More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The clouds are here - the bad day thread.

Go down 
+34
Toppers
right idea, wrong pussy
j7wild
tiffanywint
Gravity's Silhouette
saint mark
groucho070
Fort Knox
Santa
Tubes
Hilly
The White Tuxedo
lachesis
G section
Chang
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Lazenby.
bitchcraft
CJB
Jack Wade
Moore
Ravenstone
Makeshift Python
lalala2004
Salomé
retrokitty
Klown
Largo's Shark
Vesper
colly
Control
Louis Armstrong
Fae
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 12:33 pm

Really sorry to hear that, BI. Hope you and your family pull through. All the best.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Deepest sympathies, BI.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:49 am

Thanks, everyone.

Funeral was on Monday ... it ended up 'standing room only'. And the amount of sympathy cards currently runs to almost 70 ... it gladdens my heart to know how well thought of he was.

Am back to work, because although it's a very tough time life goes on ... and sitting around moping has never brought anyone back anyway. I have strong doubts about the existence of an afterlife ... but Dad will live on in my happy memories of him, regardless.

Sleep well, Dad ... you've more than earned it. I love you.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:25 pm

My deepest sympathies to you and your family at this very sad time.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:49 pm

Thanks, lachesis.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Seeing as this is one of my hanging out places, I thought I'd say that my mother has passed away. I hadn't seen her since last Thursday when I brought some food to her. She'd been in ill-health. I had worried about her for a few days, and I couldn't get a hold of her. She didn't walk much, didn't drive. I've been her only real link to anyone.

I've been so busy, and I couldn't really get over there to check in on her. It seems she may have been dead for days. I feel horrible. I didn't see her body. The house was locked, I called EMT, and they found her.

Now I'm sorta in a daze.

So if I seem off on here (more off than usual), that's why.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:47 pm

sorry to hear of that, Tux. Thoughts with you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:57 pm

My sympathies, Tux.

Don't blame yourself. I'm sure you did all you could.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:13 pm

Deepest sympathies, Tux
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:19 pm

My sincerest condolences, Tux. I know what it's like to not be present at a loved one's death. The regret, and the inevitable "what ifs" are the most painful. Try to focus on the time you had with her, not what you missed.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:22 pm

Very sorry to read of that, Tux. My deepest condolences.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:33 pm

Ouch, Tux. My condolences to you and your family.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:51 pm

That's terrible, Tux. You definitely were not at fault, don't torture yourself with it.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:13 am

My condolences for your loss, Tux - and like everyone's saying, don't beat yourself up.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:14 pm

Thoughts are with you Tux and your family.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 5:44 pm

My sincerest condolences, Tux. All the best.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:06 pm

Best wishes to you and your family, Tux.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:21 pm

Thanks everyone. :) I'm planning to have her cremated (she told me a million times it's what she wanted), and I plan to mail her ashes to Ireland to spread over Galway Bay where she grew up.

And no, I still can't actually believe she has passed. I haven't shed one tear, which makes me think I'm some kind of a cold-blooded psycho. But to be honest, I drove to her house yesterday with a profound feeling she was dead.

It's funny. I often see someone and think it's maybe the last time I'll see them. Last Thursday, with my last visit with my mother, the whole thing was just innocuous. I wasn't there 10 minutes. I simply left. She wasn't feeling well, but I thought it was from not eating. I think she died about Sunday, based on what the coroner reported to me.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:36 pm

Deepest sympathies, mate.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:37 am

My sincerest condolences to both Blunt Instrument and White Tuxedo. I can't begin to imagine what both of you are going through right now. Needless to say that my thoughts are with both yourselves and your families.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
groucho070
Cipher Clerk
groucho070

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 4:06 am

My condolences Tux. Do be strong. And take care of yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://grouchydays.blogspot.com
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 5:16 am

Gutted for you Tux, and I'm ashamed to say I have only just noticed Blunt Instrument/My Name Is...'s similar bereavement posts on the previous page. I lost what would have been my father-in-law after a long illness over the weekend, which is why I've been preoccupied, but what you two guys must be going through right now is I'm sure an awful lot worse, trust me I know how it feels.

Both of you were two of the utmost "We HAVE to get these two over here" guys when MI6 changed, I've always held both of you in very high regard both as great posters and as top mates across both boards, thus both yourselves and your families obviously have my deepest condolences right now during what must be a truly terrible time for you both. I'd like to say that it gets easier with time, but even if it does it's still never far from your mind. Remember the good times, take comfort in those around you and help each other through.

Again, my deepest condolences guys. Take care.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 10:14 am

My sincerest condolences
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Lazenby. wrote:
Gutted for you Tux, and I'm ashamed to say I have only just noticed Blunt Instrument/My Name Is...'s similar bereavement posts on the previous page. I lost what would have been my father-in-law after a long illness over the weekend, which is why I've been preoccupied, but what you two guys must be going through right now is I'm sure an awful lot worse, trust me I know how it feels.

Both of you were two of the utmost "We HAVE to get these two over here" guys when MI6 changed, I've always held both of you in very high regard both as great posters and as top mates across both boards, thus both yourselves and your families obviously have my deepest condolences right now during what must be a truly terrible time for you both. I'd like to say that it gets easier with time, but even if it does it's still never far from your mind. Remember the good times, take comfort in those around you and help each other through.

Again, my deepest condolences guys. Take care.

I've already replied to your PM, Lazzers ... but I couldn't let this post go unacknowledged. Thank you so much for your kind words ... my own opinion of my forum 'contribution' is that I occasionally manage to post something reasonably amusing, but it's truly fantastic to be held in high regard by others. :)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:32 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
it's truly fantastic to be held in high regard by others. :)

Don't want to rain on your parade, Blunt, but Rave and Oppers hold all Baker Street's clients like that. They've no wish to be sent back to Ploiești.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The clouds are here - the bad day thread.
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next