More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

General bitch and moan thread

Go down 
+21
Salomé
tiffanywint
Prisoner Monkeys
Santa
Ravenstone
Blunt Instrument
HJackson
Makeshift Python
Hilly
Largo's Shark
Fairbairn-Sykes
saint mark
Gravity's Silhouette
Vesper
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
CJB
Control
Moore
j7wild
Jack Wade
bitchcraft
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 12:15 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
It is a cruel twist of fate that humanity's greatest ever challenges will likely have to be tackled by its most sissified generation ever.

If by challenges you're talking about Islamism rather than Climate Change

Both, among others.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 12:30 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
laugh

Well, it was Houellebecq at his most provocative. He's no friend of Islam, but conjoured up a near-future Paris where everyone is either fat on Saudi-financed pensions or has full-time employment because women have been sent back to the home. And- very Houellebecq - all his middle-aged colleagues have  acquired new 15-year-old wives. I don't expect the BBC will be adapting his work anytime soon ...

I'd like to see old man Jeremy Bentham wrap his head around that one.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 12:41 pm

Vesper wrote:
I'd like to see old man Jeremy Bentham wrap his head around that one.

Yeah, it's a radical and amusingly bizarre twist on democracy that the majority must now do the minorities' bidding.

Buried in Submission's dark humour is Houellebecq's observation that, for all its failings and unfairness, patriarchy worked. People had children. Now traditional EU birthrates (that is, non-migrant) are in sharp decline as Western men and women look upon each other with great suspicion and even hatred. Hard to call that progress.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 1:16 pm

I would argue that the drop in birth numbers roughly coincides with the activation of women in the job market, which is as much - of not more - a consequence of capitalism than of any feminist or progressive success.

I mean, I know it has been re-framed as feminist success story, which is mostly just amusingly opportunistic to me.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 1:25 pm

Salomé wrote:
I know it has been re-framed as feminist success story, which is mostly just amusingly opportunistic to me.

Spot-on. I was discussing the new film Suffragette the other day and pointed out that all British men only gained the vote 10 years before women. I was roundly condemned as a liar and provocateur. Which is true enough, just not in this case.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 1:29 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
I know it has been re-framed as feminist success story, which is mostly just amusingly opportunistic to me.

Spot-on. I was discussing the new film Suffragette the other day and pointed out that all British men only gained the vote 10 years before women. I was roundly condemned as a liar and provocateur. Which is true enough, just not in this case.

In Australia it was sixty seven years (in some states) before Indigenous Australians, but don't let that get in the way of a good story.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 1:33 pm

I love that now when pop-feminism is bigger than ever, with a wider media reach and a louder voice than ever, Western feminists still claim they're being oppressed.

Not their sisters in the developing world, but they of the inner-city latte precincts who can do what they want, sleep with who or what they want, choose their career, and complain about it all on the interwebs, in Leftist print media, and on taxpayer broadcasters to a sympathetic audience.

What oppression.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 1:40 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:

I also found it interesting that some of the feminists took offense at their "sisters" who complained about the white-wash of history (no non-white suffragettes at all in the feature apparently).

Or how the racism of some of said suffragettes was conveniently ignored.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 1:41 pm

Vesper wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:

In Australia it was sixty seven years (in some states) before Indigenous Australians, but don't let that get in the way of a good story.

Over here it was in 1948. The left then still tried to block it, due to their belief that women would largely vote right-wing (which proved correct).
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 8:43 am

Is there a way to set up a program that'd just post 'The Guardian' in this thread every day?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 12:00 pm

Vesper wrote:
Is there a way to set up a program that'd just post 'The Guardian' in this thread every day?

The Guardian has always been a black-is-white newspaper and consistently on the wrong side of herstory, but things have got significantly worse since Katharine Viner took over as editor. She's taken her background on the paper's wimmins section and added relentless female moaning to all pages. The Grauniad is now known as the STFU where I work.

No one else thinks the future is childless lesbians looking after loving cats. Still, it's a free read like the Daily Fail and as such, will be a go-to source because we're all too mean and stupid to pay for decent writing anymore.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 4:50 pm

There was an amusing hour long piece called Britain's Biggest Sexist? on our beloved and politically neutral BBC last night. Four tax-payer funded "comedians" (including professional whinger Rhiannon Lucy Cosslett, who I don't think has ever actually performed comedy) threw wicked barbs at all the sick dinosaurs ruining our society - students who ask women out on dates, toy manufacturers who effectively market their products to their intended audience, screenwriters who don't burden their scripts with irrelevant and uninteresting verbage to pass some arbitrary political correctness test.

Most interesting was a short aside on Lego, which was apparently marketed in a gender-neutral way until the mid-80s when suddenly they started to develop a line for little girls. The braindead feminist zombie even repeated the explanation given by Lego themselves - that they realised girls were interacting with the product differently so they shook up their approach appropriately - but laughed off this clearly plausible consequence of basic market research and preferred to assume that it was some misogynist conspiracy.

Of course, not a single mention of those northern rape gangs that systematically abuse towns full of young girls. Or those families where the men vote by post on behalf of their wives and daughters - who aren't allowed to leave the house without covering their faces. That's not sexism, just good old fashioned cultural diversity.

I wonder how much longer this vapid, fashionable, virtue signalling politics will last when the positions taken are so completely devoid of logic or contact with reality that they don't even look virtuous to the average low-information mark anymore.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 5:42 pm

From an outsider's perspective I find the stable of comedians on the BBC payroll quite puzzling. We rave about the waste of the ABC down under but while they throw nepotistic production deals to their favourite clusters of personality disorders comedians they don't have them under contract.

Ostensibly a show like "The Apprentice" is an education programme (I believe it is referred to as a 'business documentary' when shooting, though I don't think the core of the show has focused on business strategies and problems since whichever series it was that projected Katie Hopkins into the media). Yet there are no less than three comedians on staff to write insipid material about it on an ongoing basis. It seems hard to justify.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 10:59 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Vesper wrote:

things have got significantly worse since Katharine Viner took over as editor.

So this is what happens when a former editor of Cosmopolitan becomes editor of the Guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/nov/25/booze-n-snooze-surviving-my-first-adult-sleepover

Fuck this shit. Teen scum everywhere. Except they're all in their 30s.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 11:21 am

I hope they all fingered each other at the very least.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 3:30 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:
Vesper wrote:

things have got significantly worse since Katharine Viner took over as editor.

So this is what happens when a former editor of Cosmopolitan becomes editor of the Guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/nov/25/booze-n-snooze-surviving-my-first-adult-sleepover

Fuck this shit. Teen scum everywhere. Except they're all in their 30s.

I was beginning to feel a bit sorry for Rhiannon Lucy Cosslett, who wrote the article (the backlash beneath the line has been so great that she claims she was forced to write it). Then I read her Twitter feed;

Quote :
I'm actually being cyber bullied by Guardian commenters.

Quote :
I'm so tired of men being dicks on the internet.

Meanwhile the moderators are removing readers' attacks at speed, but the comments section is still a good laugh, particlarly the feminazis defending poor lil ol' Rhiannon; well, diddums,  she was forced to write it by the Mean Men Who Run the Grauniad. Seems they're unaware that this is the new dawn of Female First newspapers. ROTFLMAO

Finally I wonder who wrote this little gem BTL?

Quote :
If this was a boxing match the referee would have ended it around two hours ago. Maybe closing for comments is a good idea - when you get contributors posting that it wasn't my fault they made me do it - enough is enough.The casualty is not this article, or even this contributor but the standards for space-fillers and the credentials necessary to get them on these pages. It's been a long time coming but froth-apocalypse is here for The Guardian.

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 5:37 pm

Adult sleepovers. ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General bitch and moan thread   General bitch and moan thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

General bitch and moan thread
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7