets and those that went to the Carrow Road beamback. Ho hum.

Hilly wrote:

:scratch: What's all that about, Hilly?

wish I knew. Everyone's got carried away this season thinking we could after results we could hit the Play Offs but the reality is that we're still in the mire. Players out of contract, three who we're definitely ditching, one we want to ditch (Ben-Haim) but can't because he wants his 36K a week. The Russian [Mob] takeover that isn't or is happening etc, etc.

Here's the article if you have a few hours to kill :) http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/numbers_don_t_add_up_for_threadbare_pompey_1_2612660

I did write last night but something glitched in the forum but good one that Norwich won. No harm to the old goal difference and it'd be good for Lambert to have more success. He didn't do too bad at Wanderers even if we never got promoted under him!

Onwards Canaries.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 8:41 pm

Hilly wrote:
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/numbers_don_t_add_up_for_threadbare_pompey_1_2612660

Blimey. I had no idea. I guess keeping Nugent will be the priority for now, however difficult that may be.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 8:46 pm

G section wrote:
Hilly wrote:
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/numbers_don_t_add_up_for_threadbare_pompey_1_2612660

Blimey. I had no idea. I guess keeping Nugent will be the priority for now, however difficult that may be.

It will be but unfortunately I don't think he'll stay. Certainly his 13 goals this season have been a factor but we're going to have to look in lower divisions, some of us need to get used to this idea. I'm already thinking survival in the league next season is our target.

Still, never a dull moment.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:09 pm

0-0 against Swansea might not be all that but we might have put them off their run a bit. Good turn of events after three straight heavy defeats. If you took the sub keeper out of things we only had three subs. Unfortunately we had four yellow cards. Discipline must be sorted even if some of it might be down to some conspiracy against us (not my words).

Meanwhile, six divisions below the PL Weymouth wallop Chesham 3-0 to give a hope that come Monday and the final game of the season, they might be swimming in the Southern Premier League next season not the Southern South & West Division.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:29 pm

QPR are practically there now, good luck to them. Still think Taarabt will struggle in the Premier League though, despite his two great goals of Prem standard.

Surely the Liverpool job is Dalglish's now after that 5-0 romp.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 1:41 am

Twas a very pleasing 5-0 romp. One of the few times I've been able to catch Liverpool on the telly this season. :)
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:59 pm

Decent draw with Burnley, yet another promotion chasing club we've tried to trip. Mid-table respectable. Got a chuckle seeing Warnock et al on the pitch thinking promotion was done just around the time Norwich made it 3-2.
Aside, Weymouth secure survival on the last day and Wanderers look like they're going to make it tricky to get automatic promotion.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:43 pm

Football Thread - Page 2 Lionel-messi-hits-3-goals-in-barcelonas-5-0-win-2011-01-13_l

That man's done it again. Only he deserved the win tonight against Madrid, who I felt were cheated out of this first leg, as Barca were intent on stirring things up, whether it be Pedro or Busquets, and Dani Alves milked Pepe's "foul" for all it was worth - being stretchered off and then coming back on again was really talking the piss. Still, a fabulous second goal from Messi must give the Catalonians the edge in the upcoming second leg and the momentum to advance to the final now against, what will most likely be, Manchester United.
Back to top Go down
Krilencu
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Krilencu

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:26 pm

G section wrote:
Football Thread - Page 2 Lionel-messi-hits-3-goals-in-barcelonas-5-0-win-2011-01-13_l

That man's done it again. Only he deserved the win tonight against Madrid, who I felt were cheated out of this first leg, as Barca were intent on stirring things up, whether it be Pedro or Busquets, and Dani Alves milked Pepe's "foul" for all it was worth - being stretchered off and then coming back on again was really talking the piss. Still, a fabulous second goal from Messi must give the Catalonians the edge in the upcoming second leg and the momentum to advance to the final now against, what will most likely be, Manchester United.

It's a brilliant goal but Messi himself was giving some excellent "comedia dell'arte" as well.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:21 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13244531.stm

if true (and it's the Sun, so I won't believe it till the FA say something) it'd shake things up and make Warnock erupt like Krakatoa
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:25 pm

Hilly wrote:

if true (and it's the Sun, so I won't believe it till the FA say something) it'd shake things up and make Warnock erupt like Krakatoa

Yeah, this has supposedly been on the cards for a while now. I'm not going to get excited until something actually happens (the result of it could be that Norwich or Cardiff win the league :bounce: ). I'm still hoping, though. After Warnock's laughable rants and accusations (don't know if you've heard the latest pathetic effort, Hilly) this season, a points deduction for his team would seem like justice. But, yeah, not to get too excited.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:27 pm

G section wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Yeah, this has supposedly been on the cards for a while now. I'm not going to get excited until something actually happens (the result of it could be that Norwich or Cardiff win the league :bounce: ). I'm still hoping, though. After Warnock's laughable rants and accusations (don't know if you've heard the latest pathetic effort, Hilly) this season, a points deduction for his team would seem like justice. But, yeah, not to get too excited.

Don't think I've heard his latest rant but they're usually consistent. I lost track of them at Sheff United and Palace.

Indeed, best not get excited. Though a little different rumours about Pompey in the papers had us being kicked down to Conference South or lower.

Besides I'll see what happens Monday night at Fratton Park. Apparently Simeon Jackson's been tipped to get another hat-trick :)
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:49 pm

Hilly wrote:
Don't think I've heard his latest rant but they're usually consistent. I lost track of them at Sheff United and Palace.

He reckons we must have a 'friend' in the FA who moved the Ipswich fixture back to Thursday, so Norwich could have an extra day's rest in preperation for Monday night's game against Derby, even though it was Suffolk police that moved it away from Friday night for obvious safety reasons. laugh

Hilly wrote:
Indeed, best not get excited. Though a little different rumours about Pompey in the papers had us being kicked down to Conference South or lower.

Bloody hell, it just gets worse doesn't it mate? :scratch:

Hang on in there, Pompey.

Hilly wrote:
Besides I'll see what happens Monday night at Fratton Park. Apparently Simeon Jackson's been tipped to get another hat-trick :)

Wouldn't bet against it, with the form he's been in as of late. I'd say best of luck for Monday, Hilly, but Norwich really need the three points. ;)
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:55 pm

Thanks for the luck-wishing but personally I am expecting a defeat. Without brown-nosing Norwich are far better, in form and we've got players who have minds elsewhere and so forth.

That being said, we've put a crimp in Swansea and Burnley's run so you never know. :)

Until Monday!
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 5:33 pm

In lieu of Pompey not playing this weekend I focused on the locals, Wycombe. Trying to get back into League One and needing Shrewsbury to lose today. A win against Bury, Shrewsbury's win leaves Wycombe with one game left 2 points head and a goal difference of 4.

This aside, Sheffield United relegated. First time in yonks the Sheffield derby will happen far below the top flight.

Oh, and QPR apparently are champions...for now...muhahaha.
Back to top Go down
Krilencu
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Krilencu

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Tomorrow the classic in Belgian football: RSC Anderlecht v. Club Bruges KV.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Kudos indeed G on your second promotion.

Judging by the 5live commentary (notwithstanding idiot Claridge and co) we ran you close a few times even if we were relying on Uncle Kanu.

So, yes. Well done :)
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:29 pm

And so ends (nearly) an incredible season. The last few weeks have been a whirlwind. Watched the Sky coverage and we were far from our best, but got the job done - Pompey were resiliant. Jackson's had his doubters all through the season, but he scored the goal that takes us to the best league in the world and he was overcome with emotion right at the end there. Credit to the Pompey fans who were terrific this evening, really hope you can do something next year, Hilly.

There's some pre-planned fireworks going off as I type. Can't wait for the match on Saturday - party really starts then.

Sir Paul Lambert.

*phew*

Oh, and I hope QPR don't get that point reduction. I don't wan't the Canaries' amazing acheivement this season to be overlooked after a false trophy win, if you see what I mean. Plus the hoops deserve it anyway (Wartprat aside).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football Thread   Football Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Football Thread
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next