More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?

Go down 
+24
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Gravity's Silhouette
Blunt Instrument
Jack Wade
Lazenby.
lachesis
Full Monty Norman
Yellow Pinky
Staugust
Vesper
Harmsway
Agent OO7
dr. strangelove
Campbell4
Control
Flush
CJB
Bryan Tee
boldfinger
KyBondFan
bitchcraft
Hilly
Largo's Shark
Walecs
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? Empty
PostSubject: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 7:24 am

Had a look and quite surprised there isn't another thread for this (apologies if there is).

My bet is on:
Adele - given Skyfall's success, and the fact that they've already approached her. That said, she hasn't released anything recently,so her popularity may have decreased,  especially with the likes of:
Lana Del Ray - given the success of The Great Gatsby and her song in Maleficent. Haven't heard too much of her but very popular and her voice in the said songs seems very Bondian. That said, with a few movies behind her, interest in her could potentially be dulled because there's a chance of a new talent:
Paloma Faith - English, powerful voice with her retro sounding 'Only Love Can Hurt Like This'. Very popular at the moment, plus I really like her song. Married to the genius of Bond creatives, we'll be in for a treat, no doubt.

I'd be happy with any of the three. Also think Adele may end up being the next go to girl like Bassey, and producers could want a break between movies for Adele tunes, just like Bassey's efforts.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 1:48 pm

I'm not fussy as to who performs the title song these days, just so long as it's a good song.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 1:56 pm

Caroline Henderson

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 2:40 pm

I don't mind that song, Walecs, but like Beth Rowley, who I'd absolutely love to sing the theme after hearing Sunday Kind of Love, You've Got Me Wrapped Around Your Little Finger and especially Careless Love, I don't believe she is well known enough (I could be wrong though, and I could be the only one who hasn't heard of her!) tongue

Surely you have someone you'd really like though, PM.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 3:48 pm

I'm not sure who I want but right now Sam Smith seems the most likely choice.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 9:06 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
I don't mind that song, Walecs, but like Beth Rowley, who I'd absolutely love to sing the theme after hearing Sunday Kind of Love, You've Got Me Wrapped Around Your Little Finger and especially Careless Love, I don't believe she is well known enough (I could be wrong though, and I could be the only one who hasn't heard of her!) tongue

Surely you have someone you'd really like though, PM.

You're right, she's pretty much unknown. But a man can dream ;)
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 11:53 pm

Lorde is the only artist I can think of right now, if only because "Royals" was on the radio earlier. And I know it's the only song of hers than anyone knows, but the "Pure Heroine" album on the whole was good.

But perhaps her particular brand of youthful abstract pop would hit the wrong note with some people.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 5:11 am

Yeah, nah I'll pass on Lorde…
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 11:31 am

I thought so. I'm really kind of set in my musical tastes - I like QOTSA, Foo Fighters, Incubus, Muse, U2 and RHCP, none of whom would really be suitable as a title artist (although I reckon Josh Homme writing lyrics and/or Dave Grohl drumming if need be would be fantastic).
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 12:15 am

No idea. Part of me would settle for an instrumental but that passed with OHMSS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 2:50 am

Preferably a well-known performer with Top of the Charts appeal.

I'd even accept Rihanna if she does justice to a good song.
Back to top Go down
KyBondFan

KyBondFan

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 4:38 pm

Every Bond film has had a different singer. They seem to like variety. With that in mind, Adele is automatically a no-go. Sam Smith was been rumored to be a top choice but recently he stated he has not even been approached to do it, even though he said he would love to do it. Lana Del Ray is another frequently mentioned artist as is Lorde. In terms of where they stand in the music world, Lorde is more popular and would most likely be the front runner even over Sam Smith. My guess as far as likelihood:
1. Lorde
2. Sam Smith
3. Lana Del Ray
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 1:50 am

Shirley Bassey did three Bond films - Goldfinger, Moonraker and Diamonds Are Forever - so Adele is certainly a possibility.
Back to top Go down
boldfinger
Cipher Clerk
boldfinger

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 10:17 am

I feel so disconnected, not knowing the names of Smith and the likes.

So I´ll go with Depeche Mode or Bryan Ferry.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 2:06 pm

Sam Smith I'm somewhat blank on. Adele returning wouldn't be too bad. Part of me wants to say Paloma Faith. There...I just did.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Bryan Tee

Bryan Tee

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 2:34 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Shirley Bassey did three Bond films - Goldfinger, Moonraker and Diamonds Are Forever -  so Adele is certainly a possibility.
But she didn't get to do 2 films in a row. For variety's sake, let's move over Adele. Let others have a chance.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 4:00 pm

Bryan Tee wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
Shirley Bassey did three Bond films - Goldfinger, Moonraker and Diamonds Are Forever -  so Adele is certainly a possibility.
But she didn't get to do 2 films in a row. For variety's sake, let's move over Adele. Let others have a chance.

Adele is quite smartly avoiding another follow up right away. If she accepted and it didn't so as well as Skyfall (which won an Oscar for best song), it would be considered a failure in some ways.

She can come back when there's a new guy playing Bond....
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 1:10 am

Hilly KCMG wrote:
Sam Smith I'm somewhat blank on. Adele returning wouldn't be too bad. Part of me wants to say Paloma Faith. There...I just did.

I too, don't know Sam Smith, but glad to see you jump on the Paloma Faith bandwagon.

Did Adele say she wasn't coming back already, bitchcraft?
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 1:58 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Did Adele say she wasn't coming back already, bitchcraft?

At least not for Bond 24...has her new album and kid to keep her occupied.

I've been hearing rumours about Lana Del Ray...I do like her thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 5:46 am

Actually Ed Sheeran might be another possibility. He has seemed to solidly deliver since his Give Me Love track, and given his involvement with the Hobbit (a song I've only heard once or twice, but did like), I can see him being approached for Bond 24.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 6:57 am

It's too soon for rumours. There isn't so much as a shooting schedule in place.

Can't say I like the idea of Lana Del Rey, either. Something about just does not sit well with me. Maybe it's the way most of her lyrics are about submission. Or maybe it was her bloody stupid comments about wishing she was dead so that her work would be immortalised. Or possibly it's the way she has less vocal range than Metallica's James Hetfield (who is notorious for only being able to sing in E); she sings in a near-monotone, and sounds completely bored.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 7:38 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
It's too soon for rumours. There isn't so much as a shooting schedule in place.

It's not too early to book an artist. I heard Depeche Mode lost out once because recording the song in studio would have conflicted with a DM tour.

Loving my new Violator remixes too...esp the DJ Tripp Club remix of Policy of Truth.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:38 am

Look at the recent trend of title themes - EON haven't booked an artist prior to the start of shooting for decades. I see no reason why they would break that trend now.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 9:24 am

boldfinger wrote:
I feel so disconnected, not knowing the names of Smith and the likes.

So I´ll go with Depeche Mode or Bryan Ferry.

Good choices....if BOND 24 was coming out in 1985, 87, or 89. I'd trade Gladys Knight's song for somethingby Depeche Mode or Bryan Ferry, but unfortunately for all involved, they're all way past their sell-date.It's unlikely SONY will opt for someone that doesn't bring in a younger demographic. Adele will not be back; at least no anytime soon; how can you top SKYFALL being #1on the charts, and winning an Oscar?

The answer is quite clear: it always has been: MUSE.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 11:22 am

Maybe after "Absolution", but then Matthew Bellamy went batshit crazy. "Supremacy" was written as a potential Bond theme, and the first thirty seconds might have been, but then it just became a cacophony.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?   Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do you want for Bond 24's theme song?
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next