More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

No Time to Die: SPOILERS

Go down 
+11
Napoleon Solo
Salomé
Stamper
bitchcraft
AMC Hornet
hegottheboot
Strangways&Quarrel
Blunt Instrument
CJB
Makeshift Python
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptySun May 31, 2020 6:34 am

CJB wrote:
Who do they make these movies for again?

They make them for fans who instantly react to publicly edited imdb pages without taking them with a quantum of salt.

In fact, you can see for yourself that his imdb credit for NTTD is no longer there: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm10880147

Somehow I have serious doubts that this 6'2'' South Carolinian idiot with only a single credit as a nameless American football player for an unreleased drama somehow scored the gig of playing a young Craig Bond.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptySun May 31, 2020 10:06 am

Still, given the direction they're going in, it's entirely plausible.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptySun May 31, 2020 11:31 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
CJB wrote:
Who do they make these movies for again?

They make them for fans who instantly react to publicly edited imdb pages without taking them with a quantum of salt.

In fact, you can see for yourself that his imdb credit for NTTD is no longer there: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm10880147

Somehow I have serious doubts that this 6'2'' South Carolinian idiot with only a single credit as a nameless American football player for an unreleased drama somehow scored the gig of playing a young Craig Bond.

Now now, MP ... why spoil the 'Everything about NTTD is going to be terrible' narrative with pesky factual info? wink
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptySun May 31, 2020 2:56 pm

Not everything about NTTD will be terrible. Just the script, BI, and probably the lead performance.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptySun May 31, 2020 6:58 pm

"Probably"? You've made your feelings very clear about Daniel Craig. Let's not be modest. tongue

But on a serious note, if we're really going to criticize creative choices on NTTD, I'd rather it be something verifiable. Not based on IMDb or InfoWars type YouTube pages like Midnight's Edge.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 1:03 am

My posting an IMDB cast list was less to with accuracy and more to highlight that it's entirely plausible given the direction of the series. It's not particularly reassuring that Fukunaga only became a Bond fan after watching CR.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 4:14 am

You should have made it a little more clear when you posted that image with the only text being "oh boy....", providing little context with that image. But whatever. Moving on.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 6:44 am

Some pretty big spoilers based on call sheets that surfaced on eBay.

I fail to see how so many narrative strands will tie together seamlessly but it does suggest a return to classic James Bond (minus the personal elements, which I think will stop the film from achieving a greatness Bond films demand). I also don't think Bond and Nomi will sleep with each other, perhaps paving the way for a new type of Bond girl where he is paired with an actress but it's a platonic relationship.

https://movieweb.com/no-time-to-die-leak-character-story-bond/?fbclid=IwAR1G4hWUNQsf1KAc83ZpekxO7CYcHkJqiNokA5cHTleDIDCNok9rN67EeBI
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 1:31 am

Skimmed a tad without trying to read in very much....uugh why does this start to sound reminiscent of EA games?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 1:39 am

Heh the cloning aspect from, was it Agent Under Fire?

The submarine pen lair I like. It's not entirely original since TSWLM did it so well with Liparus. But NTTD is sounding like a weird fusion between the sci fi aspects of James Bond with an ultra-gritty personal aspect. The successful fusion of the two is going to be a huge reach - and both are elements I'd rather leave at the door.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 8:08 am

Better avoid this thread if I don't wanna see spoilers!

Cloning... FMD... I can't anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 12:28 pm

Continuing BI's post in the main NTTD thread. Bond being a dad... Fleming's Bond would have taking a good swig of something strong and say "as if I didn't have enough problems."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 12:34 pm

Posting this here because there are NTTD spoilers. Supposedly Phoebe Waller-Bridge has been asked by Bond bosses to write a spin off series based on Bond's daughter and "Bond will be conflicted about training her up as a spy."

https://www.nme.com/news/film/phoebe-waller-bridge-may-write-new-james-bond-spin-off-franchise-reports-claim-2688281?fbclid=IwAR1vyZbMuMZv9tEMVXOO2CD2-uMFLWUQ7KA3aZpCEmAxjpGl-Ya6_HqldGE

laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 2:40 am

Sounds about as likely as a Jinx spin-off. ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 11:29 am

It's still just an unconfirmed rumour, so I'm not sure that post of mine needed the 'spoiler' thing done ... but hey, whatever.

Seem to remember that one of the ideas being bounced around for QOS at one stage was that Vesper would turn out to have a kid that Bond would be saddled with ... thankfully, that came to nothing.

If they DO do this for NTTD, what are the options?

The kid gets offed. Too dark, even for CraigBond.

Kid is just not mentioned in future films. Bit awkward, but not the first bit of shaky continuity in the franchise.

Bond realises that a return to active service and fatherhood are incompatible, and has the kid adopted. Probably the best option in the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 1:21 pm

Only because Twitter and Bond groups on FB were outraged that the headlines included the rumour - though given the call sheets that surfaced on eBay, it's highly likely it is true. So I added them for the visitors and members who want to remain as spoiler free as possible just in case! smile

Remember there was that tagline in the trailer: something happens in it that "changes everything". A kid would certainly have that effect. But then it might not be Bond's daughter - there's also the suggestion it's Madeleine's clone.

I'd say, whichever option provides the most melodrama, that's what Eon will go for.

As for the spinoff, it's yeah, I doubt they'll make a series about the kid. But maybe Nomi.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 7:42 pm

Purvis & Wade have been trying to throw in nuggets of Fleming that the films never used, so revealing that Bond has a kid out there seems very likely. Makes me wonder what Fleming would have done with it in further novels had he not passed away. I only just learned what Raymond Benson did with that thread and... YIKES.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 11:34 am

Ah yes ... the child Kissy is pregnant with at the end of YOLT, unbeknownst to Bond. Just went and looked the Benson thing up ... er, yeah. McGuffin, anyone?
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 1:29 pm

If this Spy Kid crap goes ahead, I'll join the wokers in demanding Bond be cancelled.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 11:56 pm

If anything, I think this would be right up Lee Tamahori's alley.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 11:13 am

CJB wrote:
If this Spy Kid crap goes ahead, I'll join the wokers in demanding Bond be cancelled.

It'll be this generation's Operation Cody Banks laugh .
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 2:31 am

CJB wrote:

laugh
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 3:30 am

JB Jr 2020 edition.
Adventures of Young Craig 003 1/2

Geez why is this even a suggestion in anyone's minds. The notion of a forgotten love child from the aftermath of YOLT should just be left buried.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die: SPOILERS   No Time to Die: SPOILERS - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

No Time to Die: SPOILERS
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9