More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

DVD/BluRay News

Go down 
+25
Strangways&Quarrel
Tubes
Lazenby.
CJB
j7wild
Seve
Hilly
Loomis
lachesis
Harmsway
Gravity's Silhouette
tiffanywint
HJackson
Jack Wade
Fairbairn-Sykes
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
G section
trevanian
lalala2004
Largo's Shark
colly
FourDot
The White Tuxedo
Control
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:32 am

Glad to see that CERTIFIED COPY is getting the Criterion treatment, even if its cover art is pretty damn ugly.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:44 am

Harmsway wrote:
Glad to see that CERTIFIED COPY is getting the Criterion treatment, even if its cover art is pretty damn ugly.

Must have been done in MS Paint. Looking forward to seeing it, though.

Overall, I'm not really enthusiastic about those new releases.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 2:24 am

Harmsway wrote:

About the only cover from Criterion that I don't like. Some of the early ones were sketchy, though.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 2:58 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Harmsway wrote:
About the only cover from Criterion that I don't like.
It's probably the worst Criterion cover I've ever seen. And given how beautifully shot CERTIFIED COPY is, it seems like a crime to saddle the film with such a wretched design.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:55 am

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Chinatown-Blu-ray/6098/

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:16 pm

John Huston's FREUD is coming out on DVD in the UK on April 23rd. I'm very excited - I recall somebody on here had good things to say about it (Sharky perhaps?), and I enjoyed what I saw on YouTube before closing it in a rage when it fell out of sync.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Freud-DVD-Montgomery-Clift/dp/B007AJGI3W/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1334337097&sr=1-1

Not sure about the distributors since I don't own anything they've relased (to my knowledge), but I'll probably take the plunge anyway. I love Montgomery Clift, and all of Huston's other work I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:40 am

DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 Wacky_rosemary

The latest Criterion clue. ROSEMARY'S BABY? I hope so.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:15 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 Wacky_rosemary

The latest Criterion clue. ROSEMARY'S BABY? I hope so.

I was just thinking of how the DVD looks like dog chow on my HDTV. I want a Blu-ray. And a young Mia Farrow.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:47 am

Studio Canal are releasing Welles' THE TRIAL on Blu-ray on September 3rd. Consider me excited.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:22 pm

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Trial-Blu-ray/44831/

Damnit, it doesn't say if it's going to be Region A!
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:19 pm

Ice Station Zebra is coming to Blu Ray, always worth a look for McGoohan & Borgnine.

Link to news at bluray.com
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:24 am

lachesis wrote:
Ice Station Zebra is coming to Blu Ray, always worth a look for McGoohan & Borgnine.

Link to news at bluray.com

This movie should look real good on blu-ray. I've got the dvd. Might be worth an upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Just found out that OUTLAND is going blu. Great to hear, because the old 1997 DVD was a real stinker. Amazon has it on pre-order for 14.95. I might as well grab this one.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:54 am

A badass Hitchcock set is coming to Blu-Ray in the UK:
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8982

I wonder if the US will get a similar set? If not, this is a perfect excuse to splurge and buy a region-free player.

If we do get a similar set in the US, I imagine the packaging will be shit.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:05 am

Can't wait to see screencaps. My PSYCHO Blu-ray looks great. My REAR WINDOW DVD looks like shit.

I have to say that Universal Blu-rays annoy me for going to a screensaver if you pause them for more than 2 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:12 am

I'm looking forward to seeing if the VERTIGO Blu-Ray is any better than the DVD.

It'll also be great to see FAMILY PLOT, FRENZY, and THE TROUBLE WITH HARRY in high def.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:32 am

I'll only get VERTIGO on blu if it has the original mono mix option. It should have it, otherwise I don't care.

Come to think of it, I don't think I have any Hitchcock on blu. They're all DVDs. I might only upgrade for a few that I consider stand outs like PSYCHO and REAR WINDOW. Not sure what else, but I'd love to see them all in hi-def at some point.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:04 am

Control wrote:

I wonder if the US will get a similar set? If not, this is a perfect excuse to splurge and buy a region-free player.

The packaging we're getting is utter shit. All show, no functionality. I'd rather they just slap some standard cases into a box with a decent design.

Makeshift Python wrote:
I'll only get VERTIGO on blu if it has the original mono mix option. It should have it, otherwise I don't care.
Don't understand that sort of hardline purism. VERTIGO is going to look amazing in 1080p and if they don't include mono now they never will. May as well upgrade for the massive upgrade in image.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:12 am

I imagine there should be room for it, they included it for the Masterpiece set so I don't see why it shouldn't be included in the blu-ray.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:44 pm

HJackson wrote:
Control wrote:

The packaging we're getting is utter shit. All show, no functionality. I'd rather they just slap some standard cases into a box with a decent design.

I'm interested in the booklets. But, I hope they're filled with interesting information, rather than generic facts dug up from IMDB's trivia section.

And wasn't there a VERTIGO DVD that included the mono mix as an optional audio track?
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:23 pm

Control wrote:
HJackson wrote:
Control wrote:

I'm interested in the booklets. But, I hope they're filled with interesting information, rather than generic facts dug up from IMDB's trivia section.

And wasn't there a VERTIGO DVD that included the mono mix as an optional audio track?

I like the look of the UK packaging but like my Planet of the Apes box-set it looks to be one of those that is impossible to house on a shelf. Some great titles, 'Shadow of a Doubt' is one of my faves of the less famous Hitch's and to date hasn't had much love in terms of print attention on any format I've been able to own so it should be a treat.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:35 pm

SHADOW OF A DOUBT is indeed one of his finest films.

It ranks up there with THE 39 STEPS, NOTORIOUS, and VERTIGO.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:35 pm

And LIFEBOAT.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Finally David Fincher's THE GAME is coming not just to Blu-Ray, but we're going to get everything that was never on the bare-bones original dvd release...audio commentary, behind-the-scenes footage, alternate ending, etc....I think the British market had a much better dvd release years ago, but this film was neglected in America. It's a definite immediate purchase for me. Can't wait!

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa204.html#061812

http://www.criterion.com/films/28058-the-game
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Not only a barebones DVD but it was also non-anamorphic. This film has been neglected too long. I'm definitely getting it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

DVD/BluRay News
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next