More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The inevitability of a black Bond

Go down 
+27
Triviachamp
Control
jet set willy
lachesis
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
tiffanywint
GeneralGogol
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
Seve
Fort Knox
Blunt Instrument
Santa
Makeshift Python
Hilly
trevanian
bitchcraft
CJB
Louis Armstrong
RobDudley
saint mark
Chief of SIS
6of1
Largo's Shark
Salomé
Perilagu Khan
Gravity's Silhouette
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:36 am

Is this not an absolutely redundant argument? I don't mean Ambler or Khan, I mean both of you. For every tit there's a tat. Make love not war, people.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:37 am

Well you have three tits. How is that fair exactly?
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:38 am

That means I win. I am superior intellectually, racially, sexually or any other way you choose to explore. Three tits is the way forward for civilisation.

Or maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

Of course you win: woman is the superior sex. I can say that after careful and sustained study.

Also, how fortunate that I have three hands.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: d   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Consequently, various races are quite different in all sorts of ways. I would argue strenuously that Western Civilization and culture have been the greatest boon to humanity in all its history. We would do well to defend and preserve it rather than squander it in the name of "being nice."

I hope you're not arguing for some sort of 'racial purity' ideology. Not only is much of that stuff completely unscientific, but to conflate what is good about Western civilisation with skin colour is arrant nonsense. Great cultures are inclusive not exclusive.

Quite apart from that, our 'great civilisation' carries the recent and horrific baggage of WWI, Nazism, Marxism, the European Union, pseudoscience and other associated psychobabble. If that's high culture then I'm at a loss as to what you think is low. One can make an intellectual argument for the Anglosphere, but continental Europe's contribution to the twentieth century has been horrific in every sense of the word.

The errant nonsense is blithe dismissal of race's significance. It is critical and omnipresent. Only timid white souls blinkered by political correctness deny this. The evidence is all around you. At any rate, you seem to have little problem with sexual essentialism and determinism. That is merely the opposite side of the racial street I deal with.

Regarding Nazism, Marxism, et al., nobody denies Western Civilization has produced its horrors. In fact, all civilizations and cultures have evil in their past. The difference is that western pathologies have come in tandem with cultural achievements that have edified humanity and scientific/technological advances that have improved the human condition. The violence of other civilizations has resulted largely in stagnation. But if you believe in "inclusivity" (God, how I hate that word), by all means revel in your Londonistan. It won't be long before demographic reality overwhelms your willful naivete like a mortal tide. Thirty years from now I predict you will be singing a different tune; your censorious overlords, however, will not allow it to be heard.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:09 pm

By the way, Ambler, please don't take this personally. I still hold you in the highest regard; we simply share no common ground on this issue.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Quote :
The difference is that western pathologies have come in tandem with cultural achievements that have edified humanity and scientific/technological advances that have improved the human condition. The violence of other civilizations has resulted largely in stagnation.

Eeeek, that's rather sweeping. Not that I espouse particularly lefty views, but as an example Spain's time under Arab rule was by far its most advanced period as far as culture and education go. Once the 'western civilisations' took back over they set the country back centuries.

In other words, Khan, I see your point but suggest (cordially) that you're talking bollocks. :)

Last edited by Santa on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
By the way, Ambler, please don't take this personally. I still hold you in the highest regard; we simply share no common ground on this issue.

No,of course not, we go back too far for me to take any political disagreement personally. Besides, partly what's going on here is my rejection of your idea of a common Western civilization. I don't feel that the Protestant Anglosphere necessarily has much in common with Catholic Europe. In other words, a lot of divisions that you think are to do with skin colour I would argue have more to do with different religions and ethics.

BTW, full marks for managing to get two lines out of Santa; I rarely manage to get more than two words. I think you can guess what they are.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:57 pm

"Get off"?
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:58 pm

"Had better"?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:58 pm

"Oh Ambler!"
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

"Oooooh Sharky!"?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:00 pm

"Sooooooo big!"
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:00 pm

"Woof woof"
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

"That's it?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:02 pm

"Money first."
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:05 pm

"Try again"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:06 pm

"Wrong hole."
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:08 pm

"That's different"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:09 pm

"Nice ceiling."
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:13 pm

Sorry for hijacking the thread. It was all Ambler's fault.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Not the first time I've led her astray. Oh, and:

"Hillary Clinton."
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Yuk.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:47 pm

"Piss off."?
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Consequently, various races are quite different in all sorts of ways. I would argue strenuously that Western Civilization and culture have been the greatest boon to humanity in all its history. We would do well to defend and preserve it rather than squander it in the name of "being nice."

I hope you're not arguing for some sort of 'racial purity' ideology. Not only is much of that stuff completely unscientific, but to conflate what is good about Western civilisation with skin colour is arrant nonsense. Great cultures are inclusive not exclusive.

Quite apart from that, our 'great civilisation' carries the recent and horrific baggage of WWI, Nazism, Marxism, the European Union, pseudoscience and other associated psychobabble. If that's high culture then I'm at a loss as to what you think is low. One can make an intellectual argument for the Anglosphere, but continental Europe's contribution to the twentieth century has been horrific in every sense of the word.
You don't shy away from hyperbole in that last sentence. Even culturally?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The inevitability of a black Bond   The inevitability of a black Bond - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The inevitability of a black Bond
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next