More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Box Office returns

Go down 
+13
Salomé
GeneralGogol
Santa
Tubes
Makeshift Python
Loomis
tiffanywint
FourDot
Largo's Shark
The White Tuxedo
bitchcraft
Harmsway
Gravity's Silhouette
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Box Office returns - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:02 pm

http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/first-box-office-the-woman-in-black-and-chronicle-tied-for-1-big-miracle-3/
By NIKKI FINKE | Saturday February 4, 2012 @ 10:01pm PST

SATURDAY PM/SUNDAY AM, 4TH UPDATE: I’m back in front of the computer tonight. It’s been a bigger-than-predicted box office this Super Bowl weekend — $110M moviegoing overall which is +33% from last year as February starts out hotter than tracking showed. Friday night numbers seesawed into the wee hours of Saturday morning until Fox’s scifi spectacle Chronicle came out ahead by $300,000 over CBS FIlms’ thriller The Woman In Black. By Sunday Fox is clearly #1 for the weekend with grosses $22M vs $21M respectively. Trust me, no one in Hollywood projected either movie would get near $20M so this gives new meaning to the term ‘overperform’. Best, both films are a low-cost/high-reward bonanza for the two studios, especially because budgets were kept low as well as the marketing spends. Better yet, both films managed to attract the elusive young audiences who were missing for the last six months of 2011. ”What is great is that young people went to both movies in droves,” an exec tells me. Though it’s the weekend’s biggest budget debut, Universal’s Big Miracle is a disappointment – only an $8.1M weekend which is less than the $10M execs hoped for. Last week’s big winner, Open Road’s The Grey, is showing a solid hold. Full analysis coming.

Top 10 (based on weekend gross)

1. Chronicle (Fox) NEW [2,907 Theaters]
Friday $8.6M, Saturday $10.2M, Weekend $22M

2. The Woman in Black (CBS Films) NEW [2,855 Theaters]
Friday $8.3M, Saturday $9.5M, Weekend $21M

3. The Grey (Open Road) Week 2 [3,207 Theaters]
Friday $3.1M, Saturday $4.8M, Weekend $9.5M (-52%), Est Cume $34.6M

4. Big Miracle (Universal) NEW [2,129 Theaters]
Friday $2.2M, Saturday $3.9M, Weekend $8.1M

5. Underworld Awakening (Sony) Week 3 [2,636 Theaters]
Friday $1.7M, Saturday $2.7M, Weekend $5.5M, Est Cume $54.3M

6. One For The Money (Lionsgate) Week 2 [2,737 Theaters]
Friday $1.7M, Saturday $2.5M (-55%), Weekend $5.1M, Est Cume $19.5M

7. Red Tails (LucasFilm/Fox) Week 3 [2,347 Theaters]
Friday $1.5M, Saturday $2.5M, Weekend $5M, Est Cume $41.3M

8. The Descendants (Fox Searchlight) Week 12 [2,038 Theaters]
Friday $1.4M, Saturday $2.3M, Weekend $4.6M, Est Cume $65.5M

9. Man On A Ledge (Summit) Week 2 [2,998 Theaters]
Friday $1.5M, Saturday $2.2M, Weekend $4.5M (-44%), Est Cume $14.7M

10. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (Warner Bros) Week 7 [2,505 Theaters]
Friday $1.2M, Saturday $1.9M, Weekend $3.9M, Est Cume $26.7M
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:22 pm

MI4 has passed the 600m worldwide mark

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=mi4.htm

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Who gives a fuck?
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:09 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Who gives a fuck?

Me....good for the spy franchise genre.

Sets a good bar for Bond too.

I guess you didn't get any from Santa last night and you're pissy...

Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Oh he got some but I had to tell him some home truths. Frankly he's a bit crap at sex. Small and lacking in technique. He didn't take the news well.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

Santa wrote:
Oh he got some but I had to tell him some home truths. Frankly he's a bit crap at sex. Small and lacking in technique. He didn't take the news well.

I'm giving Santa a hard time, but not in the way she'd hoped for.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

Santa wrote:

I'm giving Santa a hard time, but not in the way she'd hoped for.

Perhaps you better step aside and let a real man...like Tom Cruise...do the impossible...

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:48 pm

I think Drew Barrymore was the worst possible person the studio could have sent out to promote BIG MIRACLE. She managed to insult half the potential viewing audience with her diatribe against oil companies and Ronald Reagan.

It's interesting because I think there are a lot more Republicans and conservatives in Hollywood than one would think at first glance, but that's mostly because they are in management, executive positions and financial positions and don't get the same face time that the "talent" gets, which skews almost completely far left and liberal. And by "talent" I'm talking about actors and actresses (who think the world revolves around them), as well as writers and directors. But when you actually have to be responsible for other people keeping their job and making sure a project is financially viable, it seems like most of Hollywood from executive producers on up suddenly become Republicans.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Perhaps you better step aside and let a real man...like Tom Cruise...do the impossible...

My replacement has already arrived. It's just you and me now, Dog.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:38 pm

Just eked by $100m in the US Box Office...The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=girldragontattoo11.htm
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:44 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
I think Drew Barrymore was the worst possible person the studio could have sent out to promote BIG MIRACLE. She managed to insult half the potential viewing audience with her diatribe against oil companies and Ronald Reagan.

It's interesting because I think there are a lot more Republicans and conservatives in Hollywood than one would think at first glance, but that's mostly because they are in management, executive positions and financial positions and don't get the same face time that the "talent" gets, which skews almost completely far left and liberal. And by "talent" I'm talking about actors and actresses (who think the world revolves around them), as well as writers and directors. But when you actually have to be responsible for other people keeping their job and making sure a project is financially viable, it seems like most of Hollywood from executive producers on up suddenly become Republicans.

Drew Barrymore is an idiot. I love whales, but I won't spend 5 cents on Barrymore's airhead Hollywood liberal politics. Movie crossed off pay-to-see list.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:05 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Just eked by $100m in the US Box Office...The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=girldragontattoo11.htm

Good for Craig, with two $100 million earners in the States in 2011. I'm probably in the minority, but I enjoyed all four movies he was in last year.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:04 am

Only saw two of them, COWBOYS & ALIENS and DRAGON TATTOO. The former was okay, but needed some changes because while seeing Craig and Ford is awesome, the dynamic isn't that interesting because there's nothing for them to play of eachother if they're both badass cowboys. One of them should have been more comical, which Craig's role originally was when Downy Jr. had it. Imagine if Connery played Henry Jones Sr. as if he were James Bond in THE LAST CRUSADE, it would have been a pretty boring dynamic.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:12 am

I quite enjoyed Dream House, although I might be one of only a few hundred persons in the world to have actually seen it. I thought it was decent little mystery thriller.

Dragon Tattoo was quite good as well.

Cowboys and Aliens was a dog's breakfast.

Craig is not one of my favourite actors. I liked Dream House and Tattoo as movies. Craig's performances were adequate. He just doesn't grab me as an actor.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:26 pm

http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/strong-midnights-star-wars-3d-phantom-menace-1-1m-the-vow-700k-safe-house-530k/

1. The Vow (Screen Gems/Sony) NEW [2,958 Theaters]
Friday $15.3M, Saturday $16.4M, Weekend $41M

2. Safe House (Universal) NEW [3,119 Theaters]
Friday $13.8M, Saturday $16.5M, Weekend $39M

3. Journey 2: Mysterious Island 3D (Warner Bros) NEW [3,470 Theaters]
Friday $6.5M, Saturday $12.4M, Weekend $27M

4. Star Wars 3D: Phantom Menace (LucasFilm/Fox) NEW [2,655 Theaters]
Friday $8.6M, Saturday$8.7M, Weekend $23M

5. Chronicle (Fox) Week 2 [2,908 Theater]
Friday $3.5M, Saturday $5.5M, Weekend $12M (-46%), Cume $39.8M

6. The Woman In Black (CBS Films) Week 2 [2,856 Theaters]
Friday $3.3M, Saturday $4.7M, Weekend $10.4M (-50%), Cume $35.6M

7. The Grey (Open Road) Week 3 [2,801 Theaters]
Friday $1.3M, Saturday $2.3M, Weekend $5M, Cume $42.7M

8. Big Miracle (Working Title/Universal) Week 2 [2,133 Theaters]
Friday $920K, Saturday $1.7M, Weekend $3.7M, Cume $13M

9. The Descendants (Fox Searchlight) Week 13 [1,581 Theaters]
Friday $872K, Saturday $1.6M, Weekend $3.4M, Cume $70.6M

10. Underworld Awakening (Sony) Week 4 [1,657 Theaters]
Friday $666K, Saturday $1.1M, Weekend $2.5M, Cume $58.9M

----------------------------------------------

THE FANTURD MENACE came in 4th; that's at least some quantum of solace for me.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
seeing Craig and Ford is awesome
You sound like my 14-year-old niece. Set critical faculties to warm glow.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:15 pm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

Episode 1 is still a win for Lucas, even at 4th place. Combining all the factors involved (recent Blu Ray release, shrinking enthusiasm for 3D, TPM's perception as the bastard child of the series), a 23 million opening and roughly 50-60 million total is a good showing.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:52 pm

Tubes wrote:

Episode 1 is still a win for Lucas, even at 4th place. Combining all the factors involved (recent Blu Ray release, shrinking enthusiasm for 3D, TPM's perception as the bastard child of the series), a 23 million opening and roughly 50-60 million total is a good showing.

I don't think there's "shrinking enthusiasm for 3D". It's just like anything; it needs to be done in moderation, or market saturation will dilute the value. In this particular case THE PHANTOM MENACE in 3D is the same as THE PHANTOM MENACE in 2D: awful. And there's no amount of special effects that can cover that up.

The Lucas brand has been severely tarnished. RED TAILS was a minor hit and his name attached to it probably kept more people away than it brought in.

Still, I don't think THE FANTURD MENACE says anything about the rest of the series being released in 3-D. The best entries in the series won't come out until 2015, 2016, and 2017. That'll give Lucas enough time to screw around with the original trilogy once again.

I don't think it's a "win" either. I think it says a lot about THE FANTURD MENACE that it could only break 4th place.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Tubes wrote:

I don't think there's "shrinking enthusiasm for 3D". It's just like anything; it needs to be done in moderation, or market saturation will dilute the value.

That's the point we're at. Market saturation has diluted the value of 3D, at least in the states. That's also the same reason why I'm not as enthusiastic about Journey 2's opener as others are. It's not a special event like Journey 1 because there are 3D flicks that are just around the corner.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Tubes wrote:
Tubes wrote:

I don't think there's "shrinking enthusiasm for 3D". It's just like anything; it needs to be done in moderation, or market saturation will dilute the value.

That's the point we're at. Market saturation has diluted the value of 3D, at least in the states. That's also the same reason why I'm not as enthusiastic about Journey 2's opener as others are. It's not a special event like Journey 1 because there are 3D flicks that are just around the corner.

Some movies are made for Real 3-D. PROMETHEUS will be one of them.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:53 am

Tubes wrote:
Tubes wrote:

Some movies are made for Real 3-D. PROMETHEUS will be one of them.

More importantly, some movies are made in Real 3D and not converted in post. Regardless of what George might say, the real thing is always the best.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:27 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:
seeing Craig and Ford is awesome
You sound like my 14-year-old niece. Set critical faculties to warm glow.

Weren't you quite fond of said niece?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:28 am

Yes, she was sharp and funny. Peer pressure has turned her into a Stepford girl.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:29 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Yes, she was sharp and funny. Peer pressure has turned her into a Stepford girl.

It's probably just a phase.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 5:32 am

This movie is one of the few 3d films I've seen that was worth paying for. Someone explained to me, that's because the 3d was not the atmospheric sh**e, but was indeed real 3d, whatever that means. Maybe it was shot in 3d.

Anyway, it uses 3d to awesome effect. Worth checking out, if it ever comes back to cinema.

The side-saddle blonde btw is Amber Heard. She's worth the price of admission in 3d.

Box Office returns - Page 2 Drive%2Bangry%2BUK%2Bposter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Box Office returns   Box Office returns - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Box Office returns
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next