More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here

Go down 
+7
Jack Wade
bitchcraft
Largo's Shark
Control
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
Fort Knox
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here   New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 4:54 am

Dragonpol wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:
Not really a fan of dark colors. For reading purposes, it's hard on the eyes.
I would have thought that lighter colours were harder on the eyes. No?

Dark text against a light background is natural for the eye. But if you have something too bright, of course it will be hard on the eye.

FieldsMan wrote:
Another option:

New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 Color-scheme-284-main

I wouldn't be against this.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here   New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 5:11 am

More colour is good, but that looks like wallpaper from the set of The Brady Bunch.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here   New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:16 am

Can I just ask out of curiosity why people are posting rafts of about five different colours? We need ONE colour to replace the blue here (ie the colour directly behind the banner, then two "post background" colours (ie the colour of the "paper" your posts appear on). We then need a background (ie the dark blue Dalton pic we have right now. And ALL of these colours have to sit comfortably alongside each other, just as our blue colour scheme does at the moment.

That beeb test card would look cool with a Bond gunbarrel shot replacing the circular centre image, then dim the colour to b&w and then colour grade it to our chosen background colour. Obviously white out the BBC letters too.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here   New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:38 am

Lot of reinventing the wheel going on here. Take an existing design you like and run with it.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here   New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 11:08 am

The easiest way to decide this would be for people to just suggest a main colour (ie the one we have right now is kinda light blue), so for example if someone were to say dark green, then it's not rocket science to know that the surrounding colours would be lighter shades/variants of that colour. Can everyone just throw a "ballpark" colour at me so we can gauge some idea of which colour the majority here would be content with? Because right now, we seem so determined to dodge dark colours that our over-dread of looking like CBn is leading us more towards CBeebies.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here   New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 11:14 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
What about these colours?

New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 FCC_Composite

A bit too X-Box, probably.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here   New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 11:16 am

Less consultation, more action. The people are hungry for leadership.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here   New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 2:41 pm

I think the cleanest-looking forums are the best. They don't have tiled wallpapers or anything like that. (Or if they do, it's not a noticeable tile because those look cheap.) They usually have something simple, like just a gradient or a solid texture. No photos -- those are a slippery slope. They would have to be full-screen for sure. And the subject of the photo would have to either be on the very right or left edge so the body of the forum doesn't cover it, or have no real central subject at all.

I don't really care about the colors. Not to sound like a broken record, but as long as we don't do what CB.n is doing, it's hard to go too wrong unless we mix colors that don't complement each other or use shit-browns or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here   New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Yellow. Do it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here   New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 12:52 am

Skidmark brown is not a good look for a forum.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here   New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 7:24 am

M wrote:
Can I just ask out of curiosity why people are posting rafts of about five different colours? .

You don't need to use all five - just that there are options for colours that will go well together, and that you can use them for different purposes. One for the background, one behind text, one for font colour, headings, etc.

Just all suggestions. Nothing sinister. ;)
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here   New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:54 pm

I don't mind the purples. I still think we should stick with Helvetica or Arial, though.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here   New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:27 pm

The typeface isn't the best. I can deal with the purple, but that pixelated background needs to go.

Reminds me of a Windows 98 desktop background.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here   New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 9:46 am

Jack Wade wrote:
I still think we should stick with Helvetica or Arial, though.
Yup. Helvetica is all-around best, for both its readability and its functionality in various browsers.

I don't know what font we're using now, but it isn't as universal as Helvetica. For example, when I visit the board on my iPhone, the current font (whatever it is) defaults to Times New Roman. When the font is Helvetica, it stays as Helvetica on my phone (or at worst, defaults to Arial).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here   New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New forum colour scheme? Submit ideas here
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2