More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role

Go down 
+8
AMC Hornet
Fort Knox
Hilly
jaguar007
Perilagu Khan
Prince Kamal Khan
tiffanywint
Gravity's Silhouette
12 posters

Grand L. Bush (License To Kill)
Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role Vote_lcap29%Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Alan Cumming (Goldeneye)
Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role Vote_lcap24%Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role Vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
Frank McRae (License To Kill)
Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role Vote_lcap6%Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Everett McGill (License To Kill)
Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role Vote_lcap0%Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Gotz Otto (Tomorrow Never Dies)
Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role Vote_lcap41%Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role Vote_rcap
 41% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role Empty
PostSubject: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:00 pm

I vote John Terry as Leiter in TLD, although he redeemed himself years later, with solid work as Jack's father on, IMO, the best TV show of the last decade, Lost. Actually the best TV show of all-time I might suggest.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:03 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
I vote John Terry as Leiter in TLD, although he redeemed himself years later, with solid work as Jack's father on, IMO, the best TV show of the last decade, Lost. Actually the best TV show of all-time I might suggest.

Good choice. I hadn't thought of that. Next round of polls we should be sure to put him on. I think Soon Tek-Oh should have been on the list as well; he escaped my mind until after the poll was published.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Cumming, easily.

Last edited by Prince Kamal Khan on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:17 pm

Nobody's in the same dismal league with Bush.
Back to top Go down
jaguar007

jaguar007

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:18 pm

Prince Kamal Khan wrote:
Cummings, easily.

yes, one of the worst aspects of GE.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:19 pm

It's actually Cumming, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:13 pm

Cumming. I loathe Boris. As a kid, ha-ha but no...nooo
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:18 pm

I'd never frowned at the thought of Cumming until entering this thread.

Grand L.Bush was poor too, though I found Sharky (Frank McRae) rather likeable actually.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:19 pm

It's hard to dislike Sharky/McRae.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:35 pm

Interesting, the way you stack the deck in these polls, Grav.

Again, from the pool of talent selected, I can only give thumbs-down to poor Grand L. Bush, but to be fair it's not his fault that his role was so woefully underwritten.

He and Robert Davi make a great team as Agent Johnson and Special Agent Johnson in Die Hard the year before. He had one of my favorite lines:

Davi (gripping the M-60 in the door of the Huey): WOOO-HOOOO! Just like F***IN' Saigon - eh, Slick?
Bush: I was in juniour high, Dickhead.

Last edited by AMC Hornet on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:35 pm

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
It's actually Cumming, isn't it?

He's just Cumming, sir.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:39 pm

AMC Hornet wrote:
Interesting, the way you stack the deck in these polls, Grav.

Again, from the pool of talent selected, I can only give thumbs-down to poor Grand L. Bush, but to be fair it's not his fault that his role was so woefully underwritten.

He and Robert Davi make a great team as Agent Johnson and Special Agent Johnson in Die Hard the year before. He had one of my favorite lines:

Davi (gripping the M-60 in the door of the Huey): WOOO-HOOOO! Just like F***IN' Saigon - eh, Slick?
Bush: I was in juniour high, Dickhead.

Perhaps the polls should be broken into best/worst henchman and best/worst helper. Then you could put Stamper up against Gobinda, and Sharky vs Columbo, etc.

There's no stacked deck. The polls were put together based on actual line delivery and talent displayed. If you look at the categories, you'll find henchwoman, Bond Girls, M, Q, whatever....in the same category. In other words, we are evaluating the actual talent of the acting, not the type of role or the category of the role.

I can't help it if some of the worst acting found happened to be in LTK. On the other hand, the other polls have recognized Davi and Dalton for their excellent performances. But it's the talent that should be evaluated, and I honestly can't say that Grand L. Bush or Frank McRae or the other guy in LTK gave anything but a poor performance.

And, for the record, I voted for Gotz Otto.

Hmmm...my signature has suddenly started to show up.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 12:52 am

Gotz Otto, more of a punk than a henchman.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:00 am

I can't really vote for any of them. I thought they were all quite passable.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Grand L Bush takes the cake. LTK improves immensely the moment he exits the film.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:50 pm

I always felt he need one more scene, towards the end of the movie, where he would how up to plug somebody in the back then say to Bond, "I told you I wasn't just going to forget about it."

Or would that have been too Deus ex machina?
Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:58 pm

Gotz Otto for me. Grand L Bush is awful but thankfully he has less screentime.

I think every henchman from TND -QOS has been terrible. I hope B23 can end that.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:31 am

I don't understand why Alan Cumming is up there. Perhaps you don't like his character, but his performance wasn't bad at all. Personally, I think the character is great comic relief, and I think he does a fantastic job at portraying the nerdy, fruitful character. Where is John Terry on the list?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:56 am

FieldsMan wrote:
I don't understand why Alan Cumming is up there. Perhaps you don't like his character, but his performance wasn't bad at all. Personally, I think the character is great comic relief, and I think he does a fantastic job at portraying the nerdy, fruitful character. Where is John Terry on the list?

Cumming's accent was simply not credible as a Russian. Even Famke Janssen's accent was a bit better. The audience loved him and he was great fun as a nerd, but the accent was too dodgy. John Terry's performance wasn't great either, but he had so few scenes that he couldn't be included.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:56 pm

I liked Boris. And as a man who speaks Russian--albeit rustily--I found nothing particularly woeful about Cumming's accent. Just a typical western actor faking Rooskie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role   Worst Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1