More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...

Go down 
+17
Bounine
j7wild
tiffanywint
bondfan06
Perilagu Khan
lachesis
MBalje
Prisoner Monkeys
AMC Hornet
trevanian
Harmsway
Makeshift Python
Gravity's Silhouette
CJB
Jack Wade
bitchcraft
Control
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster:
1 (Terrible)
Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_lcap6%Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_lcap3%Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_lcap10%Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_lcap3%Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
5 (Average)
Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_lcap16%Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_rcap
 16% [ 5 ]
Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_lcap26%Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_lcap10%Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_lcap16%Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_rcap
 16% [ 5 ]
 10% [ 3 ]
10 (Excellent/One of the best)
Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_lcap0%Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 31

AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Empty
PostSubject: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:03 am

What'd you think of it? Rate it from 1 (being terrible) to 10 (being great).

I'll give it a 5. Nothing amazing, but not terrible, either. It is just a teaser, after all.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:10 am

Same here, a 5.

It's more a Bond is back poster than a Skyfall poster...
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:18 am

I gave it a 6. I think it's a bit better than average, just because it's nice to see some iconic imagery getting some play. But even then, it's a bit dour to look at. Not exactly eye-catching, which is a poster's job.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:19 am

I'll give it a 6.

I like the concept, but perhaps the execution could've been a tad better. I'd have liked a bit more colour.

Still, it's better than a shadow or a gun sitting on a big ice cube.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:53 am

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:19 am

Strictly rating it as a teaser poster, I'll give it an 8 for going for the iconic gunbarrel. A 10 is something like the CR teaser poster.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:21 am

A six. It's better-than-average, but not terribly arresting. If it had a bit of color, like the variation posted in the teaser poster thread, I'd bump it up to an eight or so.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:37 am

I gotta agree with the guy on AICN who noted that putting Craig inside the gunbarrel is just stupid. It isn't evocative of Bond, it messes up the iconography of the gunbarrel, and that's not even getting into the awful way the guy looks, which is always too much of a hot-button topic for me to have to go into AGAIN.

If a world renown montage photographer like Uelsman had done it, just maybe -- MAY-BE -- it could have worked, but I doubt it.

By montage photographer, I mean stuff like:
http://www.pixiport.com/cgi-bin/PixiDetail.pl?IMAGE=Gallery-CC/GCC43-07.jpg&LINK=Gallery-CC09.htm&CAP=

Are you guys going to keep it on the top of the forum for the next umpty-ump months? I think I'd prefer fan art or a genereic 007 logo.

Last edited by trevanian on Fri May 18, 2012 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:44 am

It's only unfortunate that, since the two necessary tweaks (gold tint to the barrel & bow tie) were added by fanartists, that those changes now will perforce not be adopted by EON.

Oh well, we can all download the ultimate mashup once it appears, which should be in about...what time is it now?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:05 am

I like it. Bond's pose is a tad awkward, mostly because of the way the tunnel and the gunbarrel have been superimposed over one another. The pose fits the tunnel, but because the gunbarrel is so prominent, it doesn't quite fit.

I give it an 8.
Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Who are you, and what did you do with GS?
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:13 am

7/10

As Banner it work better and then i give it 8/10.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:29 am

I went for 6, its nice to see the gunbarrel and Bond with a straight tie, even if the sleeves are too short, otherwise there's pretty much nothing of note.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:37 am

7 is a fair score. Craig's image doesn't seem to fit the gunbarrel but apart from that it's fine.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptySun May 20, 2012 2:51 am

Its godawful. It looks like some grandpa with a gun, walking through a sewer tunnel.

It might have worked better with this film. Harry Brown 2?

Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Harry_brown_still05

Does conjure up more entertaining images though of Sean out walking-his-rat in DAF, so there is that.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzz!!

Go back to what made the Bond films fun and famous!

Put the babes back on the movie posters and in the Title sequences!!

Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... 413394195598324 Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... F0b405195598602 Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... 334757195598852 Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... 4a1a29195599547 Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... 8f4d63195599573
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:18 pm

j7wild wrote:

Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... 4a1a29195599547
Yeah, Rosa Klebb was a real hottie.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:31 am

Well, there are two bikini clad girls in the poster. If you're into that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
Bounine
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Bounine

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:56 am

I gave it an 8. I like the black and white.

I must be one of the few people who like the posters for CR and SF. I think they're elegant and stylish. Reminiscent of photography one might find in an upmarket magazine.

Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:44 am

j7wild wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzz!!

Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... 413394195598324 Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... F0b405195598602 Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... 334757195598852 Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... 4a1a29195599547 Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... 8f4d63195599573

Yes, now those are Bond posters!!!!!! Someday this will all be over and Bond will come back to normal.

We endure.

Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Quantum_of_solace05
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:34 am

tiffanywint wrote:

Yes, now those are Bond posters!!!!!! Someday this will all be over and Bond will come back to normal.

We endure.

Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Quantum_of_solace05

How can you not see the Flammingian geenious in that masterpiece of a poster?
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:39 am

CJB wrote:

How can you not see the Flammingian geenious in that masterpiece of a poster?

I know, I'm sure it's very deep, like Prometheus, "Flammingesquian" even. Girls and guns and explosions and colour would just spoil every thing I'm sure.

Maybe one needs to consume 10 or so shaken not stirred, (if one looks like one gives a damn, that is) Heinekens to appreciate the geenious of the contemporary, impressionist Bond poster art. Deep.
Back to top Go down
Bounine
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Bounine

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:22 am

The QOS posters are definitely lacklustre but I like the CR ones and the teaser poster for SF. Those Moore and later Connery posters with women all over them have never done it for me. Not the women specifically :), but the overall poster design that is. My favourite Bond posters are the vintage ones from the early Connery flicks: Dr No - YOLT (not that Thunderball poster posted above however but the other one with the three different pictures on it).
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:27 pm

The CR theatrical posters was just dull, colourless and badly photoshopped.
Back to top Go down
Bounine
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Bounine

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 5:47 am

Yeah the photoshop work was a bit iffy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...   Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster... Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate the SKYFALL teaser poster...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next