More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?

Go down 
+18
saint mark
Blunt Instrument
Santa
Big Boss
British Vulture
Fairbairn-Sykes
Jack Wade
bitchcraft
CJB
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Largo's Shark
Control
Makeshift Python
Hilly
Ravenstone
Fort Knox
Perilagu Khan
Lazenby.
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Yes: Rename and reorganise the forums
Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 Vote_lcap38%Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 10 ]
Yes: Rename but don't reorganise
Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes: Reorganise but don't rename
Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 Vote_lcap35%Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 35% [ 9 ]
No: Leave the forums as they are
Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 Vote_lcap27%Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 11:50 pm

http://www.bondandbeyond.com/

Hmmm...
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 11:59 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
http://www.bondandbeyond.com/

Hmmm...

that never happened to the other fella
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:09 am

Maybe we should change our name to Star Trek & Beyond?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:13 am

Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:45 am

Largo's Shark wrote:

"Beyond" would imply there's activity outside the Trek threads...

I just don't understand the Spicks and the Spocks and the T.J. Hooker in space.

I await the Star Wars buzz in 2015. I sorta understand that franchise.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:12 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:

Or: A Collective of Grouches.

The e in Grouch is optional :)
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:38 am

It's just depressing when you log in, and the only new posts in a) the STID thread or b) the general Star Trek thread.

Are we all stoned, or what?

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:44 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
It's just depressing when you log in, and the only new posts in a) the STID thread or b) the general Star Trek thread.

Boy, I wish. Life might be worth living.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:11 pm

CJB wrote:
Dragonpol wrote:
I don't see a whole lot wrong with the banner we have currently - Bond is foremost and Beyond is well...a bit beyond.

It was a good banner for a while (it's been two years or something I think) but this place could do with a more colourful layout.

Well, if you want to get more young women in here I was told by a tobacco sales rep that pastel shades attract young people more, especially young women. So light yellows and oranges would be the order of the day in this case. This was for Golden Virginia hand rolling tobacco which is still a dark green colour on pack.

I know BaB and tobacco are not one and the same, but here are the colours that I am referring to:

Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 126592

What do we all think? These colours have market research behind them, or so I'm reliably told!

Last edited by Dragonpol on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:11 pm

Sorry - double post.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:12 pm

Hilly wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:

Boy, I wish. Life might be worth living.

You can't mean it, LS.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:14 pm

Obviously it doesn't apply today, but that post was made several days ago.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:19 pm

Dragonpol wrote:

Well, if you want to get more young women in here I was told by a tobacco sales rep that pastel shades attract young people more, especially young women. So light yellows and oranges would be the order of the day in this case. This was for Golden Virginia hand rolling tobacco which is still a dark green colour on pack.

I know BaB and tobacco are not one and the same, but here are the colours that I am referring to:

http://images2.mysupermarket.co.uk/Products_1000/92/126592.jpg?v=2

Pastels are good. I also like the idea of a warning label.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:47 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Obviously it doesn't apply today, but that post was made several days ago.

Oh, well I'm very glad to hear it, LS!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:51 pm

CJB wrote:
Dragonpol wrote:

http://images2.mysupermarket.co.uk/Products_1000/92/126592.jpg?v=2

Pastels are good. I also like the idea of a warning label.

Yes - Warning! This is Bond...and Beyond!

Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 126592
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:38 pm

Just for the record here is what the current Golden Virginia Smooth packaging is like:

Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 10990__big

I still think that pastel would make BaB stand out as the no. 1 place for discussions on James Bond and beyond in other artistic topics.

What is the consensus here on BaB?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Hm.. I'll see what I can do.

That said, we'd need to agree on the text. Bond & Beyond or Bond and Beyond has to appear to somewhere, obviously, but what else?

Maybe a tagline?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 9:46 pm

Enter ye who dare
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 3:41 pm

How about this for a tag-line:

Your one-stop shop for James Bond, culture arts...and beyond!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Or how about...

Where all other James Bond forums end...this one begins!

Last edited by Dragonpol on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 6:39 pm

Dragonpol wrote:
Where all other James Bond forums end... this one begins!

I like that.

You're right about the pastel colours. I think a yellow banner would help us stand out from the red/black of Cb.n, the baby blues of MI6Community and DCINB and the black blue-grey of ajb007.

Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Use a Fleming quote.

We should also try to get Marlboro or Camel to sponsor our site.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:03 pm

Control wrote:
Use a Fleming quote.

What about James Bond's philosophy from his obituary in YOLT - a quote from Jack London?

"I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Dragonpol wrote:
Where all other James Bond forums end... this one begins!

I like that.

You're right about the pastel colours. I think a yellow banner would help us stand out from the red/black of Cb.n, the baby blues of MI6Community and DCINB and the black blue-grey of ajb007.

I'm glad you agree on both counts, LS. I'd like my ideas to be taken forward it others were agreeable, of course. I'm speaking with the benefit of market research backing from a very large tobacco company. That should count for something.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:39 am

Control wrote:

We should also try to get Marlboro or Camel to sponsor our site.

I think that'd get the site banned in Soviet Australia. Or at the very least, the forum would have to change its colours to a drab olive-green to discourage use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?    Renaming and/or reorganising our forums: Is this our way forward?  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next